Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Launcher problem? (NC Servers Down)

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Dragonette » Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

hmmmm -.o wha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

o.- yeah... awake...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

o.o

*checks forums for update to Neocron*

*mutters loudly at the incompetence and goes back to sleep*

-.-

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

>:(
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby CMaster » Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Yellow Paint wrote:I wonder if they are on the open market, and could buy all their stock.

Then fire most of the staff, and hire some NC players, and some college grads to run the game.

anyone know if the company is for sale?

They aren't.
ReaKKtor Media GmbH are a wholly own subsidiary of 10Tacle Studios AG.
10Tacle on the other hand are a publically traded company on all the major german stock exchanges. They obviously aren't doing very well however - from a 1996 high of €14.90, their share price has fallen to €1.80 at the last close of trading.

If you wanted to make a cyberpunk FPSMMO you'd do better just starting a new one rather than having anything to do with NC.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Dragonette » Mon May 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Nidhogg wrote:As usual, Faid, you don't think things through. Steady-state running is much cheaper than downtime because downtime implies repair costs; hardware, software, labour etc.) If you think that a few days without you being able to play is a few "free" days of money for us then you're very wrong.

He just posted this on the main forums and all I could do is laugh at it.

It implies that it costs for downtime, but I am more inclined to think, the only costs they have is coffee because no one else has a clue at KK.

Sorry, but this is getting to a point of idiocy now and Nidhogg isn't really being told jack shite. Each and everyone of his posts, is ignoring the main question..... What is really happening?
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Mon May 26, 2008 5:13 pm

I love how Nid comes on there are calls me stupid as usual, thats really conduct becoming of a KK officail...

I expect no less at this point.
Faid
THN User

Postby Dragonette » Mon May 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Faid wrote:I love how Nid comes on there are calls me stupid as usual, thats really conduct becoming of a KK officail...

I expect no less at this point.

I think it's his way of dealing with the stress of no-comment by KK.

He knows you can take being insulted publically and won't do anything about it. Personally, I would PM him and give him a piece of your mind and put up a public note, to keep his personal feelings towards you, to PM's and keep the insults were they belong, up his ass!
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Mon May 26, 2008 5:45 pm

lol, I honestly don't want to start a pissing contest with Nidhogg, I already know how that story ends :P He's probably just as frustrated as the rest of us if not more so. Everyone looks to him for answers, and he has none, its natural for him to get a bit defensive and personally attack me, I just resent the hypocricy
Faid
THN User

Postby Dragonette » Mon May 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Faid wrote:lol, I honestly don't want to start a pissing contest with Nidhogg, I already know how that story ends :P He's probably just as frustrated as the rest of us if not more so. Everyone looks to him for answers, and he has none, its natural for him to get a bit defensive and personally attack me, I just resent the hypocricy

Agreed.

Still, he is in position of authority and being abusive reflects on KK as well as him, a fact he should remember if he wants to remain in PR in the future.
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Brammers » Mon May 26, 2008 9:45 pm

I got to admit I was very suprised by Nidhog's reply to you Faid.

Now the one thing about all this that's getting me, is the lack of communication. Ok the servers are not back today, I would have happily settled for a "Just to keep everyone uptodate, we are still working on it." sort of update.

What have we seen today? Nothing at all.

So tomorrow, as I've said on the front page of the THN, I'll be using my contacts I have to try and get some news out of KK.

Brammers - THN Lead admin
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Logan Ford » Mon May 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Very dissapointed in this taking so long, kinda worried we'll get an announcement no one wants to hear :(

Fingers crossed
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Phiberdelic » Mon May 26, 2008 10:13 pm

I hope you get somewhere with KK, Brammers.

I went ahead and sent a few emails to various departments at 10tacle seeing as they are the publishers for Neocron and essentially hold a vested interest in the actions of KK on its community. If theres no response by close of business +6 GMT time, I will start writing to Climax Group also, since 10tacle holds 29% stake in the company creating Silent Hill Origins. I know it probably will make no difference but the more investors/holding companies that are made aware of this problem, the bigger fire that can be lit under KK or even Board voted remanagement. Especially since 10tacle just recently hired a new CEO this same month.

