Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

PPU Looking for Mc5 partner(s)

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

PPU Looking for Mc5 partner(s)

Postby Jest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:47 pm

Any Pacific Time Zoners interesting in grouping for some night Mc5? I haven't been in a while and need some one to show me the ropes. I'm actually mainly interested in the Rigger and Hawking chips, so would let you have first pick from any besides those two. :P (Unless you wanted either of those as well, in which case we can split them).

Also, I wouldn't mind just tagging along for learning purposes if there are established Mc5 groups but don't necessarily need another person. I would gladly accept payment of experience in place of parts. :P

In either case, what can I expect from Mc5 these days? And what PPU modules are a necessity?
Jest
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Pantho » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:54 pm

RK1000's :)
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Delphi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:53 am

Pantho wrote:RK1000's :)

Pantho dont troll.

Jest asked for what PPU modules were required to do MC5, not how it is currently being exploited by droners.

/Delphi
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Re: PPU Looking for Mc5 partner(s)

Postby MC5 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am

Jest wrote:And what PPU modules are a necessity?

Well, afaik id say take your primes, grab sum shields and a heal and get partying. I cant think of any other necessary spells u could need. Holy Damageboost go's without saying :w00t:
Propane 80/65*** WoC pistol pe (faction hopper :p)
Flammable 66/61*** WoC ppu (Crahn)
Disavowed 83/59 HC tank (PP atm)
Creme Egg 0/60 CST/REP spy (N.E.X.T) Member of N.U.T.A :angel:
Phosphorous 42/36* HC pe (PP atm)
MC5
THN nib

Postby Pantho » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Delphi wrote:
Pantho wrote:RK1000's :)

Pantho dont troll.

Jest asked for what PPU modules were required to do MC5, not how it is currently being exploited by droners.

/Delphi

Id happily show you the screenshots of hoder spawning a chair and watchign a droner drone mc5 for 1-2hours then saying.. ok its not an exploit. Your drone gets hit moving into and out of the spot, and its possible to die.

And sorry, i was just saying in a simple manner that :

Not many people do MC5 the old way anymore, its more productive to do it with a droner, non exploiting tyvm.
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Jest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, I guess I could drone it, too. :P Leveling my droner atm. Where do you keep the meatsack so that he doesnt get hit?
Jest
THN Wiki Administrator

Postby Lifewaster » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Jest wrote:Well, I guess I could drone it, too. :P Leveling my droner atm. Where do you keep the meatsack so that he doesnt get hit?

I visited it recently, seems like they go behind the back-right side pillar..which is almost 100% safe due to mob placements provided you use stealth to get there.

Or, you can just visit it anytime on a stealther, and your almost 100% guaranteed to find a droner doing it.....so pretty easy to "watch and learn"
Lifewaster
THN User

Postby pabz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 am

a soulcluster
pabz
Banned user

Postby Darkana » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:06 pm

A quick wit is needed in MC5 as a PPU, and hopefully a stable client, because certain stunts will fail miserably if your client decides to go poof in exactly the critical moment where it shouldn't fail.

Now, I dunno how MC5 is nowadays, but I did a lot of MC5 before 2.2 the "old way", and it was fun. With the right weapons you ODed every droner in there, but that might not possible anymore (no idea). Aside of the usual PPU spells a SC is a good idea in general for PvE, because it can pull aggro away from you, which is important during rezz. Getting the SC out is another problem, so you might be better off with other ways to get rid of aggro, like zoning out and in again.

And about droners in MC5: It's really borderline what happens there. I doubt it has changed much if at all to how droners used to handle the things in there back in time (and they did that in NC1 already). Drones getting hammered yet taking no damage, droners standing in the open without taking a scratch, and so on. Some of them really knew how to play that game. With the T-C "requirement" for drones stealth comes almost by default now; and stealthing droners wasn't really what this game needed more of :p
Hmmmm! Lycheeeee!
Darkana
THN Visitor

Re: PPU Looking for Mc5 partner(s)

Postby eneco » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Jest wrote:Any Pacific Time Zoners interesting in grouping for some night Mc5? I haven't been in a while and need some one to show me the ropes. I'm actually mainly interested in the Rigger and Hawking chips, so would let you have first pick from any besides those two. :P (Unless you wanted either of those as well, in which case we can split them).

I'd be interested in doing some mc5 runs, although i've never done it before. I've got an hc tank I can use. dm me on enico maximus, bomani, or ensenar and i'd be glad to go. Also, i'm pacific time ;)
eneco
THN nib

Postby CMaster » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 am

Darkana wrote:A quick wit is needed in MC5 as a PPU, and hopefully a stable client, because certain stunts will fail miserably if your client decides to go poof in exactly the critical moment where it shouldn't fail.

Now, I dunno how MC5 is nowadays, but I did a lot of MC5 before 2.2 the "old way", and it was fun. With the right weapons you ODed every droner in there, but that might not possible anymore (no idea). Aside of the usual PPU spells a SC is a good idea in general for PvE, because it can pull aggro away from you, which is important during rezz. Getting the SC out is another problem, so you might be better off with other ways to get rid of aggro, like zoning out and in again.

And about droners in MC5: It's really borderline what happens there. I doubt it has changed much if at all to how droners used to handle the things in there back in time (and they did that in NC1 already). Drones getting hammered yet taking no damage, droners standing in the open without taking a scratch, and so on. Some of them really knew how to play that game. With the T-C "requirement" for drones stealth comes almost by default now; and stealthing droners wasn't really what this game needed more of :p

Nah, still possible to outdamage the droners. Take an AoE cannon (Doomie or Mal) AND a direct fire weapon. Load yourself up with energy and xray armour, and have your PPU with you. Go for direct damage when the droner has most of the aggro, get the base commie down, AoE if on own/tank has most of the aggro. Recast absorber often (shields wear down). If you really want to rush through it, have a second damage dealer come along too and just bash the hell out of the commie.
CMaster
THN fan

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2