Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Quake 4..

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Delphi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 am

Tsk tsk. Illegal software is bad :P I have Q4 too, multiplayer is ok, not quite the same as Q3 :( But maybe it'll get better over time!
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:10 am

As of yesterday [TgR] is restarted again! restarted the clan with 2 other people who were looking for a clan. so we are recruiting!

if you have the full legal version and wanna join a clan have some skills and time to play.. don't wait a sec longer! :p
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby scanner dorkly » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:13 pm

I think I made the right decision in buying F.E.A.R. instead of Q4. The multiplayer is quite fun too, if somewhat brainless fun.

In case you didn't get that first time, dear reader, FEAR rocks. In some ways (atmosphere and the thrill of combat) it outdoes even the daddy - Half Life 2.
scanner dorkly
THN User

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:58 pm

fear aint my type of game. and i doubt the mp community will be any as big as q4. i might download it for sp but the schock horror thing aint my thing. i never got that far with doom 3 eighter but was because the storyline sucked ;x
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby scanner dorkly » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:33 pm

Thankfully the guys behind FEAR (Monolith) didn't think that making it impossible to see=scary. It is basically a straight 3d fps shooter, with bullet time and some melee capability (bicycle kicks, sliding kicks, beating the crap of the enemy with your rifle butt or just punch their lights out) with horror elements. Every now and then, when you least expect it, the game designers like to fuck with your head. And yeah there is a reason behind this game having an 18 cert here in the UK.

I prefered the style of play of HL2, since there were more puzzles and variety of play (so far no vehicles and I must be near the end), but as an adrenaline rush, this is pretty damn near perfect. I'll definitely check Q4 out as well, but I was never into deathmatch style multiplayer - more into teambased, CS style stuff, but that stuff gets boring soon too.

I don't see FEAR having a huge multiplayer and mod community, but the engine on this baby is top notch and very scalable - so we're not dealing with some dud.
scanner dorkly
THN User

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:35 pm

but but.. i can say i just played with Vo0 !
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby scanner dorkly » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:46 pm

A gaming celebrity? So is he like the SUPER NERD?!
scanner dorkly
THN User

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 pm

i dun mind switching places with him.. he made 118.000 dollars till now 150.000 more if he wins the final tourny this month.. he's the top earning dutch gamer atm and he's been on every radio station this week giving interviews because of a newsitem on a website about the cash he made.. and top of all he has more woman running after him then you can dream off and he goes all over the world on holidays and gets payed for it by sponsers.. has the best hardware right when it comes out due to being sponserd by intel and nvidia amongst others.

if thats uber nerd.. please god let me be one :p
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Previous

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café