Can some one interepret the following taken from Reakktor's site. Does it mean the 10tacle owns/runs the hardware for Neocron or is Reakktor the online competence center for 10tacle(scarey thought)?

In 2004, Reakktor Media was absorbed by the 10tacle Studios AG and now acts as their online competence center, fulfilling all related tasks within this innovative and globally operating corporation.
Phiberdelic
THN nib

Postby Brammers » Mon May 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Phiberdelic - Where did you find that quote?

Well from what I remember before the launch of NC2, KK was looking for a publisher. First it was I think Big Ben, then maybe Atari before KK went for 10t.

However the servers for NC are in Level 3 in Hamburg, where they have been since NC1.

Assuming the hardware for NC2 hasn't been updated (I remember MJS saying we got some nice new kit at the time!), they are still running on hgh-end P4 hardware.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Kragar » Mon May 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Phiberdelic wrote:
Can some one interepret the following taken from Reakktor's site. Does it mean the 10tacle owns/runs the hardware for Neocron or is Reakktor the online competence center for 10tacle(scarey thought)?

In 2004, Reakktor Media was absorbed by the 10tacle Studios AG and now acts as their online competence center, fulfilling all related tasks within this innovative and globally operating corporation.

10tacle is a public shareholding company which by the looks of it owns Reakktor Medias shares 100% ( or the majority ). In my view is that all online games published are done in Reakktors name and all knowledge of online games is in Reakktor. 10tacle is publishing other games. Who is in charge of the login and account servers I would guess its also Reakktor.

Interesting tho.

Neocron 2 Release date: September 2004, Publisher: 10TACLE STUDIOS AG
Neocron 2.1 Release date: December 2005, Publisher: Reakktor Media
No information about 2.2. Info from Reakktor website.

Also the 10tacle website have now been down for a few days, end of last week it wasn't.

There are a few things one can do that they cannot ignore. 1. call directly to their office and start asking 2. contact the german consumer protection agency/office/organisation and do a complaint, they will eventually start calling the Reakktor office asking for clarification. E-mails and forum complaints are so easy to just ignore.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Phiberdelic » Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Brammers wrote:Phiberdelic - Where did you find that quote?

http://www.reakktorweb.com/index.php?id=437

Its just so frustrating that this all had to happen, if their servers are at Level3 I wonder why such a delay seeing as Level3 commitment is as follows:

Level 3's Network Operations Center (NOC) provides 24 x 7 monitoring of the network platform, customer servers, and the Internet. This helps to identify potential issues and provide resolution before any problems occur.

BTW-yes I know i read into things too much, but it helps me do my RL job better forensically ;) plus I'm just gawd awful bored without NC, PS2 games just aren't cutting it.
Phiberdelic
THN nib

Postby Brammers » Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Kragar wrote:Also the 10tacle website have now been down for a few days, end of last week it wasn't.

Just tried http://10tacle.de/ and it's fine, but http://10tacle.com isn't reachable. Each server has different IP's.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby CMaster » Mon May 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Phiberdelic wrote:If theres no response by close of business +6 GMT time, I will start writing to Climax Group also, since 10tacle holds 29% stake in the company creating Silent Hill Origins.

No point in working to close of business your time - you should wait/move on business hours in germany, where the companies you are dealing with are based.

What the "competenece centre" thing means is that KK are asked to do any net-based tasks that the 10Tacle group requires. They've mentioned in the past being busy with net-based development tasks for other parts of the group.

It's worth clarifying that 10T aren't a publisher, as many of us initally thought. They are a large game development company, with several studios as part of them, some started by 10T (10T Belgium for example), others aquired and now wholly owned (Reakktor, Blimey!). When they wanted to publish NC2, they had to go to Atari.

Edit: Hadn't realised, but 10T have closed the studio developing Elveon (the game on which 10T's survival would appear to rest on) and contracted out the finishing stages. We'll see if they can get it out and recoup the costs or not, I guess. If 10T falls, do we think that KK with BP in development is a saleable asset, or will they just be wound up too?
CMaster
THN fan

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2