Forums

Moving House This Week

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Moving House This Week

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 am

So, the time has finally come where I get evicted and have to move house. Going to be moving starting Wednesday this week, and will probably be moving for a week or so. At the moment my ISP is saying it could take upto 7 days to reconnect my broadband due to me keeping the same phone number and the problems this causes from the dslam side of things. Really not looking forward to this though because initially I had made an agreement with my new landlord to pay the first month's rent on the Friday after I'd moved in (and subsequently got paid), and now he wants the rent now... which is going to leave me with £4 to each and get to work for the next two weeks heh...

Nevermind eh? At least by the middle of August I should be all cool + back online. Which is nice. Due to me being off work at the same time I probably won't be online at all, not that I've been in Neocron recently (logged in lastnight to find they still haven't cleaned up the mess in Tech Haven) so I'll see you when I get back :D
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:47 am

Awesome, good luck with the move, hope you'll enjoy your new home a lot! Good to hear that the housing troubles re solved now... :)

Don't see how keeping a phone number can cause such a delay, shouldn't matter much for dsl... Their just trying to hide that their lazy bums... honest!
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:15 am

They're not though. The landlord is being an asshole, he's going on holiday for 2 weeks on the 1st of August even though I'm not moving in until the 3rd, and he's demanding I pay for the first months rent when I move in (which is fine) but because he's going on holiday he wants it today (which I can't afford)
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:58 am

thats lame... so hes not letting you move till you pay up or something which will be after his holiday?
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:01 pm

Yeah, even though I'm practically homeless at the moment. Not to mention I've taken time off work and borrowed a van (for free!) so that I can move, since hire companies wanted £200 down deposit for damages to hire a van... which means if he won't let me have the house tonight I'm going to be absolutely fucked.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:05 pm

totally, can't see why he's being a total asshole about that... does he know how knee deep in shit you'd be if he doesn't let you in??? The English... *sigh*
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Nah, he acted like he cared at first but now I'm confident it wouldn't matter to him either way...
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café