Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

Results of Regent Mutant Expedition

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Results of Regent Mutant Expedition

Postby kir » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:33 pm

Report on the Regent Mutants

Name: Kir
Clan: Mirrorshades
Level: 64/67 **
Class: PE

Weapon Used: Three Slotted Pain Easer with phosphor ammo mod.
Armor: Spirit Helmet, Duranit 2 Vest, Medium Energy Belt, Inq 2 Pants, Spirit Boots.

Upon the first reports of the rogue mutants taking refuge in Regent I made regular weekly surveys of the area to determine if I could ascertain their location. A few days ago I found them lying in wait along the road. They ambushed me, and in my surprise I retreated under fire from a storm of green plasma. The following are my observations and conclusions concerning these mutants.

Physiologically the "Regent Mutants" as they appear to be calling themselves now are no different from the other mutants through out our world. They appear to be more skilled and obviously are armed with better weapons than other mutants. I was unable however to obtain samples of these weapons. Most were reinforcecd with your typical advanced bone enforcements and had a varying degree of brain augmentations. Ranging from drone interfaces, to pistol eyes, vehicle chips and dexterity chips (samples obtained). Of course there was the regular assortment of hair, flesh, arms, teeth and booze to go along with what I was able to obtain. However, nothing extraordinary or of particular interest.

My initial reaction of surprise and retreat led me to approach the zone again with caution. This time entering the zone from the far north west corner I left my hover in the cover of some weeds and proceeded to swim the rest of the distance. Upon entering the zone I noticed a lone mutant scout armed with a laser blade. I quickly laid waste to it.

It did not even appear to be able to cope with my long range sniping attacks, as even after it came under fire it did not move in my direction once, but just kept looking about confusedly. I must assume it was unable to ascertain my direction, or perhaps was stuck in the muck of the swamp.

I quickly approached the corpse and obtained samples.

Following this I ambushed the mutants waiting alongside the road who had been apparently killing those passing by, as was noted by the quick belts lying on the road. Expecting a fierce battle I was cautious at first, but soon after found this to not be necessary. I was able to lay waste to three Regent Troopers, two Regent Soldiers, a Regent Corporal and another Scout with little to no trouble. Eventually I even discovered I need not take cover behind trees, I could simply walk slowly toward them and mow them down with my pain easer.

ImageImage

Based on these observations and the intelligence received this week from other sources. The assistence of humans to these mutants are unquestionable. Someone has trained them in the use of the high tech weapons they were brandishing, the high levels one can observe from my photos are evidence of this.

Despite these enhancements, the mutants are still relatively unorganized and the only danger they pose is a strength in numbers. Individually they are still relatively weak and posed little danger to even a simply Private Eye such as myself. A Psi Monk or Tank would be able to clean out Regent with relative ease.

This investigation did not, however, approach the actual Regent's Legacy Fortress and I am planning another expedition to ascertain the status of that location as well.

Young runners, beware, the mutants spare no one and you will most likely fall victim to their attacks. Seasoned veterens, there appears to be little of interest with these mutants, unless you simply fancy obtaining new trophies from a new kind of prey.
Last edited by kir on Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kir
THN User

Postby Zane » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:10 pm

Thankyou for this report Kir. Another display of Fallen Angel Intelligence. Tangent can't touch that.

Inform me when you set out on your next expadition. I would like to join you at the fortress.
-Zane Shadowfall (Deceased) (68/69**)
Zane
THN Addicted

Postby HusK » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:10 pm

An expedition from science lab 'Gamma' two weeks ago reported that the Castle of Regent itself was closed down.

Have you been able to find evidence of any recent traffic going trough it?
Our very own elite 'CA' team (Construction & Architecture) has notified me they wish to take a look inside, however so far this has been impossible. If any runner or expedition knows of ways to get inside, please share it with them.
Tech Haven Network - Former Lead Moderator / Former co-administrator
HusK
THN Whore

Postby kir » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:49 am

I'm planning to head out that way in an hour or so, if anyone is interested in coming along, let me know.
kir
THN User

Postby Zane » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:14 am

I guess I missed it then.. damn..

Might take a trike out myself as seen as there have been no transmissions back from the recent expedition to the fortress.

ooc: broadband died on me earlier :\
-Zane Shadowfall (Deceased) (68/69**)
Zane
THN Addicted

Postby kir » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:23 am

I'm about to head out in a few minutes, you haven't missed it, I'll attempt to contact you over the internal network.
kir
THN User

Return to Role Playing