Forums

(WIP) Story: Lisa Merlins Chronicles - Gabanium

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

(WIP) Story: Lisa Merlins Chronicles - Gabanium

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:14 am

ooc:

Hi all, another story for you to all enjoy. This one is about 12-14 chapters, so it's a short story for a change, and will be told in about 3 parts.

And as a THN exclusive parts 1 and 2 will appear on the THN before the official forums. Part 3 will be published on the official forums, and the THN at the same time.
Lisa Merlins
Phoenix Public Relations - Member of the 1st Paladin Order.

"Painiting all my nails purple"
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Chapter 1 – Final notes

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:15 am

In the silent lab, the big hand on the clock clicked to move over the number 1 on the face while the small hand remained on the number 8. In the middle of the clock face, it read “17 Feb 2143.” Normally, the equipment and instruments would be buzzing and analysing the results. But today, all the equipment was turned off.

The only activity in the lab was a scientist trying to write some notes in her diary, who was lost in thought staring at the clock. She had been reflecting on the studies of her invention which had made famous 20 years ago. She also remembered the glory and the pride when she picked up the Nobel Peace Prize for herself and her team.

The 50 year old female scientist stopped staring at the clock. She sat on her stall feeling very troubled, for her invention was going to be her downfall. How was she going to tell the people of Mars that her invention could kill them in 80 years time? She looked at her open diary at the notes she had written so far, and continued to write.

She heard a pair of feet running down the corridor. The doors of the lab burst open as a young female scientist in her twenties ran in, looking terrified.

“Gloria! We got to get to the shelter now. Our lives are at stake!”

Gloria didn’t care what her assistant told her. “So are the lives of the people on Mars.”, she replied in gloomy voice.

“No, not Mars, Earth! The Empire is striking against the Federation. It’s all out w…”

There was a blinding flash. The windows in the labs shattered, and there was a hot blast of wind which knocked the bench over that was Gloria was working on.

Gloria grabbed her diary before she was knocked to the ground by the blast and the falling bench.

The clock stopped to mark the end of Gloria’s life and the beginning of World War III.
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Chapter 2 – The Circle of Panchama

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:22 am

31st August 2760

It was dawn in Tawkdeen village. The village that was used for the home of the Brotherhood of Crahn, looked deserted. Traders who used to have shops here had long left the village and set up shop elsewhere.

Next to the Tawkdeen Church, a Drom minding his own business munched on the grass. The church had been long abandon by Crahn, since they moved to the Dome of York, but today a group of Monks had gathered inside.

Inside the church a tall bald head monk, wearing a black robe stepped up onto the altar so the congregation could see him. There was a roar and the crowd started to chant his name. “Ash! Ash! Ash! Ash!”

Ash looked around the church with his black eyes. He raised his hands in the air to demand silence from the congregation.

Ash started to speak in a deep commanding voice. “Brothers I had a vision from Crahn.”.

The congregation all started to have a conversation between themselves. Expressions of alarm and anger started to appear on the faces, as if they had been offended. Ash raised his hands in the air again. “I see fear and anger in your eyes. Fear not my Brothers, Crahn stood with four of his circle. Aries, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio.”

Now the congregation let of a gasp as if this was a very significant vision, and started to talk very excitedly amongst themselves. The congregation at the back started to chant “Ash! Ash! Ash! Ash!” before the whole congregation was chanting Ash’s name.

Ash allowed the chanting to go on for a whole minute, before once again raising his arms to demand silence.

“He asked me to choose my Circle, for he has a quest for the chosen followers.”

Everyone in the congregation started to get excited, and hoped they would be chosen for this special circle that Ash was to form. One member got a little too excited and shouted “Me! Me! Me! Now! Now! Now!”, before his neighbour thumped him gently to shut him up.

“I begged him to allow the Circle of Panchama to go on his quest.”. Ash paused and looked around the Church before he continued. “Brothers we are the Circle of Panchama, and Crahn granted my wish.”

