Forums

Neocron Art Thread

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Morpheous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:23 am

Wow! Really great artwork- if I might be so curious, what mediums/media/tools do you use to make those? Looks great! Love the bloom effects on some of those.
Morpheous
THN Addicted

Postby Brammers » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:23 am

Click on Rosalind's signature - it links to the official forums thread, which should list the tools used, and a quick how-to.
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:41 pm

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:I drew a DoY guard today!

ImageImage

Paint brush looks more lifelike-alistic :P and the shading looks neat because it is less promenant.

Morpheous - On the official forums are some tutorials made by Rozalind. heres the links for everyone actually.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126166&page=5&pp=15
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126166&page=6&pp=15
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126166&page=9&pp=15

I hope these are the right links to the pages.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:53 am

Hi guys :)

Sorry I haven't posted any doodles recently, I've been pretty busy :(

I did just finish one though! It's another quickie generic DoY girlie! I am a firm believer that the 'motif' of all DoY clothing should be belt buckles, there's no outfit that they can't compliment well!

It turned out a little bit more complicated than it should have, but I don't think it's terrible :)

I also drew my interpretation of a homegirl. I changed the boring, prude pinkish-purplish bikini into a much more dangerous, seductive crimson one, and gave her a stylish cigar and martini glass!

Really looking forward to seeing other people's doodles and interpretations. The point of this thread isn't to display technical skill and talent, but instead to show ideas! So if you ever believe that you draw like a three-year old, just remember that even three-year olds can show ideas through their drawings! You're going to have to find a better excuse than that! :P
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:44 pm

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:So if you ever believe that you draw like a three-year old, just remember that even three-year olds can show ideas through their drawings! You're going to have to find a better excuse than that! :P

Too true, but the main theme seems as if its not allways the "drawing", I did this for my GCSE coursework in 2h 30m yesterday from memory and a single photo I took.

Took a while, but I think it came out Ok. It has nothing to do with neocron, but I was going to to take a screenshot of a feamle monk, and put some butterfly wings on it, so I'll experiment over the next couple of days with that idea.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 am

I have two doodles today :)

The first one is a female version of Lifewaster's PPU concept! I think it's really cool, using a mixture of both psi and PPU! I'll end up coloring it in eventually, just not now :P

This one is a female CM hacker. a lot of people liked the first hacker I did, hopefully you guys will like this one more. it's a bit more detailed, although I'm not sure if I like the hair! do you think it would look better if it was the snakey-wavey kind like in the first hacknet picture?

Really looking forward to seeing other people's NC doodles!
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby John Keel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:32 am

really good work :)
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Delphi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:40 am

I :love: your work rosa! Its so good, and my excuse about drawing like a 3 year old wont work..... :eek: hmmm im going to need to find a new excuse then... :P
Delphi
THN Lead Wiki Administrator

Postby John Keel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:43 am

my excuse "drawing like a caveman" doesnt work either ... i am trying to rosa belive me
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Delphi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:46 am

same here, many pieces of paper have been spoiled by my big oaf hands and big crayons :banghead: just cant seem to draw very well, or even get inspiration to draw anything interesting...
Delphi

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:47 am

Once again Rosie, great work.

I love youre version of lifewaster ^^ too true.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:47 pm

I was fooling around, and thinking about what NC would be like if it had a snowy wastelands area! Here's what I came up with :)

Sorry for the background color, it doesn't really look as good as it does on the official forums! You can see the post on the official forums (I think you have to be registered and have your game account tied to your forum account or something, though) http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=425

Eventually what I want to do is create a story with pictures (comics require too much attention to facial expressions and interaction and settings for me to do decently with enough time to actually play NC) about my char Rosalind Mendoza in this 'old photograph' style! :)

Also, I won't accept any excuse until I actually see you try to doodle something! :) If you're afraid to post it up on these forums that's fine, just send me a PM! I really would like to see how other people interpret NC, the setting, and their characters!
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:26 am

Thats awesome !

Looks so realistic.

Good work Rozalind.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Delphi » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:58 am

thats aweome :) You really are great at interpreting neocron and being able to put it down on paper!

Really dies look like a photo - as for the snow capped mountains, well we can all hope evo2.2 has them :p
Delphi

Re:

Postby JarodW » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:12 am

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:Here's another interpretation of me as an FA. I tried to take a few of the things that I liked from that other picture, and making it look slightly more FA-like, but it didn't come out as nice as I'd have hoped. I sort of like the design but it was poorly executed :) I'll end up redoing it sometime in the future.

Image[/img]

I love this one.
JarodW
THN nib

Previous

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2