Forums

Norton Antivirus...

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Norton Antivirus...

Postby Brammers » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:50 pm

Is so good, that it doesn't want you to uninstall it...

... Yes I hit the uninstall, it got to 100% unsintalation progress, and then decided to fail, so it's now re-installing itself. :banghead:
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Pantho » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:24 am

Wait for it to get to 100%... End process, then go into registery and finish the files that it would have done at 100% :)

Thankyou for you crap tech support from pantho...

Pointless yet effecient!

While we are on the subject i wanna hi-jack this thread..

Righty, Virtual Machines/Ms Virtual PC

I have one installed to run an application, but i want it to use my computers internet, which runs via a openvpn proxy.

Problem: Microsoft one doesnt, I need a method to make it, or a different software for virtual machines.

Plan B: A Program that forces all of a computers network traffic to bounce through a host machine first, that way i can just bounce it all from the pc :)

hmm, Brammers seeing as alot of the THN community have Tech intrests/Uni etc, how about a Tech sub forum? For Tech support?
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Brammers » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:14 am

Amazing after wating another 30 mins for Norton to reinstall itself, it told me to goto this page to use another program to uninstall it. Anyone who had this problem uninstalling Norton AV head here - http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ts ... 3108162039

VPN's - I think the nature of VPN's in a "road warrior" mode is to connect your PC to the VPN server. Virtual PC's usually connect to the network in bridge mode, to make it appear to be on the network as a seperate physical PC. If you want to make your virtual PC connect to another network, I think you need to set up routing to go via the tunnel. Although networking and VPN's are not my strong points, so I could be talking crap here.

As for a seperate tech forum, well the Sector 3 cafe is open to tech queries since it's for anything but Neocron, so I have no objections to people posting for help. Although I'm not sure there is enough traffic to warrent a seperate tech forum, however I'm willing to listen to peoples thoughts on this.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Pantho » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:13 am

Yea, i can make the Virtual PC go via the VPN, But its a login service, and its not a multiple user account. So its classing my one machine as multiple uses.

I want the Host and virtual machine to utilise the VPN. Under 1 data stream, 1 login...

Any1 following me on this :banghead:
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Pantho » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:25 am

Ownt by the double'ness

--

Anyways think i solved it. VMware software doesnt actaully use a real network device like Microsoft version does.

This is annoying because the MS one is the one i have, but i can change it i suppose.

The main thing is VMware is handy because it Simulates a network interface that i can NAT thro the host. woot! will try in morning.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 am

Why on earth are you using Norton?
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Matan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:55 am

Abeyance wrote:Why on earth are you using Norton?

QFT....why anyone uses Norton any more is beyond me. It used to be this Herculean hero of an anti-virus like some sort of Greek epic hero with a slight golden Aura rescuing you from all manner of 6 headed viruses and reinforced Trojan Horses. Now it's become a bit deranged...in it's old age and dementia it's started foaming at the mouth while attacking anything that even remotely resembles a computer programme (just for good measure :P)
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:03 am

I've used Norton happily for 4 years, and as you say it used to be decent.

I'm now on AVG. The only annoying thing about it, is it scans my disks every day, although it's not as noticeable, and does it quicker than Norton.

Oh you Exl guys will like the antivirus software thats used at work - It's called Panda. (It's tray icon is even a cute panda)
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby nEo-1664 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:25 am

I used to use Panda, so did/does Delphi lol. But I then found that it missed lots of stuff on scanning that worried me to be honest. Since then I've been using Avast 4.7 Pro or something like it, works fine for me, scans the whole disk when I tell it, active scanning, and it seems to update at least once a week, not just the Virus DB, but the program too!
The future is unknown until the present reveals it
Trillian wrote:Boys are stupid, and girls are too expensive! - I think Neo is sexy. That is all!
nEo-1664
THN Administrator

Postby Matan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:33 am

Brammers wrote:Oh you Exl guys will like the antivirus software thats used at work - It's called Panda. (It's tray icon is even a cute panda)

Panda!!!!!!!! Panda must be the shizzle. Nothing beats Panda :P
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café