Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Loot tables

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Loot tables

Postby Kragar » Wed May 21, 2008 8:40 am

I was just wondering about the loot tables and how level affects them.

Example. If I hunt warbots with a character rank */60 and have a friend hacker */20 who hacks and loots the bots whose lootable or rank is used to generate the loot of the bot?

Is there a difference if we are in a team and is there difference when we are out of "team area" or do the total of the group ranks effect the loot table.

Im just wondering since sometimes the loot doesnt make any sense and I havnt yet figured out when the best loot is received and why sometimes there seem to be no loot.

- K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Pantho » Wed May 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Whoever does the most damage is what the loot is based on.

It doesnt matter who hacks, or who you are teamed with.

Anyone remember getting the special books for the Terminator, supposed to be super rare in NC1, they had to cancel it because if a CM guard killed a Warbot it would always drop one ;)
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Kragar » Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 am

If you go to the sewars and kill off some spiders with your capped character you will notice that the loot is only 1 recyclable item when you go with a newly created caracter there is alot more "loot" on the corpses.

So therefore there is some kind of loot table effect depending on character level and I wonder where it is and how its implemented. Also you see that when you kill a mob that is much higher than you you get lots of cash compared to when you kill a mob lots below your skill you dont get anything.

I guess I have to make some tests of this when eventually they fix the login server.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby CMaster » Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 am

It's combat rank based.

IE the first number, not the last.

And it's to do with who does the damage, in some proportional sense - if you let a CM guard do most of the work on a warbie, you get very little. Using a lower ranked hacker makes no difference. And again, it is COMBAT RANK, not overall rank used in the calculations. Generally speaking, when you go over the mob's combat rank with your rank, loot (and cash reward) starts to decrease. Past a certain point (20 or so), you get reduced to one piece of loot worth 0NC at Yo's and of no recycling value (save recipies). There is some evidence that having a very low combat rank compared to the mob increases your odds of getting very valuable loot, but doesn't change the amount.
CMaster
THN fan

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2