Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Regent's legacy

For all discussion about the Neocron 2 world.

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Regent's legacy

Postby HusK » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:13 am

thonkus and I went to regent today, and I managed to take some screenies =)
Btw who or probably what's regent anyway? I can't find it in the story, the legacy of a regent... what regent?

Tech Haven Network - Former Lead Moderator / Former co-administrator
HusK
THN Whore

Postby Thonkus » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:15 am

shame you didn't get any of my dead body :)
Thonkus
THN fan

Postby HusK » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:34 am

unless this door is usable, it seems locked.
I dare not go closer with the risc of dying and loosing something important in my belt,
there where alot of mutants down the bridge that could hit me fine when walking over it :p
HusK
THN Whore

Postby Brammers » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:55 pm

I've not been to Regants for ages - and there is a story about Regents in the manual - IIRC he was the leader of DoY.

But it sounds like a great place for giving the punisher drones a run about - just need some BP's of them made. ;)
Brammers - THN Admin & CEO Phoenix Ltd.
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby [TgR]KILLER » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:01 pm

yea regant IS in the story.. read it again :p

and me DJoke clonk soul and red were there a few days ago.. was fun tho they drop shit loot.. btw for regant read the story around the late 2500 times.. 2560 -> he's there
[TgR]KILLER
THN Whore

Postby HusK » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:41 pm

A small....:p part of the story, all about regent.

After seven years of growth, justice and progress under Thor's reign, he considers himself to be too old to continue with ruling over
Neocron. He passes his power on to his son, Regant. Regant wants to develop Neocron into the most powerful, most modern and
largest city of the new world.

The construction of the Dome of York is nearly finished as well. Following the insight gained from the Ceres Discs, York is organized
like a city of the 22nd century. The dome of former Tokyo, which had protected that city against radiation centuries ago, served
as an example for the protective dome above York.

Regant doesn't believe in the concept of the dome. Educated by Caalron, the successor of Mecando, he creates a plan for a magnetic
shield, which can reflect more than 50 percent of the radiation without a physical structure. The benefits of Regant's plan are based
on the fact that his concept won't limit the physical expansion of the city.

Despite the magnetic shield, the population of Neocron still suffers from disease which can be traced back to the influence of
radiation. Regant plans to improve the shield and asks the now 65 year old Ceres to give him a copy of the Ceres Discs to
supplement his knowledge about magnetic shields. Surprisingly, Ceres refuses his request. He tells Regant that he had warned
Regant's father against bloodshed and that there will be neither partnership nor friendship between Neocron and York.

Bewildered, Regant insists on his right to gain access to the Ceres Discs. He points out that it had, after all, been his father who
discovered them. But Ceres doesn't sway from his point of view. Regant is left no choice but to give up his plan.

A deadly virus infection kills thousands of Neocron's residents. The city's medics are helpless, and even the PSI Monks, who have
wondrous healing methods at their disposal, are puzzled. Once again Regant turns to Ceres and pleads to gain access to the
discs to find some medicine against the plague. But Ceres states that the plague is the vengeance of the God of the Blinding Light,
who is punishing Neocron for the senseless bloodshed.

Beside himself with rage and not comprehending how Ceres is able to tolerate the demise of so many innocent people, young
Regant declares that there will be more bloodshed and begins to assemble his troops for a war against the Dome of York.

Regant and Ceres are unable to come to a peaceful agreement. Regant orders the PSI Monks to use their knowledge about
genetic engineering – gained primarily while fighting the virus infection – to breed a stronger and more robust warrior.
The PSI Monks, who studied genetic engineering since Thor's capture of Neocron and the introduction of the new doctrine, pursue
this task intensively and develop a prototype, which they call GenTank, after just a few months. The GenTank can be produced
as a fully trained warrior in a short amount of time and has all the characteristics Regant requested. In addition, Regant's
scientists develop new armored vehicles based on 22nd century military tanks. Piloted by the new warriors with their genetically
enhanced reflexes and tactical abilities, these Hovertanks become extremely effective weapons.

Ceres, too, instructs his researchers to work on new military equipment. They develop a new kind of walking vehicle, a powered
giant of metal, equipped with numerous weapons and piloted by an artificial brain. This new kind of field weapon is called
WarBot by its developers. Furthermore, they work on a new mass destruction system on the basis of the former atomic bomb.

Once again Regant asks Ceres to grant him access to the discs. He explains that, regardless of whoever discovered the discs,
Ceres is not entitled to use the knowledge of the discs exclusively for himself. In fact, the knowledge contained in the discs
should be accessible by all of mankind.

He issues an ultimatum to Ceres to make the discs accessible by the end of the year. Should Ceres not react by then, Regant
would use force to ensure that the knowledge of the discs be shared by everyone.

Ceres proclaims the discs to be his property and states that Neocron has already benefited more than it merits from the knowledge
they hold. Regant deploys his army of GenTanks equipped with heavy weapons and attacks the Dome of York with full force.
Regant's strategy is based on a short, powerful military strike against Ceres, but he fails to take the defensive mechanisms of
the dome into account. The area surrounding the city is covered with mines and spring-guns, and the GenTanks that break
through this protecting wall face an army of WarBots.

