Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Working on a KoS list program?! Need thoughts/Suggestions

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Delphi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:14 pm

On the thought of the bounty idea, would it be possible to talk to Hoover and see if there is a hook that can be pulled from the client to say whose been killed - if so have it so the bounty can only be claimed when the "Bounty" program through the ultimate launcher has been run - maybe that could even call back to the website and have an almost dynamical updating.

People could then place bounties on other people through the website, although that would require that people stand by what the put up for the bounty :P
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby StevenJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Delphi wrote:On the thought of the bounty idea, would it be possible to talk to Hoover and see if there is a hook that can be pulled from the client to say whose been killed - if so have it so the bounty can only be claimed when the "Bounty" program through the ultimate launcher has been run - maybe that could even call back to the website and have an almost dynamical updating.

People could then place bounties on other people through the website, although that would require that people stand by what the put up for the bounty :P
Tis a very sexy idea, I'll post it up on the unex forum. I figure the "killed by" message could be used, as the unex launcher watches the console for typed commands. This would also track mobs, which could be quite interesting...
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Pantho » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:21 pm

StevenJ wrote:
Delphi wrote:On the thought of the bounty idea, would it be possible to talk to Hoover and see if there is a hook that can be pulled from the client to say whose been killed - if so have it so the bounty can only be claimed when the "Bounty" program through the ultimate launcher has been run - maybe that could even call back to the website and have an almost dynamical updating.

Tis a very sexy idea, I'll post it up on the unex forum. I figure the "killed by" message could be used, as the unex launcher watches the console for typed commands. This would also track mobs, which could be quite interesting...

That i love!

Altho i dont play anymore lol, it was annoying when dying with drugflash etc and having to relog and not see who killed you :(
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Delphi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm

could have a website to store server statistics like what has been killed and personal pages to see who you've killed and whose killed you - statistics etc.
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby flib » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 pm

StevenJ wrote:

That wouldn't work to tell you th at you've killed someone, only that they've killed you.
Also, it wouldn't be very difficult to fake it, even if it did tell you that you killed someone.
flib
THN fan

Postby StevenJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:16 pm

flib wrote:
StevenJ wrote:

That wouldn't work to tell you th at you've killed someone, only that they've killed you.
Also, it wouldn't be very difficult to fake it, even if it did tell you that you killed someone.

Of course it would only tell who you had been killed by, but it's a start with the tools avalable :) I'm also pretty sure the unex launcher can tell spoofed 'commands' very well. Agreed though, a hook to detect kills would be even sexier, but I was thinking (obtusely!) more along the lines of a global stats thing, most deadly players / mobs / things in NC.

I just spoke to Necpock, who tells me that he won't be working on this because of other stuff going on. Given there are some nice ideas being tossed around, I figure I should leave this thread open, as Necpock says:

Necpock says:
pretty good ideas there!

Whilst I will do my best to keep up to date with the ideas discussed, and make sure that the unex team hears about them all, I'd also recommend that should anybody have any feature requests for any of the unex tools, posting them on the unex forums would be a good start :)

http://forum.ultimate-networx.net/
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby StevenJ » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Posted this on the unex board.

And got a reply :D

Marc Hoover wrote:This is planned for the new uneX launcher v2.
StevenJ
THN fan

Postby Bredahl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:00 pm

uuuh sounds sexy
Bredahl
Banned user

Postby Marc Hoover » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:50 am

Okay, Okay,.. im too late SORRY ;)

Here you can see the statistic page for uneX Launcher v2:

Marc Hoover
THN nib

Previous