Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Outdamaging others

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Outdamaging others

Postby Kragar » Sun May 18, 2008 8:53 am

Reading a few older posts I came across that some people complain about Droners exploiting but in the same message chain suggest outdamaging a droner. Atleast in the old days ( NC1 EQ1 ) it was called killstealing and if I dont remember correctly was a bannable offence.

NC always had abit different rules and "unwritten rules" so what does a droner do when he is exploiting and is outdamaging other players ( kill stealing ) allowed?

Just wondering

- K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Pantho » Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am

For the record, Kill stealing does not mean doing more damage.

Its for example:

Counter-Strike - You shoot someone to 1hp, then someone comes along and shoots him in a foot - Doing 1 dmg, this is kill stealing.

Taking a kill for all your work.

In Neocron, there are NO rules in pvp, Lets face it. Kill or be killed
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Re: Outdamaging others

Postby Brammers » Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 am

Kragar wrote:Reading a few older posts I came across that some people complain about Droners exploiting but in the same message chain suggest outdamaging a droner. Atleast in the old days ( NC1 EQ1 ) it was called killstealing and if I dont remember correctly was a bannable offence.

NC always had abit different rules and "unwritten rules" so what does a droner do when he is exploiting and is outdamaging other players ( kill stealing ) allowed?

Just wondering

- K

Outdamaging other players, not a lot you can do about that, except do more damage than the droner or use more guns! ;)

As for exploits - send as much information with screenshots to exploits@neocron.com no-one here (Well except KK) can doing anything about it, except forward the information to the right place ie exploits@neocron.com)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Kragar » Mon May 19, 2008 4:12 pm

What Im referring to is this post http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=3002

The last post says
Nah, still possible to outdamage the droners. Take an AoE cannon (Doomie or Mal) AND a direct fire weapon. Load yourself up with energy and xray armour, and have your PPU with you. Go for direct damage when the droner has most of the aggro, get the base commie down, AoE if on own/tank has most of the aggro. Recast absorber often (shields wear down). If you really want to rush through it, have a second damage dealer come along too and just bash the hell out of the commie.

This to me sounds like its suggested to Kill steal from droners why would you othervice try to outdamage them when they have the aggro?

Yes I know what PVE killstealing is and in my view this post and the whole conclusion of the thread is that one should let a droner take the aggro and then outdamage ( ie. Kill steal ) mobs from him. As far as I remember the person that have done the most damage to a mob have the first loot rights.

Thats why I asked if its generally allowed to Kill Steal since it used to be something one could get into trouble of as its considered harrasment.

Just wondering since Ive started playing online games ( in the 1990s ) the person that first hits/engages the mob and start tanking it have the "right" to the mob and anyone else engaging it without permission is trying to Kill steal it.

- K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Pantho » Mon May 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Because droners are ALWAYS there. Its not kill stealing.

Its making the cheating bastards leave.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Kragar » Mon May 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Pantho wrote:Because droners are ALWAYS there. Its not kill stealing.

Its making the cheating bastards leave.

So Kill Stealing is allowed off droners because they are at some place always and they somehow cheat, so in effect its revenge on them and breaking rules are ok vs. droners because they are cheating bastards.

-K
Kragar
THN Subscriber

Postby Brammers » Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 am

It seems a few people are keen to label Droners as cheats without any clear evidence of "cheating". If you got evicence of "cheating" (Or for Pantho's and everyone else's benefit who always seems to have a bit of trouble understanding the words Cheat and Exploits.), exploits@neocron.com is your friend...not this forum. Neocron doesn't welcome exploiters, and the THN doesn't either.

Now can we get back on topic please, kill stealing and outdamaging are interesting subjects.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Pantho » Tue May 20, 2008 11:13 am

I didnt mean all droners exploit brammers.

I mean in my opinion MC5 with a droner is exploiting (Cheating is exploiting brammers, if you want a definition argument be my guest) (Unless you kami, or PM + dodge fire, which is not effective at all)

the majority of people who go mc5 use a droner, when the server is even reasonably full 15%+, MC5 will have a droner in this.

But, the argument above is just giving a way that a ppu+tank team can outdamage a droner. Its not meant for kill stealing efforts or anything.

Even if it was meant for kill stealing. If you dont drive out the droner inside MC5, you will never get a go.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2