Forums

Reanimation: Part 1

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Reanimation: Part 1

Postby Abeyance » Wed May 09, 2007 10:05 am

Reanimation (Part 1)

And so it resumed... Once one of the Fallen Angel's guardians, presumed missing after the initial discovery of the MC5 facility in the wastelands, just east of Nemesis lab.

It has been three long years of abstinence but the echoes of the explosion are still ringing in my ears, the blinding green light of plasma discharge still a vivid memory.

“Highly dangerous criminals sighted inside the inner city limits”

As my neutral net came back to life after being regenerated by the Gene Replicator in what I thought was my apartment, everything seemed a little be brighter than I remembered. I sat up, wondering why I seemed to be suffering from a full Loss of Memory, as though I’d been chomping through pills like a raver in heat. Obviously something had changed, my dexterous abilities were no longer sufficient to use the drones I was using before the explosion. I was heavily synaptically impaired, and this definitely wasn’t my apartment.

I stepped outside, wondering why the copbots I once taunted with my Particle Nemesis were walking the streets, further more why weren’t they shooting me? I ran to the nearest Citycom Terminal and checked my sympathies. There was definitely something up with the world. And Diamond Real Estate was definitely not the faction I had been a part of before the incident. I figured however, I should be grateful for my reincarnation, regardless of how it had happened. I initially thought that through some possible flaw in the Gene Replicator system I had taken the life of another soul and his worldly possessions as well, however a simple check in the faction database clearly stated my name – Naisha Taras, alongside my profession, my blood type, even my eye colour.

The first thing on my agenda as my brain started to get back up to speed after my extended period of time out, was to use this opportunity to gather information about what’s going on inside the city limits, to find out what had happened since my departure, and to get back into the ranks of the Fallen Angels. I checked out the available Gene Replicators I could go to… the list was empty. This definitely wasn’t my day.

I need an asprin.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Postby Abeyance » Wed May 09, 2007 11:07 am

Days… maybe weeks had passed, since I had awoken from my digitised slumber. I was still coming to terms with the changes that had taken place in the city of Neocron – it had been many years prior to my disappearance since I had last been here. Plaza was still busy with life, pokers, constructors, researchers, all trying to make a living; but somehow something was different. The PSI store, had gone, fences were in place around sewer entrances, cop bots are touring the streets… Somehow the air of security is high, yet for some reason I can now draw a weapon.

I made the trek back up to the old Fallen Angels HQ, a journey I had made hundreds of times in the past. After finally arriving and speaking to a Fallen Angels representative upon entrance I was devastated to find out that my old colleagues had been forced to abandon the base, and move our operations to the Dome Of York, furthermore, I was dismayed that in my current situation there was no way a lowly spy like myself would be able to step inside the perimeter of the Dome without meeting heavy security. If this is what the ‘Angels required for me to be aligned with them once more, however; no task is too much to ask.
Abeyance
THN Addicted

Return to Role Playing