Forums

What we can do to get neocrons population up

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

What we can do to get neocrons population up

Postby Mattness » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Hello everyone I just came back to neocron after yeasr of playing games that just arnt as good.
The population is very low and it's not because the game quality it's because no one knows about it. There are hundreds of forums where people are asking for a good fpsmmorpg. So I posted on about 40 yahoo questions, a bunch on toms hardware, and many others. So just wanted to pop in here and ask if u don't like the low population and have a few minutes. Go on google look for forums that are asking for a fpsmmorpg and take a second and let them know about what a great FREE game we have here. A lot of people are looking for neocron tell them where it is!
Mattness
THN nib

Re: What we can do to get neocrons population up

Postby Gaukler » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 pm

I have downloaded the client.. but can't game... what should i do now ???
Gaukler
THN nib

Postby Kalof » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:03 am

Sure it would be nice if the Neocron population rise but i understand why the GM´s dont do some advertising on other pages. If you had ever played Neocron, you love the game but if you are a new player who never played Neocron before, you will lost the fun of the game with all the problems the game still have like balancing or bugs. The GM´s explain it ones that they want to do advertising but first they want to fix all the big problems, which destroy the fun of new player. After they fixed it they will do advertising. :)

Gaukler wrote:I have downloaded the client.. but can't game... what should i do now ???

They doing some maintenance atm Gaukler thats why you cant connect
Kalof
THN nib

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:51 am

Might be true, but also it's a part of the new generation of MMO-players which have...other standards, more tending to casual play (quickly induced fun), graphics or are denying everything older than ~2 years, which I fail to understand.

Also bugs etc are always there, I've not yet came across a game without 'em, especially when it comes to mmos that focus on PvP, more than PvE.
With all the wannabe free-to-play games nowadays and the lack of quality.. yes lack!, I would be more than happy to encounter an older title (like NC) to be rejuvenated by Devs that are not fully blinded by banknotes
and people that still believe on the very soul of gaming.

I'm not too enthusiastic about the upcoming "Neocron Reloaded" aswell, hearing of free-to-play ingame shop and seeing real life advertisement all around in the vids, wish it would become purely subscription based...and don't tell me that it would be too expensive~ it's the other way around, believe it or not ;)

Anyway, sorry to let off some steam here but I've seen enough well made or promising titles that died in a fire before.

*F5's some server status page* o3o
Feng
THN nib

Clan: maybe 3-5 since I left
Faction: City Mercs

Postby Raghnall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Feng wrote: I'm not too enthusiastic about the upcoming "Neocron Reloaded" aswell, hearing of free-to-play ingame shop and seeing real life advertisement all around in the vids, wish it would become purely subscription based...and don't tell me that it would be too expensive~ it's the other way around, believe it or not ;)

Anyway, sorry to let off some steam here but I've seen enough well made or promising titles that died in a fire before.

They said during the Q&A they wanted to fix things before they did any adverts and I'm no accountant but from what I understand there is some serious legal mountains that need to be traversed before any sort of monetary donations/subscriptions/contributions can be acquired. :banghead:

Not sure if you were injected with NeoCrack but NC used to be on the subscription model until the parent company went belly up. Fortunately for all of us we have some truly awesome and dedicated people who are committed to keeping our veins pumped full :love: . The mere fact that NC is still standing a decade after its launch in any form just goes to show how truly dedicated the dev's and the core base are and I'm sure when the dev's are confident they have everything they would like to see finished before going viral with adverts the denizens of the wasteland will create a buzz on forums :twisted: and draw new interest and blood into the community.
Raghnall
THN nib

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:14 pm

I was talking about Neocron Reloaded there, not Neocron Evolution 2.2.

The guys keeping NC:Evo intact, I couldn't thank them enough for it!

I'm just concerned about the other variant,...since the "good old days" I've been dissappointed enough with half baked stuff and money grabbin'

P.s. I played NC as it went retail but sadly left after a few years, not sure why...maybe server merging, I really should have gone back earlier were it was more populated but hey, looking forward to it when it's ready for the masses again.

...and dont you take my Neocrack!
Feng
THN nib

Clan: maybe 3-5 since I left
Faction: City Mercs

Postby Brammers » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 pm

Gaukler wrote:I have downloaded the client.. but can't game... what should i do now ???

The servers are down atm - I'll try and remember to let you know when they are back.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2