Forums

EVE Online!

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:57 pm

mmk will have to wait until i get paid none the less
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Pantho » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:23 pm

hmmm back to Windows XP lol - 2 hours of driving dloads. blah blah blah, and gotta crack WGA. :( , Upgrade to vista fucked me
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:26 pm

Those are the exact words I'm been hearing from everybody that has tried Vista
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby TeXL » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Aye i tried vista and forgot to dual boot XP aswell and it fuckd my hard drive up :(

+ Delphi i may give u a shout in game mate because the corp im in atm is kinda boring because they just setup their own alliance so not many OPs about.
TeXL
THN Visitor

Postby Matan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:10 pm

This game sounds great! Too bad I can't really afford to pay for both NC and EVE, not to mention I barely get enough time to play NC. Might try locking the fiance and kids in a room for a few weeks! lol

I am kidding ofc :P
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Abeyance » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:40 am

hehe, I'd have to make the choice between Neocron and Eve, again for time and financial reasons, I can't really let anything come in the way of making music... but I love Neocron so much <3

However I guess once the servers drop below 10% all of the time it would be time to move on...
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:18 am

Can somebody fill me in on everything I need to know about Eve?

In Neocron friendly terms hopefully, IE the EVE equivilents to:

Factions
Leveling stats (ie INT, DEX, STR, etc... subskills, what's useful, whats not)
Professions (researcher, driver, etc and the best ships for each)
Ways of leveling
Ways of getting money
PvP
PvE
Op wars
Anything else vital and/or useful that you think a new player should know...

So I can make an informed choice on whether to give up Neocron in favour of Eve :)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Pantho » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:50 pm

PvP Sounds good in eve, you can attack any1, but pay the price i think...

Gotta buy a new PSU. Wasnt Vista, was my PSU :(
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Pantho » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:35 am

Lowest graphics i can play for 1-2 hours till i crash <3 eve atm
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:47 am

hehe, yeah PSUs can cause a whole host of problems that you'd normally consider something else would cause. I had a linux system that continually crashed for seeminly no apparent reason... would just hang. I changed the ram, cpu, reseated all components, in the end I accidentally put my hand on the powersupply while looking at something and burnt my hand, so I replaced that too and the problem went away
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:43 am

Are there any people on here that have an active eve account with a spare slot on it I can borrow to see if I even like the game? - Preferably somebody who doesn't play very often ofc.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby TeXL » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:49 am

Abeyance wrote:Are there any people on here that have an active eve account with a spare slot on it I can borrow to see if I even like the game? - Preferably somebody who doesn't play very often ofc.

You can create a 14 day free trial without a creditcard im sure

Pantho wrote:PvP Sounds good in eve, you can attack any1, but pay the price i think...

Gotta buy a new PSU. Wasnt Vista, was my PSU :(

The price you pay for killing people in a low sector system is suffering Security Status loss which basically means you cannot enter empire space and are made to live in low secrutiy space or 0.0 space, which to some isn't so bad but if your going to be an outlaw then get an alt that can haul you stuff from empire.
TeXL
THN Visitor

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:57 am

The only option I can see is a 30 day free trial - which requires purchasing an online copy of the game for 19€ which I don't have at the moment.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:58 am

Goto http://www.eve-files.com/ and click on the 14day free trial banner.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:02 am

oh cool. Cheers brammers
Abeyance
THN Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café