Forums

Introduce yourself...

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Pantho » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm

Dang,

^^
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Abeyance » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:18 pm

^_^
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby hivemind » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Hiya. I'm Dave, I'm 34, live in Central NY, USA. Been married about 6 years, got a BS in Computer Information Systems and working on my MBA part time. Also spend going on seven years in the USMC from '91 to '98. I work at a small managed services company, and do just about everything you can imagine IT-related short of programming (much). For fun I work with an adoption agency for retired racing greyhounds (I'm the treasurer of the local greyhound charity, http://www.kindredspiritsgreyhoundadoption.com) and enjoy griefing people in online games. I'm the vice-chairman of the Mohawk Valley Gaming Club (http://www.mvgc.net), a not-for-profit corporation that provides gamers in the Central NY area with a place to play other than their kitchen table or parent's basement. That's the cocktail napkin bio. ;)

I started playing NC in October of 2001, forming Dirty Nickel Grinders on Uranus with about 15 other members of the MVGC, but had finally had enough by mid 2003. Bugs and low pops drove the entire clan from Uranus to Pluto to Saturn and finally away entirely, but really we each did our own thing after we left Uranus, and [d5g] never reformed in Neocron until last week. In the meantime we played some WoW, some Planetside, and a few other games for shorter periods of time - the only thing that really held us as long as NC was WoW, where we formed Lords of Terror right at retail on the Horde side on Gorefiend, which eventually turned into Shadowlords, one of the pre-eminent horde guilds on that server. Most of us sold WoW accounts covered in purples prior to BC for $300+, and then leveled up new toons for BC, which then got sold for $400+. We're all out now.

We had actually started back up playing a few weeks prior to the last patch, and have more people trickling in each week as their NC1 characters get restored. We've reformed in Proto Pharma on Terra, and are currently trying valiantly to overcome being abominably broke.

On Terra, I play:

Hivemind - rifle PE - capped
Ingmar Bonesteel - HC tank - 100 STR 97 CON
Bus Driver - pistol spy - 90-something INT and DEX
Ayoelle - PPU - 96 PSI

They're not even yet all in the clan, as we can't afford the 300k each to move factions, but we're working on it. PvE is a lot harder than it used to be - almost insurmountably so. As soon as we figure out how to actually efficiently kill *** mobs again for parts, we'll be rolling again.
hivemind
THN nib

Postby Highrisedrifter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi all

I used to play on Pluto back in Neocron's first iteration (same forum name on official forums) and gave up after Reakktor got bought out and Dome of York failed to be released again and again.

However, I still look back with fondness on the game and found my old NC disks the other day so I thought i'd see what still existed. As a Cyberpunk fan, this game is really the closest I have ever come to a CP genre MMO and I still miss it.

It's sad to read of all the hacking and that Reakktor have seemingly washed their hands of the game. Although I hear they are working on Black Prophecy and there is a teaser for NC3 available, I somehow can't bring myself to believe that a new version of Neocron will ever get released.

I beta tested Face of Mankind and played Fallen Earth for a while but they all lacked the certain something that Neocron had.

Although I can log into the official forums, I can't post as my account has been disabled, so I thought i'd come here instead.

EDIT: forgot to add that i'm downloading NC2 and will create a trial account just to see how the old game is. Hopefully I won't have to pay though.
Highrisedrifter
THN nib

Postby Ressi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 am

U should not have to pay for any acct atm, just cancel the acct before the trial time is up and write to account@neocron.com so they can open it for u again.
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Danae » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am

Hai!

I'm repenting for fear of Neo's wrath ^^

Forgive me?
Danae
Official Neocron Support Team

Postby nEo-1664 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 am

Danae wrote:Hai!

Forgive me?

And fear you should!
The future is unknown until the present reveals it
Trillian wrote:Boys are stupid, and girls are too expensive! - I think Neo is sexy. That is all!
nEo-1664
THN Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Brammers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 am

Danae wrote:Hai!

Forgive me?

So...what did you do! :p
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator