Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Copbots

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Copbots

Postby Kragar » Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Ive tried to find out the current rules for Copbot behavior ( and havnt found any )

This is what happens in Neocron Via Rosso.

My faction is FA ( also happened to my Biotech character ), I enter zone with weapon drawn and Copbots starts shooting me and continue to shoot until I zone. No warning to drop weapon or anything. Same zone I stand in front of several copbots and in comes a Tangent player, draws weapon and start shooting. Copbots dont react to it unless I draw a weapon and then by the look of it fires only at me.

Soullight on both characters around 30ish.

Like what is going on? =)

Seems Neocron city area is much more dangerous nowadays than ever before.

- K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Brammers » Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 am

Copbots will fire on runner with drawn weapons, although they take a short while to react. It's been that way since the last few patches.

Also Stealth Tools count as a weapon. Same thing happens in TH by the GR's.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Pantho » Tue May 20, 2008 11:09 am

The reason the weapon didnt draw on the tangent runner is because runners have developed the skill to reset the timer.

By either drawing the weapon in and out every few seconds.
Putting it away at set intervals.
Or running behind a wall every x seconds to block line of view.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Kragar » Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Brammers wrote:Copbots will fire on runner with drawn weapons, although they take a short while to react. It's been that way since the last few patches.

Was the "slowness" of Copbots intentional or a bug? Currently most of the Neocron city zones are warzones P2 the most so and its abit annoying when one cannot even shop without being ganked.

Characters from N1 usually dont have LE chip anymore and they don't have cash/faction to recover losses of gear. ( would gladly put LE chip on for my PVE farming characters )

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Logan Ford » Wed May 21, 2008 7:49 am

What are you trying to "Shop" for in P2 that you can;t buy elsewhere? There's a Yo's, melee etc. in P1 safezone itself. Tbh i avooid P2 as i can;t be arsed with it, go via P3 to PP :D
Logan Ford
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Kragar » Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 am

Logan Ford wrote:What are you trying to "Shop" for in P2 that you can;t buy elsewhere? There's a Yo's, melee etc. in P1 safezone itself. Tbh i avooid P2 as i can;t be arsed with it, go via P3 to PP :D

I don't do much in P2 ( except biotech first epic quest) but there are players that probably have their apartments there. However I visit Viarosso from time to time and I also get ganked there.

- K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2