Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

State of the Game?

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Parapsycho84 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Pantho wrote:
and i know 100's of people have said "zomg this will be end of neocron" at 5000 games. But the fact of this one being made by KK, will give them a seperate monthly income, and will increase the chance of neocron going to the shitter.

Lets face it, the only thing keeping neocron alive is the fact KK need the monthly income, and the fact that there are so many loyal customers. Most of which are failing.

10% peak on EU weekends atm. which is only 80 players. Thats worse than NC has ever faced. And thats before BP has been released, or that any of the new fpsmmo's have been dealt-

Ill give credit where due - KK Did an amazing job with NC, and i wouldnt have wanted any other company to run with it - But death comes to all!

(ps, ty for listening to my drunk mixed crap :))

I dunno. I think it could go either way. Latest word from KK is that a different team is going to be working on NC than BP. So, unless 100% of their resources from here out go to BP, NC is still going to undergo some kind of development. Also, some players look at a company's track record before paying for a game (I wont, for instance, play a MMO by EA or Sony), and if they see that KK has let Neocron go to waste, they'll be less likely to play BP. So, getting Neocron up and running properly can only help.

Another thing, KK might end up doing what other companies with multiple MMO's are doing; have the player pay one price to play both games. For me (at least), Playing the same game for hours on end gets a little tedious. BP and NC seem like they are going to be different enough that if you get tired of one, you can play the other one for a very different gaming experience. Compare that to Sony, where most of their MMOs are the same thing, just with a different facade. If KK offers both games in a decently priced package, it might attract those who like BP to try NC out of curiosity. If it is alot better by then, they might stay, perhaps boosting the population (which is one of the biggest complaints by former players). The servers might not be packed to the gills, but having a few hundred more players wouldnt be that bad, would it?

Of course, this is running under the assumption that BP is going to be a huge success. With the competition from JumpGate and Eve, it's kind of a coin-toss.

Edit: Oh yeah....Hi! I'm new.
Parapsycho84
THN nib

Postby Brammers » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm

Parapsycho84 wrote:Edit: Oh yeah....Hi! I'm new.

And welcome to the THN - FYI there is some news on the upcoming patch which came out today - have a look at http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141081
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Bredahl » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 am

Uhu i guess i was wrong then.. i thought KK was lieing, about making a patch..
Maybe ill reactivate Walker/Sammy and start spreading the hate on TERRA again :D

Gonna wait and see peoples reactions first though.. knowing KK, theres ALOT they can fuck up doing this patch..
Bredahl
Banned user

Previous

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2