Forums

Launcher problem? (NC Servers Down)

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Yellow Paint » Wed May 28, 2008 1:49 am

I just say shut it down.

They can't run it.

They take things too personal.

They LIE!

I feel like this when I talk to them -----> :banghead:
Yellow Paint
Banned user

Postby Logan Ford » Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 pm

compensation by ingame items?

I am afraid like faid there isn't a hell of a lot i would ever need in the way of items or creds tbh.

I doubt the community would appreciate leaving the rewards to chance, such as spawns in boxes etc. As it would be unfair to reward only those online at the time of the event.

Give everyone an item of choice? Everyone selecting the most hard to obtain item in game - OMG what a way to ruin the economy of high end, hard to obtain items.
They won't be giving away Gold WOC PA's or Babe suits, they would be mad to, wouldn't they? Make the babesuit more common than a milky ren!! what would be the point then.

So that leaves you with what?
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Dragonette » Wed May 28, 2008 12:45 pm

At the moment, the biggest loss for me is xp, being what I still call, new to the game.

Of all things they could give out, xp is what I would most want.

Given the choice of the three things I mentioned, I would want xp personally.

I do understand how hard it will be for long term players though and hope they can find something, somewhere that will be pleasing for you all.
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Wed May 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Probably more like this: "Congratulations Runner! You get to choose one shiney new MC5 chip of your choice!" woohoo :wrong:
Faid
THN User

Postby Kragar » Wed May 28, 2008 2:08 pm

I would want my NC1 stuff back if I could choose. I really hope its something one cannot get normally. A LE chip that doesn't take an implant slot and could be activated on any level character would be nice too.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Logan Ford » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Faid wrote:Probably more like this: "Congratulations Runner! You get to choose one shiney new MC5 chip of your choice!" woohoo :wrong:

LOL :banghead: Let's wait and see.......... :crazy:
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Kragar » Wed May 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Dragonette » Wed May 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Firstly, the activity of GM posts now, does kind of indicate that no one worked on this over the weekend!

Secondly, I am worried about this "Sensible" data that is unaffected. Does that mean, we just have to worry about the "Crazy" data? *gulps* :eek: :w00t:
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Kragar » Wed May 28, 2008 5:37 pm

Dragonette wrote:Firstly, the activity of GM posts now, does kind of indicate that no one worked on this over the weekend!

Secondly, I am worried about this "Sensible" data that is unaffected. Does that mean, we just have to worry about the "Crazy" data? *gulps* :eek: :w00t:

When a hard drive breaks one usually lets a company specializing in data recovery do the job. Thats why there is a high success rate because there are professionals doing the recovery. If they have worked over the weekend is debatable which have nothing to do what KK have been doing. My guess is that KK haven't had much choice than just wait for news from the data recovery company.

Sensible data I would classify as character and account info. The character info is most likely on the same server as the game itself which have not been affected. The server containing the account data is that have been scrambled and now they say that the account data in itself have been recovered or is not destroyed. What is left to correct is the data/programming itself that handles logins as apparently it have not yet been recovered so we cannot log into the game even as the sensitive data itself is working.

This is pretty much guess working on what have happened and what is going on but I have been pretty right thus far.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Late Break

Postby venustrooper » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm

:twisted: Breaking news flash ..Server problem linked to project x
although the city of DOY was destroyed Yreplecants did not go down without obtaining their primary goal unfortunatly . Our sources tells us the reason for the long delay in restarting service to Neocron was due to a very large powersurge which originated someware near ceres labs it appears the yreplecants have captured KK and was tryinging reprogram his mind in the hopes of taking over neocron and enslaving the runnners to use as food sorce for the creatures at Regents Legacy .
Fortunatly he was saved buy Venustrooper who was out hunting and happen to notice the y reps forcing KK into Hover bomber for transport to their HQ
and they are belived to be someware in the wastland headed back to Tech Haven were KK will be Gen Repping Back to 10Tacle for observation
Details are still abit scetchy but we will keep you informed of any developements .

Reporting live from TechHaven News Desk at Tech haven sec 42
im Brad Magilliacutty TH News NC :twisted: :eek:
venustrooper
THN nib

Re: Late Break

Postby Phiberdelic » Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 pm

venustrooper wrote::twisted: Breaking news flash ..Server problem linked to project x
although the city of DOY was destroyed Yreplecants did not go down without obtaining their primary goal unfortunatly . Our sources tells us the reason for the long delay in restarting service to Neocron was due to a very large powersurge which originated someware near ceres labs it appears the yreplecants have captured KK and was tryinging reprogram his mind in the hopes of taking over neocron and enslaving the runnners to use as food sorce for the creatures at Regents Legacy .
Fortunatly he was saved buy Venustrooper who was out hunting and happen to notice the y reps forcing KK into Hover bomber for transport to their HQ
and they are belived to be someware in the wastland headed back to Tech Haven were KK will be Gen Repping Back to 10Tacle for observation
Details are still abit scetchy but we will keep you informed of any developements .

Reporting live from TechHaven News Desk at Tech haven sec 42
im Brad Magilliacutty TH News NC :twisted: :eek:

HAHAHAHAHA
Even out of game Venus, you cracks me the f'up :lol:
Phiberdelic
THN nib

Postby venustrooper » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 am

:banghead: :banghead: :w00t: :lol: well just trying to fight the neocrave addiction..lol :twisted: after reading though the post seemed someone had to stand up for the gm's and be the one to tell the true story
but I had to wait until KK was safe didnt want ppl running around the wastelands trying to save him and expecting a free creed or mc5 chip for his safe returnso this situation was reorted to fort tezla where i was stationed lol :lol: :lol:
venustrooper
THN nib

Postby Brammers » Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok if you don't know already, the servers are back!
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Dragonette » Fri May 30, 2008 12:33 am

I logged in, did 20 researches and logged out, since I am doing a beta testing of Rohan after all that.

I am bad :'-(
D.
Dragonette
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Fri May 30, 2008 5:04 am

I logged in, fought some banned terraist guy usin hacks in p2, then logged out cause its neocron.
Faid
THN User

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2