Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

AoC

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

AoC

Postby Jest » Tue May 20, 2008 2:58 am

Lo peeps, since I was the only guidie that stayed interested in NC, and since the Pacific pops peaked at 2% during my game time, we decided to once again move on to other things. :(

We decided to start up with Age of Conan this week, and have a really good group to start us off at about 10 people. I figured I'd post here and invite any one who is thinking about playing but doesn't have a group to join with us. We are playing on the US RP-PvP server named Cimmeria.

Hit up http://forums.mirrorshades.org.uk/ if you have any interest.
Jest
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Logan Ford » Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 am

Shame Jest :( but NC is loosing people all over the place right now! Good Luck with Conan!
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Dragonette » Thu May 22, 2008 5:35 am

If KK can't be bothered to fix things and show an intrest ingame, it does have a knock on effect to the players. Whilst I wish anyone leaving or joining the very best, I must admit, it's a shame such a good game is being left out in the cold to die slowly. Heck, today's downtime due to servers side issues is a fair indication of how bothered they are. Most gaming sites would have had it fixed and/or at least notified the players in details as to the problem and given an eta by now. :banghead:

Sad to see you leave, but good luck with AoC.
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Kragar » Thu May 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Too bad people are leaving NC2 but I understand the reasons, it takes alot of patience and understanding ( and lots of addiciton ;) to stay with NC2. I was in AoC beta and am still in WAR beta but because of what I saw there I came to the conclusion that either have anything really groundbreaking and really something new I hadn't experienced in other games and pretty much got overdosed by fantasy genre playing wow for years. So instead of going to the next new game I returned to the one I knew I always liked the most. For sure if they don't soon fix the login I will have to start looking for other things to do.

Good luck with AoC =)

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Lifewaster » Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 am

Sad thing is they split the EU and US playerbase, so you cant play on the same servers....would need to buy a US account and a EU account, to be able to access both.

I'm playing it atm, on a EU pvp server.

The game seems good so far, but the PvE servers are very dull, I'd reccommend going for RP-PvP or PvP servers only.

Dont really know what end game will be like yet, or whether it has the long term appeal that NC gives.
Lifewaster
THN User

Postby Tratos » Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Lifewaster wrote:Sad thing is they split the EU and US playerbase, so you cant play on the same servers....would need to buy a US account and a EU account, to be able to access both.

I'm playing it atm, on a EU pvp server.

The game seems good so far, but the PvE servers are very dull, I'd reccommend going for RP-PvP or PvP servers only.

Dont really know what end game will be like yet, or whether it has the long term appeal that NC gives.

What server you playing on? Me and a couple friends are lurking around on Soulstorm at the moment, only just getting the time to get through the newbie section of the game!
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Postby sanityislost » Thu May 29, 2008 12:29 am

Just started playing this also, still not sure what my main class is gona be so been making random alts xD. currently kicking about on fury with a few people from work.

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby Lifewaster » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:58 pm

I played at soulstorm.

The game is interesting, reaching higher lvls doesnt take too long, pretty sililar lvling speed to Neocron (1-80 solo is prob about 8-10 weeks of casual play) however AoE grinding is currently uber fast (just like NC droning) and the "apprentice" system allows high lvls to powerlvl their newbie mates.
Long term it seems will be relatively easy for clans to lvl up new players, especially once the demand for the uber exp spots dies down. Currently there are few good AOE spots for high lvl, because this relies on the mobs not having stuns/etc.

PvP is similar to NC, lots of small scaled stuff, or group v group. The player sieges havent started yet (no clans have the required personal city lvls yet, which they need to achieve before they can partake in sieges)

Class balance is kinda borked.....

Priests are pretty much NC1 holy hybrids atm (heals/defense/nukes), melees are having problems landing attack on moving PvP targets (similar to NC2 melee tanks)

Nuker classes are very similar to NC2 apus..... weak defense....not enough DPS

Currently PvP is painless fun, (death penalty is light)
A new system is being introduced soon, adding some form of "soullight" but also rewards for PvP wins.
Lifewaster
THN User

Postby Faid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:26 pm

I havent tried this yet, it looks interesting though. I assume (from the name) that there is no guns in this game? I do like to shoot stuff :P

Since we all left NC a bunch of us are trying out Tabula Rosa, and the response is quite good so far :)
Faid
THN User

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café