Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

JfL LAN V - a weekend of pwnage!

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

JfL LAN V - a weekend of pwnage!

Postby Delphi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi all,

A group of ex-Neocron players have been running LAN parties for a few years and now we are preparing the biggest event yet: JfL LAN V. The fifth event to be run by the JfL Gaming group, will be a three-day weekend of non-stop gaming tournaments, face-offs and just having fun. While it's predominantly PC-based, we are more than happy for console gamers to attend as there will be Wii and Xbox 360 tournaments on titles such as Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports and, of course, Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

We are also hoping to have live Podcast recordings of both the WiiDS and Total Gamer UK, with all the favourite games, both console and PC, making an appearance, with some new ones too! Most if not all of the THN staff will be making an appearance, so feel free to come and meet them!

However, none of this will happen unless we get the numbers, so if you're free for May 8th - 11th, 2009 and able to get to Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire (UK), head over to the JfL Forums or website to sign up or find out more. Tickets cost £35, but sign up now for a discounted price of £30. JfL Gaming is very approachable, so if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at info@jflgaming.org.

Forums: http://forums.jflgaming.org

/Delphi
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby StevenJ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 am

I'll come if I can, however my laptop can't play games (made after 2002 or so!), and I have a trade show sometime in May, which I'm desperately trying to get out of. They're so dashed boring, and I'm expected to be a half decent salesman instead of a mumbling dolt, which I rather like being.

However, I do want to go, purely to steal Bram's title if nothing else :twisted:
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Brammers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:55 am

StevenJ wrote:However, I do want to go, purely to steal Bram's title if nothing else :twisted:

Steal what title?

Edit: Ahh the Wisest Wizard title, well I'm one of the LAN admins this year so you may have an advantage there! However with the bar being 20 seconds away, I'm sure there will be some Wise Wizard challenges!
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby StevenJ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Brammers wrote:well I'm one of the LAN admins this year so you may have an advantage there! However with the bar being 20 seconds away, I'm sure there will be some Wise Wizard challenges!

I'm know there are words there, but all I can see are excuses 8)
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Brammers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:43 pm

So you are going to turn up and take me on then? :D 8)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Delphi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:04 pm

StevenJ wrote:I'll come if I can, however my laptop can't play games (made after 2002 or so!), and I have a trade show sometime in May, which I'm desperately trying to get out of. They're so dashed boring, and I'm expected to be a half decent salesman instead of a mumbling dolt, which I rather like being.

However, I do want to go, purely to steal Bram's title if nothing else :twisted:

Mwahaha :twisted: you better be there Steven :P Or, we'll come hunt you down, as part of the "I PK'ed stevenJ in RL and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt competition".....
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby Tratos » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Bar... 20 feet away.... booooooooooooze.
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café