Forums

Lack of activity?

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Lack of activity?

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:18 am

Where has everybody gone... a few weeks ago there were at least 10-20 replies a day. Now I'm not even getting mail spammed... Nobody is around anymore :(
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:09 am

looks like you need attention? .....
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:41 am

Just got back from holiday.. Shalt contribute my 1 post a day again... less even... :banghead:
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:51 am

Hey vamps how are you!

Did you have a good holiday?

Can't get on MSN from work anymore, they've blocked the ports and also blocked my IP address for home heh :(
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Pantho » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:15 am

msn2go.com

Who needs ports

That website is so small, but trust worthy

Its as basic as msn gets, yet nobody blocks it
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:38 am

whoa they blocked your home ip too?? yeah webmessenger stuff should work fine, but be careful not to get into trouble by using it...

Holiday was fine.. just shietloads of rain and stormy weather. :lol:
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:16 am

Knowing my luck I'd get caught out. For some reason they have no problems with forums but have issues with MSN and RDP...
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Faid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:29 pm

I'm still here :) I would have replied to wilhiems post about ressi but it seems cmaster has wisely locked that thread :P
Faid
THN User

Postby Brammers » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Abeyance wrote:Knowing my luck I'd get caught out. For some reason they have no problems with forums but have issues with MSN and RDP...

What is RDP?
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Pantho » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:31 pm

Definitions of rdp on the Web:

* Research Discussion Paper. One of a series which makes the results of current economic research within the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) available to the public. Papers present preliminary results of research to encourage discussion and comment. The contents represent views of the authors and not necessarily those of the RBA.
www.rba.gov.au/Glossary/text_only.asp

Or maybe not :lol: :lol: :lol: [/code]
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:23 am

RDP - Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol. Allows connections to a windows computer using the remote desktop protocol via port 3389. It's more stable than VNC although VNC is more widely supported.

I would have at least expected Mr Brammers to know what RDP was :P

So at the moment I'm limited to IRC via irssi on my mates linux box. Which is all cool, since SSH is more secure anyway... my activity isn't going to be appear in any web proxy logs as anything more than a persistent connection sending unicode :)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Trillian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:56 pm

Im w/o interenet at home for the moment.. so I couldnt play NC even if I wanted to :D
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby silent000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:23 pm

I am still around watching you sleep
rawr
silent000
THN Subscriber

Postby Abeyance » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:13 am

Woo I'm here \o

Just in the process of moving... go no internet at home
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café