Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Neocron Music Patch

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Neocron Music Patch

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi all, I was wondering about starting a project to replace all the in game music loops for Neocron, and I'm currently planning on talking it out with Reakktor to see if it could be released in a patch for all users, just to smarten the game up a bit and improve the 'content'.

My questions here are...

a) If Reakktor allow me to do work for them for a future public patch, what sort of music would you like to hear in this patch for places like Neofrag, MB, etc that all use the same music loop.

b) If Reakktor won't let me work on an official patch but don't mind me working on a third party release, would anybody on here actually download it.

I'm looking forward for all/any feedback anybody has got - just tell me what you think!
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 pm

woop woop, got a reply from Reakktor asking for samples of what I'm capable of. Will let you know whether this will be an official project or not once I find out :)
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Not that english trancey stuff ingame..... :oops:
Vampire222 a.k.a. Fook Yu
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:00 am

No I was thinking about some massive hard techno gabber for Neofrag...

Nothing like pumping music to get you in the mood to kill stuff, right before you synch.

Currently discussing doing 3 minute audio loops for inside Club Veronique so it's not as boring, but then theres the problem with the resources that would take up
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 am

woo \o

Reakktor have discussed and confirmed they want my help \o/
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Ressi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:47 am

woot congrats Abeyance
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:56 am

\o/

I'll be uploading files for beta testing... one of the main issues that I'm presented with is that the files are .wav (waveform) format which are generally rather large... around 10mb per minute of audio. Because of this on certain systems the audio might cause slowdowns in game. So since I have a reasonably specced system I'm going to check it out my end first, upload some files for you people to test so you can let me know if you've noticed any performance issues.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby CMaster » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:57 am

Just a point - even if you didn't get "permission" and stuff, you are still allowed to edit "bgmusic.ini" and have it point to different music files all you like.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Abeyance » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am

I've already got permission, and we're working around the file integrity checker to get it all to work. At the moment I'm experimenting with methods to get as much sound out of as little space/cpu overheads as possible while liasing with Reakktor on the matter.

Incidentally, these aren't the background music loops. These are the actual ingame loops that're used in certain places in the game (ie Neofrag/Military Base/et al)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby nabbl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 am

may we here a mp3 sample ? :P

upload plz !!!! ^^
nabbl
THN nib

Postby Abeyance » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 am

Soon :P
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café