Forums

VS-STORY: Consuming Him

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

VS-STORY: Consuming Him

Postby Cred » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:00 am

(this is half fiction and half real from the game, p.s. i never killed anyone in the greenhouse :) )

The Day was Cold, a stiff Neocronicle on the desk reported that it would only reach 10' Celsius today. Cred sat at his desk huddled up with his hands in his pockets watching his breath form out of his mouth, He had spent all day in the Greenhouse waiting for younger runners to find him.

The greenhouse was a secret front. Hidden under the plants Cred had stashes of armor, weapons, spells, you name it. As a Fallen Angel he was adamant on giving new runners the ability to be able to fend for themselves, without needing to kow tow to the Reza or any of the corporate monarchy that ran this city.
The Plants all had converted power cells in the the soil near their roots keeping them warm. The small jungle Cred kept were all native to Neocron, he had gotten them through a hastily failed plan by the Diamond corporation to increase there stocks during a grueling bear market.

"Bweeeeet!" the apartment bell had broken the silence. Cred moved to his City-Com to get an I.D. check on the guest waiting in the entrance. It wasn't common but there was always a chance that what waited on the other side of the door was a CopBot ready to raid to place or just a junkie high on "beast" hoping on scoring stuff he can pawn at YO's.

No one was on the scanner, whoever had wrung the buzzer had left. Cred opened the door to the access lift, on the floor were some credits and a note. the paper of the note looked like it was torn from an old "Voice of the Resistance" Twilight Guardian pamphlet. When he picked it up something fell out and clattered on the floor. It looked like a brain implant chip, but the design was nothing Cred had ever seen before. He realized that the chip was wet, wait no this was blood. He put the implant down and looked at the note. sloppily written was
" Thank you for your help, I am leaving now and wont be back. this is all that is left, its yours, I am defeated."

Cred didn't know what to make of it. He guessed it was one of the runners he had helped over the time that he worked in the Greenhouse. He washed off the implant and was ready to put it in the closet where he kept the implant chips when a sudden realization came over him. He had never seen this chip before because it must be a rare one. maybe a BioTech secret weapon. Twirling the chip between his fingers, Cred finally picked up his implant device. Placing the disinfectant gel canister in one end, and putting the strange chip in its place he pressed down on the trigger. there was a click snap as the operation bar started to show the implant progress. Not wanting to look at the tool itself. Cred also tried to ignore the sound of the tool working the chip into place near his brain. with a sucking pop the tool finished and returned to its original starting position.

Cred waited for the pressure to clear from his head. But that didn't come, the pressure was actually starting to grow. With slight panic, Cred stood and tried to walk over to his desk. Then something like an explosion burst in his head, pain and heat ripped through the folds in his brain like an electrical storm. Cred lunged for his desk, then he doubled over and vomited on the floor. A thumping started to push at the emptiness in his body, it started to pull on his conscience. Anger started to rise from under his fingers and burn through his whole body consuming him, digesting him. '.....kill.....' Yes, all he wanted to do was kill. destroy and ruin people. Cred noticed that his mouth and nose were bleeding, it was mixing with the bile of his vomit and he realized that he didn't really care, all he wished for right now was his rifle, and some targets. Steam billowed from his mouth as his chest heaved.

"I know what chip this is" He whispered to himself."Its a from the Dome." Cred's eyes rolled as he found the realization very very humorous. "Bweeeeet!" the doorbell went off. "Hello? I got your name from a friend, They said you could help me out with some weapons...?" Picking up his rifle Cred made his way to the door." I'm coming, I have just what you need." ~fin
Cred
THN Subscriber

Return to Role Playing