Forums

CMaster

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

CMaster

Postby Faid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 am

Since I can't post on the official forums I'd like to ask what you were referring to when you said SXR "whining" about GM's in clan is interesting to you? And I'm pretty sure I've had at least some positive things to say about some events in the past, motu being one of them. Unless my official forum ban extends to these forums as well.
Faid
THN User

Re: CMaster

Postby Brammers » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 am

Faid wrote: Unless my official forum ban extends to these forums as well.

Why on earth do you think that is the case? And the answer is no, it doesn't. Even as a official fansite, we don't have access to KK's user records and KK certainly don't have access to our records either.

The only time you will get banned here, if you start breaking our rules. And I'm pleased to say that very rarely happens.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Faid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't break rules on any forums Bram, that doesn't mean someone with a big stick won't hit me :P I just want to know what cmaster was talking about.
Faid
THN User

Postby Logan Ford » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:25 pm

As this is obviously between you and Cmaster, might i suggest sending him a PM instead of an open thread approach?

Not to over step my mark here just a suggestion (!)
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Faid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm

I assumed he wanted a public display, as he made some comments publically. But if he doesnt want to respond that is fine, I thought he was a frequent viewer of these boards.
Faid
THN User

Postby CMaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:36 pm

If it's just an issue with me Faid, a PM would make more sense. However, it's in a thread now and so it can stay there.

I'm generally pleased to say that the THN forums seem to avoid the banhappiness of the offical forums under our great lord nidhogg.

So the events comment - perhaps on reflection that was a little unjustified and a snap at you. So for that I apologise, although you do often appear to have little respect for compromise with respect to timing of events and so on (and yes, there is a europe-centricness often that must get annoying).

And the GM-related comment. Well both you chosen and I think another SXR member, although I'd have to look it up have been making vauge comments about "GM is X clan" at various points. ITs only amusing because although I never could, (nor would try) to prove it, there is good reason to believe that at times, SXR has had a good few GMs in clan (in fact, didn't one long ex-gm discuss that on SXR forums?). Seems odd that its such a big deal really.

Oh, and also sorry for giving the impression (if I did) for taking shots at you when you couldn't reply. THat wasn't my intention and I'd rather that you (and most other people really) weren't banned from the NC forums.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Faid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 pm

First off, I've always hated the fact that GM's were allowed to play in clans as regular characters. It creates a bias whether they would like it or not. And yes we have had GM's in clan, in fact one recent GM that has quit has explained to us how things really work in the GMing world. That being said, the only problem I've ever had really with GM's in clans is when the head GM (the guy who checks all the other GMs logs and makes sure theyre not doing anything theyre not supposed to be doing) has free reign to do whatever he likes, including favoritism and stuff like that. Although I don't particularly remember making any GM comments recently. That is why I was wondering about the comment you made on the official forums.

Anyways, it's water under the bridge m8. :)
Faid
THN User

Postby CMaster » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:02 am

Honestly, you start saying that if you sign up to be a volunteer GM you can't play the game like everybody else, who then is going to volunteer to be a GM?

The only people I can think of are those who want power more than they love the game (oh joy) and loners who don't fit into or understand clan play. I don' think that's really a preferable situation.

Now, if you could have professional GMs...
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Faid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 pm

CMaster wrote:
Now, if you could have professional GMs...

Hehe, I don't think Snowcrash is a volunteer GM :P I think Hoder is a paid KK employee, but TFC isn't around anymore so I don't think there's too much to worry about :o Doesn't matter anyway, there's absolutely nothing anyone will ever do about it.
Faid
THN User

Postby Trillian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Faid wrote:First off, I've always hated the fact that GM's were allowed to play in clans as regular characters. It creates a bias whether they would like it or not.

Hello! I do not agree with this at all. Yes, some GM's show favoritism, but it is possible to be a GM without being favoring your own clan or your friends in game while also putting rivalrys aside.... I've done it and I know others that have too. As long as the GM can keep their job seperate from their play it is no problem at all.
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby Faid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:10 am

Trillian wrote: As long as the GM can keep their job seperate from their play it is no problem at all.

This is the key, Why wouldn't I give one of my good friends, whom I've know forever, the benefit of the doubt, over someone I've played against and even come to hate over the years... If say Vegah were a GM, I don't believe he would have a subjective view of things concerning me. And that is precisely my point.
Faid
THN User

Postby Selendor » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:09 pm

I see your point Faid, thats why the recruiters of GMs, be it Snowcrash or whoever, make the judgement of who to recruit. If they choose the right people then it should be okay.

In terms of a GM detaching himself from previous negative opinions of other players, the GMs should consider the difference in behaviour of players when talking to them in their own Vent / Clan compared to their relationship with the rest of the playerbase - often it seems like a completely different person! I guess we must trust that prejudices go out the door when you become a GM.
Selendor
THN nib

Postby Logan Ford » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:09 am

All this being said i still have more faith in the GM's now than i did back in the day when, shall we say, things were a little more questionable.....

Part of a GM role should be to ensure people don't know their a GM! Surely the mere fact we all know or have known a GM's in game char names means this has failed somewhere along the road.

Faid is right :eek: NO ONE can be completely impartial when a decision involves people you have grown to dislike over the years, that is why the selection process is critical to ensuring the person isn't at war with half the server :lol:

In fact i have been Dm'd on numerous occassions in the past to be asked "Are you a GM?" why? no idea..... 8)
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby CMaster » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:09 pm

You've just got to insist that any disciplinary action is based on evidence I guess - that way a GM can't punish somebody just because their friends don't like them, and shouldn't be able to overlook the bad behaviour of a friend...
CMaster
THN fan

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2