Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Rawr. >_>

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Rawr. >_>

Postby Phayse » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:37 am

Decided after a long time of not playing to download the client. I quit before the rebalancing, but while I've got 2 weeks off work sick, I figured it might be worth having a look.

I think I want to roll a Heavy/Driver/Hack PE, and do the epics. I'm also going to revive Phayse as a freshly rolled gentank.

Is anything different at the moment? How are LOM pills? Do they still work? are they still there?

How's the FA faction doing? ;)
Current Runners : Vexxor - Pistol Spy
Phayse
THN fan

Postby CMaster » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:56 am

If you want a driver, its a heavy tank now, no a heavy PE.
Imp and requiremtent changes have madfe heavy PE's useless.
Int reqs are gone from vehicles.
Tanks are pretty much tougher than PEs anyhow.

LOM pills not only still work, but each pack now has 10 uses and gives no SI.
CMaster
THN fan

Postby Phayse » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:10 am

Marvellousness :)

Looking at the new skiller programs, I'm slightly confused. are there any webresources out there for character setups?
Phayse
THN fan

Postby Ressi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Woot Phayse, welcome back

FA is doing fine overall and everybody is waiting for the new F 06 lineup
which should bring us back to NC 1

Hope to see u ingame one day :P
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Phayse » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:20 pm

A little bit of feedback. I'm sill not sure about the balancing. I tried my hand at droning today, on a freshly rolled character. It's painful. It takes twice as long to level as it does with any other class, even when I dumped everything into droning skills.

It just takes so long to get the crosshair to close. I can see it being a godsend later in the high end op-wars when facing droners, as I can imagine it being a complete pain in the arse to drone.

There are some things that haven't changed. Props are still knackered. bin lids flying in the air, well know clipping spots are still there. Dialogue is still poor. Cutsceene cameras are still poorly placed.

The armour box in the RPOS is a bit, well, lousy, but I'll be modding my HUD over the weekend. I like teh idea of more types of armour to mix and match, but the same winning combinations are still there, so that's really a case of more choices, but no point in taking them.

Medpacks are woeful, I despise having a PPU buttplug at the best of times, but it's looking like I'm going to have to have one if I want to do any high level hunting later in the game. Something I never had to deal with when tanks had Psi.

SOme more positives. Tanks. Pistols. Tastes of win. A little pointless, but at least it's a little more viable now.

Overall, It's the same old game that I left. It's not pretty. Tactics are the same for every mob. Very stagnant once you've gotten through the limited content. Terrain. Still samey, still a hell of a lot of empty zones that niether look nice nor have a purpose.

To be honest, as good as it is, neocron is still lacking. The game is fantastic to play, but there's just not enough to do. Still not a high enough population. I've been around other games, EVE, WoW, RF. They had a lot to offer, plenty of content to keep you interested while levelling, some variation in mobs, where tactics were sometimes needed to kill. Changing scenery, wow especially, the areas were interesting, there was plenty to keep me occupied (in fact I still retain my sub) if i got sick of one area, i could go to another and still enjoy.

I still hold a torch for NC, but even now it's seeming, moreso than before, that it's one of those games that could have been great. It's a shame. I've gone for the trial. I've got 7 days left on it, and I've almost capped my PE. I've got a droner spy, and a tank. They've got 7 days to convince me to sub, but at the moment, it's not looking very likely.
Phayse
THN fan

Postby Ressi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 am

Have u heard of the Nanite Injection tools ?
Ressi Blade
Major General [CW-FA]
House DoY - Titan
Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra + Mars
Recipient of the Faction Medal Lvl 3
Ressi
THN Supahfan

Clan: Defenders of York
Faction: Fallen Angels

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2