The congregation erupted in delight, and started to chant “Ash! Ash! Ash!” Ash let off a smile before the congregation stopped chanting to allow Ash to speak.

“Our quest is to bring a new dawn to this world, and Crahn has shown me the light on how to bring the new dawn to this world.”

Ash briefly paused. “We will have to seek old lost information. We will face outsiders who will try to stop us. We will have to obtain materials for our quest. However, we must not fail Crahn’s vision. Time is precious we begin our quest now.”

The passive psionics users within the congregation started to cast spells on their fellow brothers.

“I have given some of you some new spells which Crahn showed me to allow this vision to succeed. This spell will keep us hidden from spies.”

Then there was a blue wave of bubbles as several of the passive psionics users casted the new spell they had been given, anti-sight sanctum.

“As soon as we are in our new home, I will show you some of the new spells that Crahn has shown me.”

Ash stepped down from the Altar and walked up the aisle to the entrance. He turned around to see his followers ready.

“Our quest begins!”
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Chapter 3 – Midnight patrol

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:24 am

23rd November 2760 23:00NST

It was a clear night in sector D-06. In the sky there were two white dots moving together in a straight line. The two white dots were two large flying Dome of York Hovercarriers from Phoenix Ltd on a routine communications patrol.

The pilot in the first Hovercarrier spoke first. “Ok break formation. Sedna, fire up the communications scanning equipment.”

Morpheous heard the loud roar of the engines from the second Firebird increase to full power. He looked out of the window and saw the second DoY Hovercarrier accelerating away and banking off to the left.

In the back of Morpheous’s hovecarrier, Sedna switched on the communications equipment “Scanners running, recorders on, triangulation link between Firebird Serenity III and Firebird Troja established.”

Morpheous tapped a control on the flight deck of his DoY Hovercarrier.

“Siona, we are all set, how about you?”

The communications link crackled. “Our equipment is coming online, I’m detecting some pollution clouds, so it’s going to be fun keeping clear of those.” There was a pause, before Siona continued. “Ok Trill says the equipment is running.”

“Copy, right 8 hours of scanning communications and listening to shit-talk coming up.”, Morpheous tapped the control to close the voice link between the two firebirds.

Sedna tweaked the scanning controls, and flicked a switch to put the signal she was listening to on the speakers.

“We are going to pwn them!”, a male voice shouted on the speaker.

“Yeap, 8 hours of shit-talk coming up.”, commented Morpheous. Sedna smiled, and flicked on a monitor to show a frequency spectrum display, and looked at a second display which showed the position of Firebird Troja. Two yellow lines was projecting from the position of Firebird Serenity III. Two more lines from Firebird Troja where projecting and swinging around to intercept the lines. Then the lines from each Firebird became one, and turned green as the triangulation equipment established the position of the source of the communication.

“Looks like someone is moving in on Northstar Uplink, which isn’t one of Fallen Angels.” Sedna looked at the quiet frequency spectrum display. “Otherwise it looks all quiet tonight.”

For about three hours Sedna continued to tune between different frequencies, while trying to maintain the link between Firebird Troja who seem to have a lot of difficulty maintaining line of sight communications between their Firebird. Then a red light came on the triangulation equipment.

“Damm, we lost the link to Troja.”

“Just hope they get out of the pollution clouds quickly. Radiation is not good for them.”, commented Morpheous.

Sedna continued to monitor the frequency display. She spotted a spike at the bottom end of the frequency spectrum, which she knew was rarely used. She touched the screen to get the listening equipment to tune in on the signal. The speaker burst into a series of two tones for a short second. Then a continuous tone was heard, before static was heard again.

“Wow, what was that.”, Morpheous asked. Sedna turned around from her seat to check the recording equipment. She tapped a few commands on the keyboard. The same continuous tone was heard again, followed by a burst of two tones for a short second, and then the continuous tone was heard again.

