Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Crystal Reports

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Crystal Reports

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 pm

If anybody ever asks you if you know how to use Crystal Reports - just say no.

If anybody ever asks you if you want to learn Crystal Reports - just say no.

If any company requires you to maintain reports created in Crystal Reports, politely turn them down and say you'd rather cut off your own foot and eat it.

I HATE CRYSTAL REPORTS

/me sits in corner and cries
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:54 pm

I can think of worse report generation packages than crystal reports... But yes, crystal reports is a swear word in IT
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 pm

so is SAP...... 8)
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby StevenJ » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Used Crystal Reports back in 2000, to make an invoicing system to sit on top of a HUGE access database that had to be multi-user (we're talking 110 tables, some with a silly number of columns)

It was awful. Truly dark times.

I have a friend who tells me that they're actually quite good, if you use the .Net plugins. I'm still too traumatised to look into it, I'm just not ready :(
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Matan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:53 pm

And I have no idea what you people are on about, nor do I want to! lol

I prefer to work with people, and I like to teach/help people, hence why I'm becoming a secondary school teacher. You may all call me mad, but I would say the same of you :P
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Pantho » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 pm

Secondary? Your mad...

If i taught it would be Primary or College... infact deffinetly college

Secondary school kids are arseholes. altho Primary kids might need potty, or pee there pants etc etc.... i know i just wont teach, yea that will work.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby StevenJ » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:03 pm

Matan wrote:And I have no idea what you people are on about, nor do I want to! lol

I prefer to work with people, and I like to teach/help people, hence why I'm becoming a secondary school teacher. You may all call me mad, but I would say the same of you :P

Oh wow. I was thinking of ways to fund my postgrad studies, and as I was capable of teaching maths, computer science and physics they wanted me to leap in...

Went for a chat to some careers guy at Lancaster and explained what was what...

"Hey that's great! We can start you off as an assistant in two weeks!"

I backed away slowly.... realised how scary my plan was, and never EVER went back.

But, if you want to go for it, it's something that's desperately needed, and if you can do it then you're a better man than me. Best of luck!
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Matan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:46 pm

Ha ha, bless ya for saying so. Yeah, tis definitely what I wanna do. I've even been down to my old secondary school and shadowed one of my old teachers for a few days, fucking loved it! Was weird being called 'Mr.Nicholson' though, and 'Sir' lol Got them to tell me how utterly shit the job could be and what the bad sides where, still didn't put me off! I just love seeing things as a challenge! :P

Besides, the pay for teachers isn't too shabby now, and they move it up each year too.
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 am

There's nothing wrong with being a Teacher, full props for it. Afterall somebody has to teach the next generation of chavs how to brush their teeth.
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:11 am

And not to wear their silly burberry caps in class..
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:20 am

But seriously, good luck with it tbh. Make a difference.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café