Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Face of Mankind - Open beta

All offtopic discussion about anything you like including real world events, entertainment and other games.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby HusK » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:36 pm

just went in for a short time... couldn't figure out how to control my char right or what faction to use (far to much factions imho).

Grafix looks VERY good in some places, and very amateur in others, characters look bad but good enough, tree's look awfull... thats my first impression in 5 minutes :p
Tech Haven Network - Former Lead Moderator / Former co-administrator
HusK
THN Whore

Postby HusK » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:12 pm

Been there longer, time to uninstall. Sigh.

Seriously... level design is the worst I've ever seen, engine looks like an updated quake 2 engine which is highly dependend on its meshes to create roundish looks, its very dated when it comes to maximum polygons and all that... Either that or, there level desingers are even worse than I said.

Besides that... its queit, empty, alone, difficult to notice real players from npc's, no npc's to talk to, no directions to hunt zones, no weapons given at default, worst system at building them ever... need I go on? I'm sure if someone worked hard enough to get used to that all they might eventualy like it somehow, but this is far from any good for new players. Even worst than neocron (still) is for newbies.

End of review, end of experience. YIKES!!
HusK
THN Whore

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:48 pm

yea in nc2 i heard several times over chat..

"omg it feels soo nice to be in nc again way better gfx then in fomk"

i din't even bother downloading open beta.. seen everything i needed to know in beta 2 ;)

ow and yea there were like 300 questions on irc to how do i do this.. people getting dropped ingame and knowing fuck all what to do lol..
Last edited by [TgR]KILLER on Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby VampeD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:49 pm

^ agreed with husk. Back to WoW I go. hiho hiho ......
VampeD
THN fan

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:07 pm

as oath has as his sig on the offi forums

don't think fomk > nc2 will ever gonna happen imho.
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby garyu69 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:37 pm

I've given FOMK two attempts. Both times i've not had a clue where the hell to go. I did manage to find a vortex thing and though ah, new york city will be busy.

yes there were people there but they weren't really doing anything.

Then i got conned in some market thing, thought i had bought an assault rifle, cost 50,000 turned out to be only a component.

Looks like NC2 is definetly the sexier.
garyu69
THN Supahfan

Postby Brammers » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Hmm, here are my early thoughts and I've only been playing for 15 mins. Thats not enough time to make a full judegement of any MMORPG.

Graphics, they look poor in places, and I wasn't that impressed.

Communications - so far I've not found a server wide com channel like OOC/Trade etc. There is a faction channel - look in the mission box, where there is some activity. It's hard to talk to anyone in FOMK, unless I'm doing something wrong.

And the mission system, I've yet to try it.

I know a few loyal FOMK players from closed beta, so I'll ask them for a few pointers to the games key features.

However first impressions do count in any game. I was drawn to NC when Katherine Mayer played it in Beta 4. City Of Hero's is great and funny, and I would spend time playing that. But FOMK...sorry I'm not impressed.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby HusK » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:15 pm

imho a mmorpg is no good if the first impression is no good, every magazine, book, game whatever allways depend on their first impression after which you go see if its any good inside.

The first impression im fomk was that of a feeling what the hell to do, this makes it bad, add to that the grafix and the feeling of being alone even though you see players walking around makes a masive online game rather ... <enter here>

The things I did like was the fact email was readable outside game (trough game folder) the way the windows looked in the hud, to large, but still impressive in looks (layout was bad on the other hand) and most of all the spoken taunts it had, very simular to what the first unreal tournament invented as taunt menu. And also the spoken off but not experienced real time combat. (which is btw based more or less on predictions from the server side according to the portal itself so will be very sluggish and unrelyable... would result in many complain I'm sure)

But those are about the best things that could be adopted into neocron to make neocron more than what it is. (other than item idea's which are I'm sure as inventive as many other games, just not found many yet haha)

As the first impression was SO INCREDIBLY bad, I feel not to test any futher. This is also why fomk will never be any popular if it doesn't change a hell of a lot soon, far before first public release. If they release it as is, they will always have to comp with their bad reputation, even after a major overhaul.
HusK
THN Whore

Postby Morpheous » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:00 pm

Rx7 Pistol: 15k

ONE CLIP of ammo for above pistol: 20k

Economy = Screwed right now. Also godmode was on last time I logged in lol.
Morpheous
THN Addicted

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:09 pm

HusK wrote:was SO INCREDIBLY bad, I feel not to test any futher. This is also why fomk will never be any popular if it doesn't change a hell of a lot soon, far before first public release. If they release it as is, they will always have to comp with their bad reputation, even after a major overhaul.

with it being on slashdot and having like masses in beta atm crippeling the servers by the ammounts of players..

i would call this kinda public.. most people get the idea of a game in "free" beta not in the release version :)
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Previous

Return to Tech Haven Sector 3 - Flatline Café