Forums

Back after a year, looks the same but looks are decieving!!!

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Back after a year, looks the same but looks are decieving!!!

Postby Stonehaven » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:12 pm

Ill just post the same thing i did on nc main forums.

What the heck is going on here. My aggressive psi monk couldnt hurt a butterfly now!!!

After reopening my account after a year, I fixed all my skills after loging back in, go down in TH where you can kill those bots and do some hacking and stuff. My current rank is 75/62, i came across a bot of rank 35/35 and i get pwned really bad, well i didnt die but that could have been the case, granted i was using a 51 energy beam and all the armor i had on was tl15 pa and blessed pants but it shouldnt have been a battle for my life, thats rediculous!

I noticed that i can get loads of HP's now but that didnt help either

is this normal now for psi monks??? Thats all I want to know.

not sure if ill be comming back after a few months if thats the case
Stonehaven
THN Subscriber

Faction: Tangent Technologies

Postby Ressi » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:26 pm

Well, Stonehaven, I have a few questions:

Do u have a CAG glove
Do u have a necklace
Do u have an injection tool
Do u have all the correct imps

Also at your rank, you should have all blessed spirit armor and pa as well as better spells

There is also Spy armor that u can wear, check the armor vendor in the hallway in TH 3

Contact Ressi Blade or Little Sister if u need any of the above
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Bredahl » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Well monks (APUs), are finaly the glass cannons they always should have been..

Use a Fire Apoc - and try to wait with shooting till the reticle are closed (the more closed it is, the better dmg). Fire Apoc can do some serious dmg...
Bredahl
Banned user

Postby Stonehaven » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:02 pm

all my armor dropped dropped on my belt after getting pwned alot just before i let my account end last year so i am missing all my blessed spirit armor except pants, i also have my tl 115 apu pa, i have all bone enforcements in and all higher tl brain implants in. i didnt get my higher lvl spells with me because i didnt want to get killed and my belt hacked while i was down there, i have neg sl from killing someone on accident last year so i couldnt get back to crahn the get my gear (i realized that real quick when i tried). I just had bad luck just befor my account ended last year...

But even so, i should have been doing more that 50 damage to that bot down there, it took me like 3min's to kill it. im a capped apu, i remember taking out warbots quicker than that!

btw, thanks resi, i remember you and little sister alot, me and my bro Sector VII used to do alot of busness with yous on all characters.
Stonehaven
THN Subscriber

Postby Stonehaven » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Bredahl wrote:Well monks (APUs), are finaly the glass cannons they always should have been..

Use a Fire Apoc - and try to wait with shooting till the reticle are closed (the more closed it is, the better dmg). Fire Apoc can do some serious dmg...

Im sry im not familliar with the expression "glass cannon".

So they made it where monks do more or less damage depending on reticle size now, i always thought it would be ghey... So is there a skill or something would make the reticle close quicker?
Stonehaven
THN Subscriber

Postby Faid » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Seriously, the apu was smacked down so hard they are very difficult to play now. I suggest a spy, tank, or PE. Or lom your apu over to ppu. lol, just wait till you see the clipping :P
Faid
THN User

Postby pabz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 pm

I think APUs are quite good. Take a few drugs and u have some overpowered run speed which makes the german community quite annoyed. Fire Apoc ftw in conjunction with the ex holy para. Just look out for when people's buffs drop and then keel them!
pabz
Banned user

Postby Abeyance » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 pm

APUs are extremely hard but very satisfying to play now
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Faid » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:04 am

Also APU's can still hit people around corners! :eek:
Faid
THN User

Postby Abeyance » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:19 am

Indeed! Fantastically bad piece of coding that makes being an APU completly feasible.
currently: Malevolence (res), Nerisella (cst), Twinkle (hck), Maia (hc), Aimee (hck), Naisha (ppu)
previously: Abeyance (Phoenix), Naisha (Malevolent Crackheads), Twinkle (Technocracy), Angelika (Illuminati), flyL (Regulators)
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:18 am

Faid wrote:Also APU's can still hit people around corners! :eek:

Sure it's not your lag giving that impression? Like you fire, the game code sends data to the server, and then replies saying yeah that's a hit...after the player has moved to the corner?

As for playing APU's, yes they fragile, but if you are fast and keep moving at opfights, they can be pretty effective.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Faid » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:49 pm

That was pretty much my point Brammers, the lag due to the shite netcode makes it so it appears that you get hit around corners ;) I was also being a tad bit sarcastic, I shoulda use one of these :P
Faid
THN User

Postby Stonehaven » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 am

Brammers wrote:
Faid wrote:Also APU's can still hit people around corners! :eek:

Sure it's not your lag giving that impression? Like you fire, the game code sends data to the server, and then replies saying yeah that's a hit...after the player has moved to the corner?

As for playing APU's, yes they fragile, but if you are fast and keep moving at opfights, they can be pretty effective.

Lol took me a long time to reply. Wouldnt this happen with most guns also?

I can see how this can happen with a monk, his psi abillities have already locked on the target before moving behind the corner, just because he moves behind a corner after that happens makes it perfectly feesable that it will continue to strike after hes already there behind something, but its not like he can really shoot around corners unless its an aoe in which case most people can do if they wanted.

Thats like saying "that monk can shoot me while im running". with all guns you fire and it hits just about a second or less most of the time, with all apu spell you fire and after a few seconds it hits.
Poke Me Bebe!
Stonehaven
THN Subscriber

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2