Forums

SOOOO CONFUSEDDDDDDDDDDD!

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

SOOOO CONFUSEDDDDDDDDDDD!

Postby Pantho » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 am

I really really cant decide if i want to goto university this year. I could apply thro clearing, but i cant make my mind up...
Some1 needs to make it for me tbbh
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 am

I already told you, teach yourself all the shit you want to learn and get a job ya bum!
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:28 pm

The only person who can make your mind whether to goto Uni is you. Howe come you needing to apply thru clearing, did you not get the grades for your 1st and 2nd choices. (If uni applications still work that way.)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Delphi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Brammers wrote:The only person who can make your mind whether to goto Uni is you. Howe come you needing to apply thru clearing, did you not get the grades for your 1st and 2nd choices. (If uni applications still work that way.)

Hehehehe, brammers is old.... Pantho you need to decide what it is you want to do, going to uni is good fun, and good for the career, but a lot of people dont think uni is necessary - like bram says at the end of the day it is your decision, and so you should make it :P

and yes bram thats still the way it works...
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:54 pm

I'm a bit scared of the fact that is was 10 years ago (Give or take a few days) that I was making the final decission to go to Uni. I just got me results, and Plymouth Uni said to me "you are in". All that was left was for my grant to be confirmed.

Once that was confirmed, my notice was handed in probably in no less that 10 minutes later to my boss.

Now remember I was a mature student (Who didn't always act like one)Why did I choose to goto Uni, well I wanted to move back in the field of computing, and I knew I needed a degree to get anywhere. Also I think the more important fact was I wanted to give up a well paid job, my car and go and do a degree.

The 4 years I did at Uni was hard work, but they was just great that I wont forget.

So Pantho what would you like to do at Uni?
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Tratos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 pm

i ended up going on a whim, have enjoyed it and passed well in my first year, my only regret was not trying as many uni's as possible through clearing, as at first i didn't get the grades i needed for my first choice, basically because i was damn lazy.

Could have gotten into a slightly better uni that way but nevermind eh?

As everyone says, it's your own choice.
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Postby CMaster » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Clearing can be an interesting experience - offers opportunites that you wouldn't normally get or even hear of. So if you don't know 100% what you want to do, or not sure if you could get into where you want, could be a good way to go.

Should you go to uni? There's no simple answer to that. Its 3+ years on low income but relativley easy living. You do have to be prepared to work to get a degree at the end of it though, no matter how much you got away without it at school.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby pabz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:42 pm

CMaster wrote:Clearing can be an interesting experience - offers opportunites that you wouldn't normally get or even hear of. So if you don't know 100% what you want to do, or not sure if you could get into where you want, could be a good way to go.

Should you go to uni? There's no simple answer to that. Its 3+ years on low income but relativley easy living. You do have to be prepared to work to get a degree at the end of it though, no matter how much you got away without it at school.

Least the first years easy:P Jk
pabz
Banned user

Postby Pantho » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 pm

My grades are shit as hell. But not its because i only just decided to apply :) -

Late Application :) -, Was going to take a year out, But decided ive already wasted 3 years, So going on a whim :D.

Applied Computer (Mainly networking) BSC

Or Network Studies BSC
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Brammers » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:00 pm

Can you still take a year out, and research the course and uni's you want to do?

Will that not open more options to you?
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Pantho » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 am

i already know what course i want to do if i go, just not sure if i want to go ^^.... Deciding to let it pan out, and see if there are any open places with clearing
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Pantho » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Got a place-

Derby BSc (hons) Computer Networks

with all 4 levels of Cisco CCNA
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby StevenJ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Pantho wrote:Got a place-

Congrats! I'd definitely, definitely recommend doing it. There is the chance to get work without a degree, but you'll love your time there, and come out the other side with the confidence to take on any role, no matter how impossible it seems, knowing you'll be able to master it.
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby pabz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:09 pm

Pantho wrote:Got a place-

we should meet up as I do Law there :)
pabz
Banned user

Postby Pantho » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:49 pm

btw, I got into the exact course i wanted to do -

Networking full BSc Sandwich Course

with all 4 levels of Cisco CNNA :D... And its only 1 hours down the road for holidays. Halls of residence are cheap and 95% of students can stay for full term of study.

Basically my Dream course :)
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Next

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café