Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Launcher problem? (NC Servers Down)

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Phiberdelic » Sat May 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Remember back in the days when Martin J. Schwiezer actually came on the forums and truly tried to help out...was bored and going through some old PM's found several from him when my account got jacked and all my stuff was taken from my main apt/inv...also found this old postI made back in 2003, made me laugh, I just cant imagine now how i was hunting Y Commanders with such ease

Here is my setup
battlehelmet 2
battlevest 3
heavy energy belt
battletrouser 3
heavy battleboots

70 natural energy resists
0 XRR resists
100 natural Force resists

SF,SS,Balweapon3,MOVEON
Exp Heart 1
Rifleeye3
reflexbooster4

adv head
gamma chest
adv arm
gamma leg
adv foot

I have a total of 401 health with resistbooster 2 spell.

You have no use for Deflector or Shelter (well maybe shelter cuz i think it gives a little more ENR resists, but i dunno never tried, i dont want to have drug impairment while trying to run away from a Commander)

And I am not yet capped...2 INT left and 8 DEX left
Phiberdelic
THN nib

Postby c_gotheridge » Sat May 24, 2008 8:42 pm

thedyk wrote:they turned the servers off for BP testserver all services of reakktor are fully pingable all ip´s are traceable everything seems to be fine except that nc isnt running on em

owned by KK gg!

i wont give that company credits anymore they lied and they ve stolen my time and of course my money this is criminal they change their boss every month.... seen at the official homepage

I did the same kinda thing this morning turns out the server hosting the launcher webpage and the account managment also hosts reakktor.biz which is up and serving webpages nicley also as thedyk says all servers i could find ips for in the ini files are up and responding to pings which would seem to suggest their switched on and connected to the internet where you would expect them to be switched off due to hardwear failure.

It's all very strange, however im sure they have their reasons and explainations will come out in due course.
c_gotheridge
THN nib

Postby Pantho » Sat May 24, 2008 10:52 pm

they are rebuilding data after the hardware fix

apparently :s
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Yellow Paint » Sun May 25, 2008 1:51 am

this does not surprise me at all.

rember i did say they were going to shut down lol.

Suggestion : don't pay for more then a month at a time.

Im sure they would NOT refund you, if they shut down, for your extra play time.

KK they are well, how would I put this: Less honest then a lawyer or a car sales person.

Like the old saying goes Buyer beware!
Yellow Paint
Banned user

Postby Dragonette » Sun May 25, 2008 7:28 am

Pantho wrote:they are rebuilding data after the hardware fix

apparently :s

What data?

If it's personal account data, it's 100 odd active accounts which could have been done by second day, recompiling other accounts as they went. Surely they know who was active and who wasn't.

If it's game data, they can close off certain areas but open the rest.

I don't know enough, I admit it, but my gut instinct says there is something more to all this, than a data problem.
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby c_gotheridge » Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am

Yeah I believe its a holiday weekend in germany aswell (seem to think theirs is on the friday rather than the monday but correct me if im wrong) which could slow things down alot rebuilding data with staff going away for the extended weekend or whatever.
c_gotheridge
THN nib

Postby Ressi » Sun May 25, 2008 11:21 am

The Holiday was on Thursday tbh, so even a longer holiday weekend
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Faid » Sun May 25, 2008 2:47 pm

All I know is that this really sucks, I have people in clan who will probably not resub now. It's difficult to quit NC in the first place, but the initial break, the initial withdrawals, are a whole hell of a lot easier when the game itself is offline for an entire week with no justifiable reason.
Faid
THN User

Postby Dragonette » Sun May 25, 2008 5:43 pm

If I take out my real life LE'd, can someone shoot me and put me out of my Neocronless life ? :wrong: :( >:( :evil:
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby CMaster » Sun May 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Dragonette wrote:If I take out my real life LE'd, can someone shoot me and put me out of my Neocronless life ? :wrong: :( >:( :evil:

If you start trying to remove chips from your brain by hand then I'm sure the second step won't be necessary.
CMaster
THN fan

Conspiracy

Postby Phiberdelic » Sun May 25, 2008 6:38 pm

OK I'm getting so bored that now without NC, I'm having paranoid dillusional thoughts. Is this all a conspiracy?

Not sure how business works in Germany, but I assume principles still apply. Company "XYZ" has an idea/product to which they do NOT sell, but rather give to Investors and settle a deal in which XYZ gets the funding they need to launch/revamp/maintain. In turn the Investors lays out that after certain months for statistical data to be collected, each month they are entitled to a set dollar amount, lets say initially numbers raked in 10k per month and Investor set contract at 1k per month guaranteed payment. Contract such as these are usually laid out in a way that as long as there are X amount of subscriptions being re subbed that the Investors will still get their 1k even if XYZ is getting less than the initial 10k and is now less than 1k. With this contract XYZ has a break-away clause, that should subscriptions fall below a certain number for a given amount of time, that they can essentially break the contract and are under no legal ramifications from doing so. Then XYZ can end the service to the customers and focus on other projects. And I know some will say, well it's prolly written in such a way that Investors get a percentage of all sales and not a flat rate-perhaps; but if I were an Investor and thinking only short term then, yes, I would choose percentage based profits, but if I were a long-term entrepreneur I would go for the flat rate, as this would prove more money on a subscription based service and for this type of industry. 10% of X for 1year where X decreases by 5% per week OR 1k per month for 2 years. Percentage would show i made 18k the first year but only 1.3k the next totaling 19k for 2 years, or by flat rate I was ensured to get 24k. BTW my math could be all wrong but, concept still applies. So is it just a way for KK to gracefully back out of a contract? Is the government really out to get me like the voices in my head are telling me?

N E ways
Phiberdelic
THN nib

Re: Conspiracy

Postby Dragonette » Sun May 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah, great Phiberdelic... good to see your bordom in writing....

"Waiter.... CHEQUE please!" :lol:
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Sun May 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Holy wall of effin text lol :P
Faid
THN User

Re: Conspiracy

Postby Brammers » Sun May 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Phiberdelic wrote: Is the government really out to get me like the voices in my head are telling me?

The 8-ball says "Better not tell you now" :P
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Yellow Paint » Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 am

I wonder if they are on the open market, and could buy all their stock.

Then fire most of the staff, and hire some NC players, and some college grads to run the game.

anyone know if the company is for sale?
Yellow Paint
Banned user

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2