Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Web page scanning... kinda

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Web page scanning... kinda

Postby Pantho » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:26 am

Errr Ill try not to get confusing.

I need a program to scan a page for a icon. A picture*.

The webpage is already set to refresh every 60seconds. So i just need a program to BEEP If something on this webpage changes.

Or a program that can read the source code of a website every 60seconds (Or 300, anything under5mins would be ok). And beep if the image is on that page?

Understanding me yet?

soo a program to detect if a command appears in source code, or to beep if an image appears on a webpage :/.
*_*. Yea, or run a shell command to some music.. Or just do anything to get my attention heh.

Any help from ppl would be nice, :)
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby StevenJ » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:20 am

You do confuse me sometimes Samuel... "I need a webpage to make money...", "Techniques for oral self grati...", "I need a program to monitor a page for changes" all out of the blue. I just hope these are all unrelated and you're not setting up some twisted webcam site to pay for your student days :eek:

Ah, what the hell... here! http://exl.nskill.co.uk/panthoping.rar
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Brammers » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:59 am

Be warned, some webmaster and server operators could view scanning as a hacking attempt, which could lead to your IP being blocked.
Last edited by Brammers on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Pantho » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:39 pm

didnt know that brammers.

lol StevenJ, the Clicking thing was for a friends scheme.. kinda, he wanted it inside a DoD:S server's motd.

Meaning 3k unique clicks, to pay for his server. Not sure if he found one, The self oral thing was a joke. A foul one, but a joke non the less.

And this is just for making a complicated alarm clock. When somet happens on a webpage.

Its shiny stevenj, but wont work :/

Not even with any website.. hmm
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby StevenJ » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Works when I tested it :p I'll PM you details on how to use it later, but for now I have to go out. I think I should prob change it - right now it reads once per 2 minutes, but I should change that to a random period between 2 and 5 minutes. It does check for robots.txt to (rather cheekily) verify it's allowed to do this :D

Some sites do block programs scraping their content too, and the way that's threaded means any errors will just stop the program checking...
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Faid » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:31 pm

I hate you Pantho :love:
Faid
THN User

Postby Pantho » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:21 pm

i love you to baby :) .

As random as that was *_* :love:
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:34 pm

uhh....

wget url > cat | grep whatever
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby voodoo_magic » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm

no one find a way of doing this effectively and easilly please... i found the most complicated way of doing it so lets not show me up now :|

if anyone does find a way could you make it play a custom wav or mp3 file else i might go insane if this alarm is an annoying sound
voodoo_magic
THN nib

Postby Pantho » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm

lol Voodoo needs it for same reasons as me .
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café