Forums

Hacknet

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Hacknet

Postby Kragar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:05 am

So Im trying out Hacknet and there are some questions.

I have managed to gather Mark7 codebreakers but have no idea on how and on what to use them on. I cannot find Mark6 codebreaker parts.

I can do the sector ( plaza, pp and so on ) High level areas but there seem to be nothing in the databases`( or what they are called ), not implemented yet or I do something wrong?

I know how to travel from place to place but the ** countermeasures are quite tough still for me. However where or is there anything worth getting or doing from Hacknet? if so where?

Im not part of Opfights currently so Im not hacking outposts.

Could someone give some advice.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Re: Hacknet

Postby Logan Ford » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Kragar wrote:So Im trying out Hacknet and there are some questions.

I have managed to gather Mark7 codebreakers but have no idea on how and on what to use them on.

These are used in conjunction with the TL100 Datacubes to Download items from the phoenix database found in the TH bridgelink.

Kragar wrote:I cannot find Mark6 codebreaker parts
the spine parts should drop from the mobs at the enemy firewall security or from a faction DNS.

Here is a general guide to whats in there - WIKI!

Kragar wrote:I know how to travel from place to place but the ** countermeasures are quite tough still for me. However where or is there anything worth getting or doing from Hacknet? if so where?

use this MAP to make your way around, know where your going and don't hang about. Always have the best shield you can use up and heal constantly running.

There are several things available in hacknet, from the Faction Databse items such as Tradeskill gloves etc. which differs from Faction to faction to the advanced software obtainable from the phoenix database.

The main pull to farm inside Hacknet is the ION weapon Parts that go together to create a Blueprint so a Constructor can create it. You have to a fairly high level to farm these and have undergone THIS Mission.
ion weapon details HERE

Have i mentioned using WIKI 8)

Good Luck!
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Delphi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Wow whats the wiki site you keep referencing Logan? :lol:
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Logan Ford » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:47 pm

aye it's that top secret resource site we been keeping under our hats :D
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Brammers » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Shhhhh!!!!!! :D
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Kragar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Thanks for the replys, tbh I usually forget the wiki page :oops: and only read the TH pages where I couldn't find too much Hacknet info.

The tradeskill gloves and other faction databases are sadly accessible by other easier means, ahem, and I have crafted most of the gloves ( which sell for peanuts compared to cost and time to make them )

One problem I have to consider when entering enemy faction territory is that will I ever do that epic of the faction since killing enemy countermeasures gives faction hits for every single critter which will mount up in the long run.

Ive crafted and use the best non Phoenix software currently and it works nicely.

Just have to come up with a tactic to kill the countermeasures so I can actually loot them as they want to "fly" off the ground paths.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Hacknet problems

Postby Velvet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 am

Im having the same problem. Ive done the Ferguson mission, and have tl100 data cubes, but the terminals in plaza 1, 2 and pepper park 1 will not interact with me. I click them, and nothing happens.

I am also unable to find any of the rare code fragments. Although I have lots of Ion Chargers, from killing the Phoenix CPU. With the right sofware, it has to be the easiest 127/127 mob ever.

Anyway, enough rambling, if anyone has any suggestions, please reply.
Velvet
THN nib

Clan: Fury
Faction: BioTech

Re: Hacknet problems

Postby Brammers » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:57 am

Velvet wrote:Im having the same problem. Ive done the Ferguson mission, and have tl100 data cubes, but the terminals in plaza 1, 2 and pepper park 1 will not interact with me. I click them, and nothing happens.

I think thats a little bug, where the terminal is aggro'ed on you. Just do a quick relog, and it should work.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Velvet » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, worked a treat.

Now if I could only get the other code parts. The low and medium logins were all empty. I submitted a ticket, and got a reply that was basically 'hard luck, the spawns are random, try again'. And that after trying for 2 days.

Code parts 6, 7, 8, and 9 drop at the th bridge, according to the wiki, but im yet to see any static mobs there. Any suggetsions?

V.
Velvet
THN nib

Postby CMaster » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:36 am

Velvet wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, worked a treat.

Now if I could only get the other code parts. The low and medium logins were all empty. I submitted a ticket, and got a reply that was basically 'hard luck, the spawns are random, try again'.

V.

That GM doesn't know what they are talking about. There is (was) a bug that the boxes don't fill. They placed some NPCs to hand out codefrags 4 and 5 - if the NPCs aren't there, then they probably need replacing.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Faid » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Wow, this is still broken lol. The only way to resolve this is to go on the official forums, drop hoder a pm, and ask him to spawn the items in the boxes. Tis what I did ages ago.
Faid
THN User

Postby Velvet » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am

Another ticket, another GM, another reply of tough shit.

I'lll try you suggestion Faid, and see if Hodder can help. thanks.
Velvet
THN nib

Postby Ressi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:56 pm

We have tested it on Mars and Terra and yes a GM has to spawn the codefragments still
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2