Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Website content (Was:Brammers)

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Website content (Was:Brammers)

Postby Syntax-Error » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:55 pm

First of all i hope u checked for CopyRights on that Phoenix image.

Secondly is it possible to get a website setup for phoenix? i mean i have lots of content and working for N/O as iam. i can get more :D ure call
Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defence of peace must be constructed.
- UNESCO Constitution
Syntax-Error
THN Supahfan

Postby Zane » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:29 am

What sort of content?
-Zane Shadowfall (Deceased) (68/69**)
Zane
THN Addicted

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:42 am

Well might be good to have the pricelists and things listed on a website. and mayby all employee's and what they do.. who to contact for what etc..
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Re: Website content (Was:Brammers)

Postby Brammers » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:26 am

Syntax-Error wrote:First of all i hope u checked for CopyRights on that Phoenix image.

Secondly is it possible to get a website setup for phoenix? i mean i have lots of content and working for N/O as iam. i can get more :D ure call

Syntax - hope you dont mind me changing the subject a little...

Phoenix image - good point, it was lifted from one of the .pak files in Neocron. Any idea's to the best person to ask? Also it's not intending to be permament, just for something to look better than a apache index page.

Website, this server has been upgraded in the last month and is a pretty nifty P4 2.4GHz with loadsa disc space, running Apache 1.3.28, php 4.3.2 and MySQL 4 + loads of other stuff. It's shared beween 15 people and we can set up new domains, websites and all. I am one of the system admin on the server so I can easily get things done quickly. See https://www.tertial.org for a little history on the server.

So if you want to go and design a website for Phoenix to be hosted here, I say go for it! The only thing I can't give you is FTP access for the, you would have to get me to deploy them, but I do know my HTML and webmastery! The content can be dymanic if needed using PHP but I will have to validate the code for security.

As for sugguesting what to put up here, my sugguestion would be a Vehicles catalog with prices, and maybe a who's who but that may bring up security issues for protecting the identies of section 2 employees.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

hmm

Postby Syntax-Error » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:53 am

Not atall bram. First of all. do you have MySQL? if so rather than wasting lots of time with writing scripts why not use the PHPNuke package and design our own theme. (btw i need some help with my own webserver when you have time) as for content, WHy just stick to store related stuff. for a start unless Ren gets N/O sorted soon i will be able to post some Interviews with the Gms/Devs (i only done nidhogg so far)

And about that image. i can ask around for you and find out who you need to e-mail. most likly the head artist or maybe MJS himself. anyhow ill get back too you.
Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defence of peace must be constructed.
- UNESCO Constitution
Syntax-Error
THN Supahfan

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:38 am

well u could put up a list with all Heads i meen zane me brammers thonk.. just an idea and a short discription what we do etc
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby Brammers » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:58 am

N/O - erm whats that?

[Edit] Your webserver syntax - start a thread in the THS3C forum about it.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:05 pm

N/O = Neocron Online if i remember correct.. its a fan site
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby Brammers » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:33 pm

PHP Nuke...Hmm I'm uneasy about that one, mainly for it's bad past with security holes.

Also I think it's a little bit too much at this stage... As idea's for the website evolve we will have a better idea what to use and what we want.

So my suggestion sticks lots of ideas down here what we want to see throw them out, fight over them etc....

...then getting the right stuff to implement the website will be the next step. Sorry if I sound a bit project managerish, (Help me - I dont want to be a project manager) but I think my job and previous projects are rubbing off here!
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Postby Zane » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:54 pm

Ok.. first up, it's obvious that between us, we've got some kind of IT talent. But we can't knee-jerk a website out.

Let's look first at getting something up on a site. A pricelist with some images of the goods would be a nice place to start.

And let's do it in HTML.. so everyone get Nano (VI, Emacs, whatever) out.. or Notepad if you're a Window's Weenie.

We can move onto funky scripts and animations etc later. Don't forget, Thonkus is the man for graphics, how are you with Flash Thonk?

As you mentioned Brammers, maybe we ought to just list our heads of department etc. And maybe leave out the photo and name for 'Director of Section 2' but give the description of Section 2. ;)

Further down the line we can look into CGI, Perl, PHP or whatever. Maybe get an online ordering page. You get the idea.
-Zane Shadowfall (Deceased) (68/69**)
Zane
THN Addicted

hmm

Postby Syntax-Error » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:13 pm

While i do hold a City&guilds in VB i havnt got the first clue about writing HTML. im a proffessional Blagger :D (btw i have dreamweaver MX thats what i always use)
- UNESCO Constitution
Syntax-Error
THN Supahfan

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2