Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

So Hacknet....

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

So Hacknet....

Postby Havoc One » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Went into hacknet for the first time last night and have to say it was kinda blah.... Downloaded a few TL90's. Shot up a few critters that are a pain in the arse to loot.

You can't reach that.
You can't reach that.
You can't reach that.

Poof, gone.....

blah!

I was going to LOM Sasha to full Hack and pick up some Ionic's. But I'm thinking now that I'll just stick to looting databases with 120/120 Hack/TC. Seems to work OK.

Figure I can make a few credits selling gloves and such. Anything's gotta be better than endless Cere's and MC5 runs.

Although I have made a buttload of cash lately...
Sasha, Milla and Eve Minsk: The tradeskill gang
Constance: Droner
Cooter Snacks: Future Pistol PE PvP
Havoc One: Baby HC tank
Cooter Burn: Baby APU
Havoc One
THN Subscriber

Postby KittyKitakie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

I have been enjoying myself in hacknet. I am currently working to get the code frags needed to make codebreaker 7, and the Rare code frags to make ion weapons. I beat the Phoenix CPU (127/127 Boss monster with the huge tentacles) 4 times to get the Ion Charger Cells to prepare. It gave me 7,265 nc per kill, and omg did I ever level Constitution so much ever in my time in NC
KittyKitakie
THN nib

Postby Logan Ford » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:25 pm

I gathered all my own parts for the Ion weapons from the Bridge, created cubes and built some fairly nice weapons for my collection All 5 slot of course :p, Fairly reasonable to do but some of the parts have a terrible drop rate.

All in all, i like hacknet, but again something that has never really been polished to completion. You could do so much with it!!

But with annoying Knock offs, requiring reset commands or Looting issues with mobs falling in places you can't reach, it soon begins to grate on you.

I got in, got what i wanted and got out :D

shame....
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Ressi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Afaik, most of the mobs in HN are not lootable other then the ones in TH Bridgelink.

There is an issue with the rare codefragments 4 and 5 in as such as they do not spawn and have to be spawned by a GM.
Sadly, some GMs tell u they will spawn but very infrequently, some will spawn them for u.
I talked to Hoder about this a few days ago and he told me he reset all the spawns for the 4s and 5s.

Fact is that they do not spawn by themselves, we have researched this endlessly for days............

Here is what we know so far:
Location of Rare Codefragments to download (Datacube TL-100 !):
Rare: _ _ _ Database: _ _ _ _ Location:
OFOCO1: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ NEW: Pepper Park 1 High Security login; Snack attack terminal (old: DOY Tsunami Sector 07)
OFOCO2: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ P 1 (above Medicare center) / VR 2 / CC 06 Crahn for rare code # 2
OFOCO3: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ Plaza 2 (inside Neocronicle) use the Terminal on 1st floor inside of hacknet
OFOCO4: _ _ Low-Sec _ _ _ _ Plaza 1 / VR2 (low-Sec)
OFOCO5: _ _ Mid-Sec _ _ _ _ _Plaza 2 (near Yo's pawnshop) / Viarosso 2 (Hew Tech)
Info from wiki.techhaven.org:
Rare code fragment #4 - P1 P2 PP1 PP2 VIA1 VIA 2 LOW Security login
Rare code fragment #5 - P1 P2 PP1 PP2 VIA1 VIA 2 MID Security login
Note: These containers will most likely be empty and you will need to ask, or hope, for a GM to spawn them.

VR1 High-Sec: No Rare Part !!
PP2 High-Sec: No rare part !!

To get the rare codefragments 1, 2 and 3 you have to do the Ferguson run first and those need TL 100 Datacubes to download

To loot and hack:
OFOCO6: TH bridgelink Corrupt Ping Packet 2.33
OFOCO7: TH bridgelink Corrupt Ping Packet 2.33
OFOCO8: TH bridgelink Corrupt Ping Packet 2.33
OFOCO9: TH bridgelink Corrupt Ping Packet 2.33

Please note in the low, medium and high security logins do NOT use weapons otherwise the download terminals will shut down (they are the ones on the top)

Recipe
Recycle rares in following order to get Blueprint

Ion Shotgun Pistol Blueprint
1x rare code fragment #0F0C01
1x rare code fragment #0F0C04
1x rare code fragment #0F0C07

Ion Shotgun Rifle Blueprint
1x rare code fragment #0F0C02
1x rare code fragment #0F0C05
1x rare code fragment #0F0C08

Ion Shotgun Cannon Blueprint
1x rare code fragment #0F0C03
1x rare code fragment #0F0C06
1x rare code fragment #0F0C09

We are updating this as we can regarding the download locations in the dome
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Havoc One » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:29 am

Well, I've had a bit more fun in HN. Even though I cannot build the top 2 weapons available.....

Built a 5 slot Ionic Cannon at least!

If I could get a hold of some 4's and 5's, could build several rifles and pistols. But my tickets aren't being answered and nothing has been spawned ANYWHERE since at least Thursday from what I can tell....

I actually had to BUY the loot from the Ferguson run just to finish it...

Too bad. I could spend some good time in HN if it worked...
Havoc One
THN Subscriber

Postby Logan Ford » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Havoc One wrote:Well, I've had a bit more fun in HN. Even though I cannot build the top 2 weapons available.....

Built a 5 slot Ionic Cannon at least!

If I could get a hold of some 4's and 5's, could build several rifles and pistols. But my tickets aren't being answered and nothing has been spawned ANYWHERE since at least Thursday from what I can tell....

I actually had to BUY the loot from the Ferguson run just to finish it...

Too bad. I could spend some good time in HN if it worked...

Your Lucky "Volvo" isn't still floating around in HN or your ass would have been handed to you 8)

Good to see you managed to get a 5 slot :D
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Havoc One » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Heh. Nope, haven't seen Volvo.

Have had 2 people shoot at me but I must have had a better setup as neither of them hurt me really, and both took off when I hit them with the Kuang.

I'm capped and basically full hack except 49 in WILL and RCL. No other skills AT ALL besides a little Agility. 50/50 base ENG\XRY resists. All STR in Transport save some Force for dropping off cliffs (MC5) without dying... With Imps I can still launch an RK1000 to help facilitate faster WoC, MC5 and Tunnel runs when I dual log...

I do still cary the HEW 1.3 attack software since I noticed better drops from the 96/96 ICMP's with it than with the Kuang. Might be my imagination though...

Need some more Rare 9's. =)

Later!
Havoc One
THN Subscriber

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2