Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

There are some dumb people around

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:19 am

Edit your windows hosts file so that techhaven.de points to techhaven.org's IP address :P
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:14 pm

or i'll just live with my stupidity ... :lol:

thanks for the advice
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:22 pm

hehe, that wouldn't have worked anyway, since the server Techhaven.org is hosted on is using virtual domains, so it would have taken you to the default domain for the IP address of the server, which takes you to http://www.tertial.org/
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:31 pm

or maybe Brammers just buys the domain www.techhaven.de so when someone goes there he gets routed to here :D
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 pm

laff, but then visitors would expect it to be in german... tut
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:45 pm

good point ...

Brammers what do you think about offering additional languages for stuff like Item DB / Questguides and stuff? ... sounds like a lot of work :o
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Not to mention the fact you'd need somebody who could translate into different languages, I think the main question would be, while this would be a good feature, is there enough demand for it?
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Heh, I know techhaven.de I've been trying to get my hands on Techhaven.net for ages.

Here's the best way to make sure you always end up at techhaven.org - make it your home page! :D

As for multilanguage support - The forums can talk German if I install a language pack. Joomla, I think I would have to wait for version 1.5. Item DB, are the item names not the same in German? The Rares DB would be a pain as it doesn't have multilanguage support, but there isn't much to translate into German. (And also I can steal some code from one of my other projects that would help handle languages.)

So technically it could be done, but is there enough demand to warrant such a project? The tricky bit would be keeping guides in sync, (Like say an epic guide.)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Yeah it would mean a definite expansion of the development team as you'd need translators, and then once you'd get it translated into one language, somebody else would want it into another... would make the Tech Haven project expand exponentially and would definitely cause problems with keeping everything upto date. The vast majority of people speak English none the less...

Could always start a poll? See what level of demand there is?
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:01 pm

After typing all that - there is the Offical German Fansite - http://nc2.onlinewelten.com/ That has most of the guides we have on the THN. They used the SXR guides as a starting point, like we did.

They don't have an item DB as our data feeds are closed, but there is a THN item DB release due soon with XML feeds which would allow other fansites and applications to use the data.
Last edited by Brammers on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 pm

it is my homepage at home ... but not at the office ...

well yeah the items are all in english thats right ... but epic guides and stuff could be handy in german but i think you are right ... there is not much demand for it i think
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Is there any chance of anybody posting up the Regants PA quest guide?
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby John Keel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:15 pm

in spanish?
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby StevenJ » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Abeyance wrote:Is there any chance of anybody posting up the Regants PA quest guide?

I can try, but as Brammers can probably attest, I'm not the best person to explain.. I'd had one or two drinks at the time...

1) Speak to some guy south of the gaia mine entrance in F-13

2) Follow people around for a while, a bit like a lost dog, slowing progress and getting excited at some incidental music.

3) Die

4) Get ressed

5) Die instantly again (sorry Mr. PPU :()

6) Alt-F4 and fall over asleep

Ok, so erm... I know Cracker's into his guide writing, I'll ask him to put some step by step guide together. I may even censor it afterwards for you! (Never heard a guide say "Get the fuck back to TH and speak to XYZ" before I read Cracker's guide for the xbow :P)
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Brammers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:53 am

Heh, it makes the guides a bit more amusing!

I've split the guides out of this topic into seperate topics otherwise it gets a bit of a mess here.

http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2806 - NCPD quest
http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2807 - Regent PA Quest
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café