Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

1500 users!

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Matan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Maybe mention the Items DB too? When I first joined that is all I used this site for, then later the epics guides :)
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Opps mistake on my part, I posted the wrong template up.

Code: Select all
Subject: Welcome to {SITENAME} Forums and THN Rares Database
Charset: utf-8

{WELCOME_MSG}

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: {USERNAME}
Password: {PASSWORD}
----------------------------

Your account is currently inactive. You cannot use it until you visit the following link:

{U_ACTIVATE}

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you. However, should you forget your password you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as this account.

Your username and password also allows you access to the THN Rares Database which is located at http://rares.techhaven.org/ Before you can use the THN Rares database, please activate your account by clicking on the above link.

Thank you for registering.

{EMAIL_SIG}

The parameters are as follows.

{WELCOME_MSG} Says "Welcome to Tech Haven Network Forums"
{U_ACTIVATE} is the URL activation link
{EMAIL_SIG} says "Sent on behalf of the Tech Haven Network Admin"

As for supporting HTML, there is no garrantee the forums can support it properly. It may require considerable code changes to use. I'm trying to avoid code changes, since the current phpBB software will be replaced later this year.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby John Keel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Trillian wrote:There's a welcome email? I NEVER GOT A WELCOME EMAIL!!!!

*cries*

shame on you Brammers ... i did get one ... i think ...
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Pantho » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:30 pm

i ..... maybe.... possibly.. probly did
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:44 pm

I reckon you all used hax's! :D J/k

I dont think there was an activation/welcome email in the early days of the forum, when it was the Phoenix Ltd/TGR forums, and not the THN.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Brammers with all your insane intellect I'm sure you can work out some modifications based on what I posted up :P

Going home now, should be in game in an hour or so
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:16 pm

Abeyance wrote:Brammers with all your insane intellect I'm sure you can work out some modifications based on what I posted up :P

Going home now, should be in game in an hour or so

I'm sure, but what looks simple isn't. 1st problem, is getting the HTML version and plain text email in the same email. Then there is the issues with HTML emails, which (IMHO) are not popular and could be unsecure if you not careful. Also to code these changes will take a bit of time to code and test, which I prefer to put into the Rares DB at this time.

Lets Keep it simple, by doing the plain text version for now. When I get to the phpBB3 project, I'll look at HTML versions of the emails.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Matan wrote:Well I have to say that my idea is stolen from this site which I use also :P

Hope they don't mind too much with us stealing the idea, that tread is now open! The URL is fixed at http://www.techhaven.org/introduce-yourself (Honest that does work!)

StevenJ wrote:If someone is just one part short of a wep, perhaps invite them to make a post in a trade forum? That could get the ball rolling... I guess that forum could quickly become messy, mind - but could encourage a few more people to say hello.

The blue pages forum can be used for parts, we got 3 mods around here who can keep it tidy if needed. And yeah lets put that in the welcome email as well.

Right just need to get the welcome email right....next post coming up from me.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Ok I've taken Abeyance's template, and tweaked it a little bit.

Subject: Welcome to the Tech Haven Network!

Welcome to the Tech Haven Network!

You're almost there! Now in order to use your account you will first need to activate it.

To activate your account just click on this link: {U_ACTIVATE}

And as a reminder, here is your username and password.

Now that you're a member of the Tech Haven Network you'll not only have access to the THN forums (at http://forum.techhaven.org/), but also have the ability to set up a rares database (at http://rares.techhaven.org/) for your rare part collection.

Feel free to post a quick introduction about who you are in Tech Haven Secter 3 forum so we can look out for you in game also. (at http://www.techhaven.org/introduce-yourself)

On behalf of Tech Haven Network and all of our members, thank you for registering :)

/ TechHaven Admin

Anyone want to sugguest anything more to add (Or change).

Also who fancied writing something to plug the Item DB and also the trading forum.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Morpheous » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Brammers wrote:As for supporting HTML, there is no garrantee the forums can support it properly. It may require considerable code changes to use. I'm trying to avoid code changes, since the current phpBB software will be replaced later this year.

I do have a spare vBulletin license handy.... :P

It certainly should support sending HTML at any rate. Mail clients are quite another thing. Send multipart HTML/plaintext versions in the same mail for compatability.
Morpheous
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:53 am

Yeah you're going to want to avoid major code changes before a big update, since a) you'll lose all your changes, and b) theres no guarentee the changed code will even work in the new release
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm

And it looks like THN reached a new record number of users today too...

In total there are 52 users online :: 2 Registered, 2 Hidden and 48 Guests
Most users ever online was 125 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:10 am

How many of those do you reckon were webcrawlers
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Delphi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Subject: Welcome to the Tech Haven Network!

Welcome to the Tech Haven Network!

You're almost there! Now in order to use your account you will first need to activate it.

To activate your account just click on this link: {U_ACTIVATE}

And as a reminder, here is your username and password.

Now that you're a member of the Tech Haven Network you'll not only have access to the THN forums (at http://forum.techhaven.org/), but also have the ability to set up a rares database (at http://rares.techhaven.org/) for your rare part collection.

As a reminder the THN is the only official place to get the English item database, which includes every item within the neocron world (http://www.techhaven.org/db/) and also has the largest collection of mission walkthroughs around (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/epics/) - however we suggest you dont look at them until you are stuck!

Feel free to post a quick introduction about who you are in Tech Haven Secter 3 forum so we can look out for you in game also. (at http://www.techhaven.org/introduce-yourself)

On behalf of Tech Haven Network and all of our members, thank you for registering :)

/ TechHaven Admin

added ItemDB and also quest walkthroughs

/Delphi
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby Abeyance » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Ah cool you set up an autoforward for http://www.techhaven.org/introduce-yourself
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:29 pm

Abeyance wrote:And it looks like THN reached a new record number of users today too...

In total there are 52 users online :: 2 Registered, 2 Hidden and 48 Guests
Most users ever online was 125 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:10 am

How many of those do you reckon were webcrawlers

Quite lot of them! Just been looking at the stats on that one, and it looks like the traffic trebbled in the space of a few hours. Even R2K's site managed to put a 4% dent in that traffic!

...back to the topic...so whats missing from that email?
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café