Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

THN sever outage - We are back on a new server!

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

THN sever outage - We are back on a new server!

Postby Brammers » Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 pm

Ok then, this is what happened to the THN

Pipex, the hosting provider for the THN server pulled the plug on the subnet 3 weeks early and move it to Machester, while the server stays in Nottingham.

They tried to fix this issue by giving the IP we was supposed to use in 3 weeks time, by then we would had been on the new server at Blackcat. This didn't work as no-one from the outside world could reach the new IP of the old server. However, it was still accessable via another server. (Call it a back door if you like)

At 5.30pm Pipex had still failed to fix a very simple routing issue. It's still not fixed I noticed. So it was decided to move all the users to the new server via the backdoor. Myself and another admin had just spent the best part of 6 hours configuring and checking every other user that uses this server.

The short version of this story: Pipex fucked up big time, and as a result we moved to the new server ahead of schedule.

Their may be issues, and if you find any please let me know.

And finally I must apologise for the innconvience caused, and any spelling in this message. Thanks for your support!
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2