Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Construction question

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Brammers » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:50 am

So which way is SW in Tech Haven then? :D (As in the sectors, not the apartments!)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Faid » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:09 pm

lol, I've even tried the thing where you build a bunch of drones first (because they can't build with slots) then build your item, so you have a better chance. Absolutely nothing makes any real difference.
Faid
THN User

Postby Havoc One » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Rollover slots from drones? Never heard of that one! heh..

Heard the directional thing. Heard the sitting as opposed to standing, and the opposite of course. I guess untill someone gets ambitious enough to decompile and examine the code in detail (like that's gonna happen--) we'll never know exactly how this enigma that is NC CST really works.

I wonder if jumping off a cliff and starting the CST process during freefall would have any effect...

hmmmm
Sasha, Milla and Eve Minsk: The tradeskill gang
Constance: Droner
Cooter Snacks: Future Pistol PE PvP
Havoc One: Baby HC tank
Cooter Burn: Baby APU
Havoc One
THN Subscriber

Postby Delphi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:21 pm

ive heard the only way to get guaranteed slots is to be within the TG
volcano at the construction shop.....

On topic i have heard that if you jump off the top of Plaza1 with 100 Health and start construction just as you start falling your always guaranteed 5 slots.
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby flib » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:37 am

I think the highest place to jump from is the big tower in one of the villages. Could probably get away with 3 or 4 tl3 Crahn Heals in the time it takes to jump from there.
flib
THN fan

Postby Logan Ford » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 am

If you have not touched the "Big Yellow Ball" then you do not have the gift bestowed upon you......That's why i'm such a dam fine CST :twisted:
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:42 am

Using a Arti 120/120 construction tool doesn't seem to help with slots either.

All I think it does is reduce the chance of a build failure - theory yet to be proved.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Logan Ford » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Brammers wrote:Using a Arti 120/120 construction tool doesn't seem to help with slots either.

All I think it does is reduce the chance of a build failure - theory yet to be proved.

True.......gutted....
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Delphi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Logan doesnt have an arti CST tool?

I have a CST and RES 120/120 :lol:
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby Ressi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:10 pm

As do I Delphi, but as all are saying there is no rule of thumb which would give us detailed instructions

What I do know is that my CST on Mars with 223 and the 120/120 tool gets many more slots then my capped CST on Terra with a regular tool. (Tested with a couple of 249 series)
Therefor I used the compensation period and got my Terra CST the same tool, pulled out a chip to get cst down to 223 and voila, she is getting slots easier and stats are still as great as ever.
Sometimes it seems I am the only CST on Mars that actually prays for less slots, since the population there has less money and usually asks for a low slotted weap. :P
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York

Postby flib » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Logan Ford wrote:If you have not touched the "Big Yellow Ball" then you do not have the gift bestowed upon you......That's why i'm such a dam fine CST :twisted:
Isn't it behind a glass window?
flib
THN fan

Postby Logan Ford » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Delphi wrote:Logan doesnt have an arti CST tool?

I have a CST and RES 120/120 :lol:

He does indeed! just gutted it makes no real difference :p
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 am

Hmm so Mars has better slot chances than Terra... Sort of makes sense since the population is smaller, and it's known that KK can tweak the slot chances. (Remember Neptune anyone?)

BTW, I remember now why I came up with the theory of a less build failures. In NC1, there was a reseacher account I had access to. His character, who was a Female PE had a fairly decent research skill. (About 120)

I remember getting a load of research failures, and I looked at the tool. It was a crappy Yo's tool with about 30% condition. Got hold of a better tool (About 75%) and got less research failures.

Now the challenge to anyone is to find somewhere selling crappy tools to prove this! 8)
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Faid » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:33 pm

I didn't notice any difference after I obtained my set of 120/120 tradeskill tools, although I didn't test it as extensively after I received the set. Yet another one of the NC mysteries :P
Faid
THN User

Postby Kalonji » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Well I guess everybody has his own little technik to get more slots ...

I have mine too, which is based on superstition : when I build a rare weap with slots, I keep it in my inv, so when I build other rares it keeps me lucky !

and it works ! I made a 4 slots holy frostration, a 4 slots termi, a 120/120/118/119 2 slots libby, a 3 slots blade of ceres, and more !!

the only problem is that now I have too much weaps in my inv and can't move :'-(

indeed, I have tested with high cst skill (without OP bonus), and with just enough skill to cap item stats, and I noticed no difference at all ... but when I went to an OP to make some antiabsorbers, antideflectors, and an antiprotector I had the rare parts, I had 307 cst, I made 1 4 slots antidef on the 5 I built, 1 5 slots antiabsorber on the 10 I built, and the antiprotector was a 3 slots ... So that was just kinda extra luck ? or the best way to slots weapons is to camp a factory ?!
Kalonji - PPU Monk - NSA leader
Kalona - WOC Rifle Spy - NSA
Patetik - Rifle&driver PE - NSA
Kalonjo - HC Tank - TT
Monsieur Smeeth - Tsu Cster Spy
Kalonja - Pistol Spy in progress
Kalonja Faya - Blessed Hyb Monk in progress
Kalonji
THN nib

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2