Forums

Official banninanation

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Official banninanation

Postby Sasha Minsk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:58 am

by Chenoa
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140601

By Havoc One.

5 years and still devastatingly broken.

Doesn't one usually call uthenasia about this point?

Expected KK announcement.

"We've bricked the NC gerbil in a dank corner of the basement. There's a dripping water pipe, access to O2 and a 10kg bag of kibble. We'll see how long she runs..."

Muffled background noises follow, finally stiffled by a stocatto '!crack!' and a curiously squishy\splashy\thud sound....

The servers continue at their current FUBAR state for a while longer.

Although most would prefere a quick death over slow, DELIBERATE, caged starvation.... (D2 Necro reference intended.)

----
RAPIDLY followed by
----
This is the message:

You've been banned from the Neocron forum for 3 days for trolling.

N
------

Did I make the list??? PLEASE tell me I made the list of conciencious objectors to KK's sadistic tactics!
My concern can be measured in Micro Give a Shits...
Sasha Minsk
THN nib

Postby Delphi » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:05 am

Whats the point in this thread? The fact that you managed to post in a thread that celebrates quite an achievement for a game company - and then got banned. I have to say - who cares. If you dont like neocron go and play something you do like, trolling on official forums for no reason is stupid, and there are too many people like yourself doing it.

- This is my own opinion and not the opinion of the THN admin team.

/Delphi
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Trillian » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Delphi wrote:Whats the point in this thread? The fact that you managed to post in a thread that celebrates quite an achievement for a game company - and then got banned. I have to say - who cares. If you dont like neocron go and play something you do like, trolling on official forums for no reason is stupid, and there are too many people like yourself doing it.

- This is my own opinion and not the opinion of the THN admin team.

/Delphi

Delphi is going to be a rocket scientist , that means he's really smart. I agree with anything and everything he says! :love:
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby Pantho » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:58 pm

he said you should marry me.

But, i agree with the thread poster, not on his posting about i here, but about his first statement.

But of course, even if KK had full intentions of killing neocron soon, why wold they mention it, i kno i wouldnt if i was them.

I wouldnt mention it until the very month it happens, it only business after all
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Brammers » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:00 pm

What list?

Yes there was a time when KK maybe went a bit overboard on banning anyone from even mentioning the word "exploit" and they where a few THN users who had a 3 day break as a result.

Also I think you are also only telling half the story. I've got a copy of your first post in my email box (Which you posted here) but what did you post in the 2nd post?

I also have to agree with Delphi, there are just too many twats on the forums at times trolling and flaming crap to bring the game down.

Granted the game does have it's faults, but there are better ways to say the game is buggy.

Also this is my own opinion and not the opinion of the THN admin team.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Pantho » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:21 pm

Meh, i have my own quables with Nc and the kk team.

But i will never forget neocron, and hell, much as i hate some of the dev teams methods, Neocron has done fucking well to last 5 years.

Everyear people say its going to die, so what, this year they might be true, might be next year, might be the year after.

Will happen one day, but not once can anyone say KK didnt do good job at keeping it alive
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:56 pm

One of the major reasons the game is failing is because of the lack of new starters, the new starters that do get in game are subjected to people complaining about the game and quit. Maybe if you people who do complain about stuff that doesn't really matter did shut up, there would be enough people in game to stop the lack of people in game from being an issue...
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Delphi » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Abeyance wrote:One of the major reasons the game is failing is because of the lack of new starters, the new starters that do get in game are subjected to people complaining about the game and quit. Maybe if you people who do complain about stuff that doesn't really matter did shut up, there would be enough people in game to stop the lack of people in game from being an issue...

The community used to be what made Neocron what it was, without that excellent asset where yes people were against each other but iirc there was less smack when you got jumped etc. the game is in no way the same.

I just wanted to express my disgust at people thinking they were funny for being banned when saying neocron should be shut down in a forum thread that was supposed to be a happy time to celebrate the fact that NC was 5 years old. I personally have been in the community for that length of time, and have seen all sorts of things happen, or new games that are going to destroy neocron come along, but no of them managed to do it. It is important to celebrate the good things that come out of neocron, how many other MMOs do you know that have lasted 5 years?

/
Delphi

Postby Abeyance » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:45 pm

There are some, but a lot have fallen over in that time. Diablo II isn't exactly a MMORPG but as RPGs go it's probably the longest running successful RPG ever made...
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Trillian » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 pm

Remember back when SWG first came out and KK started selling NC > SW:G stuff? I still have my NC > SW:G thong. It's awesome.
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby Delphi » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:03 am

Trillian wrote:Remember back when SWG first came out and KK started selling NC > SW:G stuff? I still have my NC > SW:G thong. It's awesome.

We demand pics.... :P
Delphi

Postby Tratos » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Delphi wrote:
Trillian wrote:Remember back when SWG first came out and KK started selling NC > SW:G stuff? I still have my NC > SW:G thong. It's awesome.

We demand pics.... :P

Remember Trill, What Delphi says goes :P
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café