Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Just got NC2 retail box..

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Just got NC2 retail box..

Postby GCBacon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:46 pm

and I can hardly wait for the servers to come back online. I play AO atm but I'd prefer FPS style combat I think, plus the cities look better(more than just ground level). I'm not a big fan of fantasy MMOs. If NC2.2 is fun I'm going to try to get some mates from OA to sign up too.
GCBacon
THN nib

Postby StevenJ » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:11 am

Hello! If you're no fan of fantasy games, but like your FPS and MMO games, you'll find NC rewarding... if you can get past the incredibly steep learning curve. Obligatory plug for the wiki - along with the THN, you'll find pretty much all of the info you'll need.

In my experience, the first three or four weeks make or break your time in NC, so please shout if you've got questions - ingame, or here. We're a pretty weird bunch in all honesty, but we'll do our best to help :twisted:
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Delphi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:59 am

Totally agree with StevenJ there, if you can get passed the very steep learning curve that is being a new runner in Neocron then generally your hooked (I have been playing neocron on and off for 6 years ;) ).

I will also plug the excellent site that is the wiki, and any questions shout in the help channel ingame or here or on the official forums!

Welcome to Neocron runner.
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Matan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here. The steep learning curve is definitely a problem for some poeple and it may not be for you. Just so you know however; if you try to leave, we find you..... :twisted:
Matan
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby GCBacon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Thanks for the friendly greetings. I read a lot of the guides before I bought NC2 and I hope I know the basics. I'll definately ask a question if I can't figure it out myself, but I will still try to do my best on my own.
GCBacon
THN nib

Postby Trucker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:50 am

Run while you can!!!!

NC is the most addicting game, fucking ever!
When you have first tryed to pvp in NC, theres no way back....
Trucker
THN User

Postby Delphi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am

Trucker wrote:Run while you can!!!!

NC is the most addicting game, fucking ever!
When you have first tryed to pvp in NC, theres no way back....

Its not called neocrack for no reason you know..... :lol:
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Trucker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Dont let the name confuse you though.. NC is ALOT more addicting than crack..
Trucker
THN User

Postby Trillian » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:10 pm

They are right about how addicting it is. The only way I was able to break my addiction was having my internet shut off for almost a year. And even now I sometimes get the urge to go play.

They learning curve isn't horrible if you have people to help you with it. Find a good clan to take care of you and it wont be much of a problem.
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby Futile Resistance » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Always feel free to ask on HELP chat (F1-> Custom-> Help) if you need pokes (implants)/researching/constructing. Sometimes it's hard to find one on but just give it a shout every 5 min (so long as you don't spam). I'm usually always willing to log my poker on whenever someone asks on HELP.
Futile Resistance - PPU Poker
Free pokes to faction members. Just yell on faction chat and I'll be in Plaza, anytime anywhere!
Futile Resistance
THN nib

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2