Forums

comp broke down.. HARD

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

comp broke down.. HARD

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:49 pm

ffs. came home from work. put my comp on... i hear it booting but it dint do shit all.. monitor keeps black and the light flashing yellow as if it aint getting a signal @ all :/ mouse din't pop on nor did the keyboard anything.. since a year there is a asus mobo in my comp and it dun come with a load of lights to tell you whats wrong..

hung the hd of my comp on dads comp 2 comps next to eachother lol. its running but crap :/ but at least my hd aint fried then. lucky the comp downstairs had a via chipset to do i could backup my outlook and my docs now..

gonna take my comp to work tomorrow. to test my ram / vid

hope i just have to replace the mobo / proc then i have to go with agp / xp 64 proc..

if my vid fried to i gotta go with pcix / xp 64 and a new 400 euro vid a 7800 gt or something :/

hope my vid aint fucked up and can find a good amd xp 64 mobo with agp.. would really like to use the 6800 gt a few years longer :/
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:40 pm

on that note..

anybody want to buy a 6800 GT ? :/ got a fucking 470 euro card i can't use no more.

can't find a good amd 64 mobo with agp only a few with via or nforce 3 chipsets. found like 4 but all have problems. so i have to buy a pcie but then also a 400 euro pcie card :/ and dun have the cash for that shit.
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:15 pm

a self monologe here.. thn is meh blog \o/

got the most parts of the new system friday.. only my cooler is late due monday. got exactly the same cooler as i had in my old system. tt silentboost. only now the k8 version instead of the k7 one. only thing changed is the fitting for the mobo.

new parts are.

asus a8n nforce 4 chipset

amd 64 bit 3700+ san diego core. 1mb l2 cache. base 2.2 ghz but as with my old amd it gonna run oc for that bit more speed :)

a dual channel ddr 400 kit 1 gb.. zo in the first dual channel slots are 2x512 and in the second dual channel slots are 2x256 chips.. if all works as it should i will have 1.5 gb of ram all kingston ddr 400.

and last but not least. a XFX ( yes my 6800 gt was xfx and it did wonders so going for another ) 7800 GT xfx cloacks there cards just above nvid spec..

all in all €800 of new parts ofcourse im bankrupt for the comming 6 month's due to paying back large ammounts of cash to meh parrents. but as i work now it should be cleared in 6 months :p

hope i can beta test rf online.. and if not i might come back to nc in a while. but i dno it seems dead :/ and css should run alot better on my new system i hope :) alot more proc power and memory.. and also the vid should be a bit faster then my "old" one.
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:49 pm

the 3700+ past the 210 fsb fast.. ran on 220 fsb / 2.42 ghz for a evening. installed COD 2 that came on dvd with the vid to not really my type of game but its cool :) just playing it a bit. loading times are uber short. and all vid stuff is on MAX ! :D

just cloaked the proc to 230 fsb gives me 2.53 ghz.. and ran an hour of cod2 without probs :) a 330 mhz oc atm not to bad :)
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:07 pm

As this is my blog i can bump it.. ( and besides the rest of THN is only used for flaming threats so i can post some normall stuff to ^^ )

Just got my first blue screen :( it was t3h horror. comp was just on for about 2 min and was checking a forum when the blue screen hit and comp rebooted.. after a reboot everything seems fine tho. Server is still running ok haven't really looked on the server for a few weeks now. no need to take it over its just silent tucked away in a corner running and as long everybody is able to login its all ok :p

on a side side note.. getting new 17" rims for my car this sat! they gonna be expensive but gonna look sweet!
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby Neope » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:09 pm

[Edited: Off topic]
Neope
THN fan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:23 am

Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Neope » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:51 pm

sry m8,ive got 2 desktop comps,and 3 laptops,so i can't say technical difficulties has ever stopped me from playing^_^
Neope
THN fan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Neope wrote:sry m8,ive got 2 desktop comps,and 3 laptops,so i can't say technical difficulties has ever stopped me from playing^_^

Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Dun all spam my topic ;(

a well today i woke up with a BEEP sound.. a beep as in booting comp.. after 5 min again.. my server was rebooting itself :/

got back from work and found i couldn't login.. it just kept rebooting. gave up and had to put every single computer back ontop the normal workgroup situation and out of the domain. shut down the "server" and trew it away :x

fucked up thing about it my own comp never ran outside the domain i bought it when the domain was running. had to setup the whole damn windows and everything all over again.. while all other comps ran for ages before i created the domain so they had the users and settings and all in place already :(:(
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby CHAOS » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 am

windoze ftw :lol:

linux is teh best! 8)
Last edited by CHAOS on Tue May 23, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHAOS
THN Visitor

Postby booglebox » Tue May 23, 2006 8:48 pm

What OS are you using on the server? I've got quite some experience in fixing buggered Windows server OSs on legacy hardware so I might be able to help.
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby Phayse » Wed May 24, 2006 12:30 pm

The Bumping! OH DEAR GOD THE BUMPING!

*Runs for tratos*
Current Runners : Vexxor - Pistol Spy
Phayse
THN fan

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Wed May 24, 2006 4:32 pm

its boogle.. bumping is the middle name ;x

the server is running Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium English Edition.

but the server is coverd under a pile of dust in a corner and haven't been used since 1.5 month's ago. all the network is running in a workgroup again not in a domain ;( and no i aint gonna change it all back :p
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café