Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Working on a KoS list program?! Need thoughts/Suggestions

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Working on a KoS list program?! Need thoughts/Suggestions

Postby necpock » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:30 pm

Hello everyone, I'm currently (mainly out of boredom) trying to learn C# and because of the fact that I want to learn as much as possible, I'm trying to build a program packed with features.

So yah anyway I decided to make a KoS list with multigame support. I thought this could be a little fun for me and gaming communities.

Basically theres an editable 15 slot list with top 5 KoS'd entities (which can be a single person, a person's known alts or a clan)

It doesnt sound like much yet (and it isn't) but I've learn't heck loads from this already.
Now something else hit me, imagine clients uploading their lists to a database once a week/month and from this information having "the most hated runners in neocron of the month" awards.

This is all still in idea/early stages atm but please post any constructive critisism, ideas or thoughts <3 (pls don't hate meh :( )
necpock
THN nib

Postby silent000 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Maybe a DirectX overlay so you can view the list in-game? i know Me and Steven have been racking our brains to try and figure that out and I know i ent got anywhere 8)
rawr
silent000
THN Subscriber

Postby necpock » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Dude, you know more then I'lll ever know...

Jump on MSN, I'll send it to yah what I've done so far
necpock
THN nib

Postby Bredahl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:41 am

hahaha noob, a KOS list wtf?!
Hahahahahaha didnt think ppl actually made em anymore.. i know who i wonna kill tbh - everyone that arent a friend (i dont talk about "allied", "neutral" and "hostile")- your prob that noob that talked shit about not wanting to do buisness with all the ppl that ganked your noob tradeskiller char :lol:
Bredahl
Banned user

Postby pabz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Thats such a server "mars" kinda thing to do lol. Guess its a ok idea tho :D
pabz
Banned user

Postby Nytewolf2k7 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Good luck with that. I was working on something similar, I even have an overlay, but mine's in VB.NET. I really think that all-in-all, these things are kinda childish... But meh...

Bredahl wrote:your prob that noob that talked shit about not wanting to do business with all the ppl that ganked your noob tradeskiller char :lol:

Well it was my right, And no he's not that "noob" as you call him, I am certainly not a "noob" as you said. :wrong:

It was and is my right to deny services to whomever, regardless of what. I really don't see the amusement in that. :lol:

Regardless, this is offtopic, and I don't give a squid. :lol:
Last edited by Nytewolf2k7 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nytewolf2k7
THN nib

Postby Brammers » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Bredahl wrote:hahaha noob, a KOS list wtf?!
Hahahahahaha didnt think ppl actually made em anymore.. i know who i wonna kill tbh - everyone that arent a friend (i dont talk about "allied", "neutral" and "hostile")- your prob that noob that talked shit about not wanting to do buisness with all the ppl that ganked your noob tradeskiller char :lol:

Bredahl - The posters asked for constructive critisism, ideas or thoughts, so keep it on topic please.

Edit: 2 posts in 2 mins while I'm posting lol!
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Bredahl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Heh love posting while drunk... sorry about that :wrong:

Still think its a silly idea though.. its usually not very hard to remember who you like and who you dont like.

Good luck with learning C# though ;)
Bredahl
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Joe... it's not like there are enough people in game that you need to keep a written list dear... :)
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby MC5 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:55 am

dude, im saying 1 thing.... silent000 here has his KoS list actually engraved into his pc desk!!! No jokes!
Propane 80/65*** WoC pistol pe (faction hopper :p)
Flammable 66/61*** WoC ppu (Crahn)
Disavowed 83/59 HC tank (PP atm)
Creme Egg 0/60 CST/REP spy (N.E.X.T) Member of N.U.T.A :angel:
Phosphorous 42/36* HC pe (PP atm)
MC5
THN nib

Postby Pantho » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm

MC5 wrote:

dude, im saying 1 thing.... silent000 here has his KoS list actually engraved into his pc desk!!! No jokes!

Am in it?

Come on cracker, you so know im kos!
Pantho
THN Uberaddict

Postby Bredahl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm

MC5 wrote:

Lol thats kinda sad imo.. :P
Bredahl
Banned user

Postby MC5 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Bredahl wrote:
MC5 wrote:

Lol thats kinda sad imo.. :P

he dont play with us anymore :( makes me sad :'-(
Propane 80/65*** WoC pistol pe (faction hopper :p)
Flammable 66/61*** WoC ppu (Crahn)
Disavowed 83/59 HC tank (PP atm)
Creme Egg 0/60 CST/REP spy (N.E.X.T) Member of N.U.T.A :angel:
Phosphorous 42/36* HC pe (PP atm)
MC5
THN nib

Postby Kanedax » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:55 am

joes a noob, plain and simple, but i lurve him anyway. the KoS list, when I breifly tested it seemed to work quite well. It's an entertaining idea and I'd use it just to put joe on it. FOR THE HORDE!
Kanedax: Lowtech Gentank Extraordinaire
The Chronic: Sexy PPU
Fred Astaire: Transgender Sniper
Brickhouse: Libra PE
I Need Money, Terminal Frost, Clit Commander, Brock Obama: The Cowboy Crew Trading Corp.
Mandingo: Future Hightech Tank
Mclovin: APU
Kanedax
THN Visitor

Postby Bredahl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 pm

I still dont get it tbh.. just shoot the people you dont know.. that arent too hard is it?

Talking about people you dont know.. Someone really should make something to remember alts of people..
With a memory like mine... i just cant remember peoples alts.. ESPECIALLY THE ONES WITH 3+ ACCOUNTS!!! :banghead:
Bredahl
Banned user

Next

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2