2578-2585
What had been planned as a short strike becomes the longest military conflict in the history of the new world. While Ceres
dispatches his armored warriors to the battlefield,
the PSI Monks raise one Tank after the other and the factories spew out thousands of Hovertanks.

The earth surrounding both of the cities is soaked in blood and covered with debris by the time Ceres' scientists discover a weapon
based on the atomic bomb, which would kill unprotected organic material while leaving Ceres' own walking weapons unharmed, by
means a special shielding for the WarBots. Ceres does not hesitate to detonate this bomb over the battlefields between the two
cities. Thousands of genetically bred GenTanks fall victim to the radiation of the bomb. Ceres threatens to employ the bomb over
Neocron, if his enemies don't surrender within one week. But he doesn't know that the PSI Monks have already copied the shielding
of the WarBots and applied it to a new type of armor suit, which they developed by adapting some technologies they acquired
from destroyed or captured Ceres-WarBots. This armor suit enhances the reflexes and capabilities of the GenTanks even further,
and the next wave of GenTanks goes into battle adequately protected.

Because of the protection, increased power and efficiency provided by these suits, the GenTanks vanquish Ceres' warriors and
WarBots and invade the Dome of York. The government is overthrown and Ceres publicly executed. Regant seizes all of the
Ceres Discs and begins to reveal their knowledge to the public. Furthermore he appoints a new ruler from his own ranks,
who is to control the reconstruction of the dome.

Regant, who suffers heavily from the effects of the radiation disease, apparently loses influence and the well organized
PSI Monks become more and more a secret power within Neocron. The intelligence service, NSD, once founded under Crahn's rule,
controls the activities of the police and increases its power steadily. The NSD sets up internment camps in the Wastelands, where
political opponents are held and tortured.

Regant dies. His chosen successor is found murdered shortly thereafter. The PSI Monks immediately seize control over Neocron.
The PSI Monks introduce rigorous laws, but also do much for the progress of the city. In the meantime the complete knowledge of
the Ceres Discs has been put into practice, except for space travel. In some areas the progress has already surpassed the
theoretical knowledge.
Last edited by HusK on Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HusK
THN Whore

Postby Trillian » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:28 pm

Me and Kramer went out there theday it after the muntants all showed up. Jesus christ, there's like 100 of them. We lasted a good 20 mins before one of us died though.
Trillian
THN Addicted

Postby HusK » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:32 pm

well I let thonkus do the dying first :p
nah, the mutants just seemed to be busy and didn't realy attack me...offcourse I was crawling
over the floor sneaking my way up hehe, only needed to kill around 4 or 5 of those bloody copbot
rifle mut's to get close, some I ignored by crawling on.

I do must say...some of them even use plasma cannons, likely the TPC,
And they where not kidding around lol :/ just barely lived the fight with one.

thinking about what kk will put inside/beneeth the fortress...
regent's legacy....Literally, what Mr. Regent left behind...
A. He made a magnetic shield to protect neocron of radiation
B. He created the GenTanks ( Praise the lord ! ! ! hehe)
C. He conquered Dome of York
D. His war left alot of tanks open to large radiation, which could/would have caused the gentanks on the battlefield to turn into mutants.
E. He got the ceres discs back

Probability that it has something to do with the ceres discs is high, altho it is rumored that the ceres discs still remain in neocron city, no one realy knows for sure, as it is not in the story, what if the origional ceres discs where kept in regents fortress? Sure the psi monks had access to them according to the story, but it doesn't state where the psi monks accessed them ;) meanwhile the psi monks where defeated and I also can't find anything about the discs after that.....

Another thing is that it might be that the mutants are the mutated fighters of the war, still loyal to regent and thus holding up and defending his fortress, who knows there might be a 'smoothskin' behind them all, someone related to the family of thor and regent....or even...

I was thinking about crahn since it says crahn will return (well the crahn sect says that :p) but then I found that he build his base over an old ruin in the wastelands and I come to think that such a thing is yet to be added in the future. Altho its refered to as a abey I find it hardly possible that the two crahn cathedrals are the base spoken off, since its was hardly far in the wastelands (at the time outzone would have still been wastelands).

One thing I know for sure, there's gonna be a king and or queen. why? cause thats just the way it usualy works in this game :P
HusK
THN Whore

hmm

Postby Syntax-Error » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:13 pm

Err.... Psi Monks made the GenTanks
Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defence of peace must be constructed.
- UNESCO Constitution
Syntax-Error
THN Supahfan

Postby HusK » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:55 pm

Great I knew I shouldn't have deleted that line of my reply :p

No syn, the psi monks developed them because regent wanted that.
In my oppinion that makes regent there creator cause he gave the ultimate order for them.
HusK
THN Whore

Return to Tech Haven Sector 2