Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Recipe: Tuna/Sweetcorn Pasta Bake

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Recipe: Tuna/Sweetcorn Pasta Bake

Postby Abeyance » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Another fantastic recipe!

Following on from the whole French Onion Soup thing here; http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2753 - I would like to share another fantastic recipe that costs pretty much nothing to make.

You will need:

Pasta
Tin Of Tuna (preferably chunks, with juices)
2 Onions
3 Cloves Of Garlic
A Pasta Sauce
Tin Of Chopped Tomatos
Tin Of Sweetcorn
Cheddar Cheese
Mozza Cheese

Instructions:

First, Boil some water over high heat, in a big enough pan to make your pasta. Put a pinch of salt in the water to help it come to boil faster.

Once boiling, put the pasta into the pan and turn the heat down to medium, leave this to cook until the pasta is soft, not chewy. Do not overcook the pasta.

While the pasta is cooking, get a frying pan, turn on the heat to medium high and put the juices from the tuna into the pan. Cut up the garlic and onion into small peices and fry them in the pan until golden brown.

In another pan, put the pasta sauce and chopped tomatos and heat up them up. Once the frying is done empty these ingrediants into the pan. Add the sweetcorn.

In a big oven dish put everything into it, mix it all up so all of the pasta is covered. Put a layer of both cheeses on top and bake it for 30 minutes uncovered.
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm

not a big fan of fishy food in general but this should taste nice with some added fresh ingredients.
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Yes but you know people's opinions on my special ingredients. In all honesty you can't actually taste the tuna, it's simply there to combine with the other flavours you've got on the go. The onions and garlic tastes immense fried in tuna oil too.
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby silent000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:04 am

i hate sweetcorn, but without it would be VERY fine indeed 8)
rawr
silent000
THN Subscriber

Postby Abeyance » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:36 am

Well the sweetcorn is optional, at the time I was playing about and had a tin of sweetcorn that I added as an afterthought. It can easily be overlooked with no change to the flavour
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café