Forums

Neocron Art Thread

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Neocron Art Thread

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:13 am

Hi :)

I think one of the things that makes Neocron such a cool thing is the setting. A post apocalyptic yet technilogically advanced and distopian society is something so new, so different. KK did such a great job creating an amazing atmosphere (and it'll hopefully get even better when NC2.1 rolls around!), it really feels like you're in an actual city!

However there are more than a few things that I feel should have been interpreted differently! :) So please take this thread as an opportunity to express or re-interpret anything in NC that you feel KK could have done better with, be it vehicles, clothing, buildings, weapons, you name it!

This thread is about re-interpretation and expression, so please don't be afraid to post any of your less than refridgerator-magnet-worthy thoughts and ideas here as long as they express either some form of creativity or an idea (AKA no scribbly "XYZ is teh pwn" etc etc, that's stupid :P)

I'll go first!

Coming from a background in fashion and costume design, the only thing I can really doodle is outfits and clothing :) So here's a few of my chars!

This is an old picture of my main char Rosalind Mendoza! Back when I was Tsunami :)

This is myself (now) as an FA! I didn't doodle this with myself in mind but I really like the outfit!

And this is my other char, Antimony Jones, a poison using (temporarily crahn) monk!

I posted some of my interpretations, now it's your turn! :)

(PS - I have a bunch of other neocron-inspired character doodles, click my signature for the thread I made on the official forums)

(PPS - I apologize if this should have gone in the roleplaying forums but I have taken a more OOC approach to this thread!)
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby f8l3rr0r » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:35 am

wow, you definitally have some artistic skills
Delta Paintball Team - Delta Leads the way, All the way.
f8l3rr0r
THN Subscriber

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:17 am

Well, this isnt exactly neocron artwork, but never the less it follows the theme of artwork.

Im in the mood to draw and at the moment that i post this, im in a graphics lesson. so, i think ill gfo do some doodles and put some photos up later.

BTW, great artwork, love it to bits.

-Z

EDIT: Rozalind, i notice that you use photobucket to host youre images, if you want, I can get a domain for you, http://www.rozalindart.*** or something of the likes where you an host them. It will be free of course. It is just a shame that you are such a good artist, and dont have anywhere of youre own to host youre images.

-Z

EDIT 2:I read through the whole of the Official forums thread on the subject, and good on you to have that much of a response to youre thread. I'm no stranger to Photoshop, but youre tutorilas are great. just what people need.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:03 pm

Ok, i've made too many edits in my last post, and this is something new.

Starting point from a drawing, scanned in at 600DPI, total res when scanned, 5263x3804 when clipped :X

Using various techniques, and then messing up the hair a bit, this is what it looks like.

Added into an official neocron screenshot.

Please feel free to judge, and i hope the pictures arent too big Nidd. :P (soz if they are)
-Z
Last edited by Dr J Zoidberg on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Thanks for the comments! That's really nice of you to say and means a lot to me :) And that's a really thoughtful proposition of you Zoid but I like using photobucket! It's ultra simple and does what I need it to do!

I really like the composition in our picture Zoid :) The dramatic angle really says a lot, and the way you put your doodle in there really looks nautral, like it's supposed to be that way! The texture on the hair is also really cool!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post yet, I'm a slow doodler! But one of the things I'm thinking about working on is a series of pictures of DOY, pre-nuked and post-nuked, a topic that has always fascinated me!

Looking forward to seeing other doodles, thoughts, and ideas! :)
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:35 am

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:Looking forward to seeing other doodles, thoughts, and ideas! :)

I've got two weeks off now, so ill be doodling all the time. Thx for the comments btw. all i need to get now is a new A4 tablet. I broke mine yesterday night when i got pissed with a CA APU who snuck up behind me while I was leveling. I think i hit the tablet too hard with tip of the stylus in anger. :( Mabye I should sew him :P

-Z

EDIT: Ok, i've done some doodles adn this is a work in progress

Girls clothing, this time could be related to Neocron with my char Starshine in mind.

-Z

EDIT2:

Doesnt look great, epecially the paint gradient, and the colours. ... i'll do something else later.

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:45 pm

I think that's really cool Zoid :) I actually really like the gradient in the pants! Although with that much white so close to the ground it must be a nightmare to keep clean :P And also I love flared sleeves of all types, they totally rock my socks :)

After being outleveled by a leveling buddy I decided to change Antimony Jones into a pure hacknet hacker! Sure, I'll be doomed to a levelling session of loneliness but changes in scenery are always nice :)

Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby scanner dorkly » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:24 pm

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:

Some good work here, this one is my favourite so far... I'll see if I can come up with something for this thread too.
scanner dorkly
THN User

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 pm

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:

Awesome... and i did my last one (the clothes) in the middle of a french lesson :P

-Z

EDIT: I've just been looking throught your photobucket space, and the artwork that you have on there... Well... I'ts amazing :D
I really like this one
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mawee03/antimony.jpg

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:30 am

Here's another interpretation of me as an FA. I tried to take a few of the things that I liked from that other picture, and making it look slightly more FA-like, but it didn't come out as nice as I'd have hoped. I sort of like the design but it was poorly executed :) I'll end up redoing it sometime in the future.

I also uploaded a few post-inking WIP shots so you can see it better :)

Image[/img]
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Postby Tratos » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:49 am

Very nice :D seems to be the most detailed to date!

imo a little too shiney though but still very very sexeh ;)

Never did finish my power armoured spy, lol

For the record its crap because i cant draw :D
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am

Rosalind Mendoza wrote:

Kick Ass !!

It's great... From the first picture it thought it was a corset, But it was actually a t-shirt. V.nice :P

Question: When you are doing this, do you actuially get any time to play neocron? :D

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby John Keel » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:21 pm

Really good work Rosa :)
John Keel
THN Addicted

Postby Junker D Coy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:38 pm

yeah that work really is good, i saw your post on the official forum but wasnt able to post there

greetings
JDC
Junker D Coy
THN User

Postby Rosalind Mendoza » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 am

I drew a DoY guard today!

I'm trying to experiment with different shading techniques. The one on the left was done with the lasso tool, and the one on the right was done by the paintbrush. Opinions and advice?

ImageImage

Looking forward to seeing everyone elses doodles :)
Rosalind Mendoza
THN Visitor

Next

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2