“Looks like we captured that signal on the recorder.”, Sedna spun her chair around to look at the triangulation display, and she sighed. “Bugger, no lock on the source, great time to loose the triangulation link between us and Troja. That signal came from somewhere between Regents Fortress and Regents Legacy.”

“Well that sounds odd, there is nothing but overgrown vegetation down that way. Looks like that is a candidate to check into later. Where is Troja?”, said Morpheous.

The link between Firebird Troja and Firebird Serenity III was re-established about an hour later. For the rest of the 8 hour shift, they monitored the area between Regents Fortress and Regents Legacy for any further activity, but they found nothing.

When the second relief Section 2 patrol took over from them, Sedna had a look at the candidate signal while Morpheous flew the Firebird back to Tech Haven.

As Morpheous touched down, he turned to Sedna. “You got anything on that signal?”

Sedna shook her head. “Morpheous, that signal is in an unrecognised code. Looks like we will need the Codestreamers to crack the code.”.
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Chapter 4 – The Black Circle.

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:27 am

30th November 2760 08:23NST

It was a clear day in the Outzone sectors. In the Crahn Church in Outzone 9, Father Angus sat in his Vestry. It was a quiet day, and he wasn’t expecting any visitors. He sat at his desk, and read the bible of Crahn. It was quite lonely here in Outzone 9, with his few servants, but someone from the Brotherhood had to remain behind, when the rest of Crahn left for the Dome of York.

There was a knock at the door. Father Angus looked up and nodded to his servants to open the door. His two servants opened the door to reveal a hooded female monk standing in the doorway. She walked slowly in.

“Child of Crahn, speak.”, said Father Angus.

The female hooded monk fell to her knees and held out a stone. “Forgive me Father Angus for the intrusion, for I have recovered one of the lost stones of Crahn’s pilgrimage.”

She held out a clear blue stone, which was glowing. Father Angus got up from his desk and walked over to the monk. He took the stone and examined the stone. “My holy Crahn.”, he said silently to himself.

He turned to his two servants in the Vestry. “Leave us.”, commanded Father Angus. The two servants bowed, walked out of the Vestry and closed the door. Father Angus, walked to the doors and locked them.

He turned around and walked around the kneeling monk. “Child of Crahn, speak your name.”

“Sue Ceri.”, she replied quietly. She continued to look down, and she stayed on her kneels.

“Sue Ceri, you have done an outstanding service to Crahn. This lost stone you have recovered is a major part of the history and pilgrimage of Crhan.”

“I am honoured father. Crahn showed me the light in my quest for the lost stone.”, Sue replied.

Father Angus smiled a little. “The Black Circle would admire you for your efforts. We need people like you.” Father Angus stopped to consider has thoughts. “Sue Ceri, I have heard many things about you. All true to the light of Crahn. I shall reward your efforts. I shall grant you admission to the Black Circle. You may now call me Brother.”

“I am honoured Brother Angus.”

Father Angus continued. “Hold your commanding hand out.” Sue held out her right hand where she was wearing her PSI glove. Father Angus gently removed it. “You shall also be gifted with a Tacholytium PSI glove. May Crahn show you the true power of his ways with this glove.”

Father Angus turned around, and opened a small chest on his desk. He took out a gold looking glove and fitted it to Sue’s right hand.

“Brother it is an honour to receive this gift from Crahn. I will be true to the light of Crahn.”

Sue used her left hand to adjust the glove to make it a little more comfortable. Suddenly Father Angus walked rapidly forward and pulled her left sleeve of her cloak, and took her left hand. He examined the hand of the female monk and saw five fingernails painted to perfection in a deep red blood colour.

He threw the hand down in disgust. “Blasphemy! You insult the order the Black Circle, and the true light of Crahn. Wearing the filthy nailpolish of Tsunami Syndicate hookers. You are not pure to be a member of the Black Circle. Wait a minute…”

Father Angus yanked the hood of female monk cloak off to reveal a young looking girl in her late twenties, with red hair tied into a ponytail, who was not looking too pleased.

“Well well well. My Holy Crahn, it’s no-one other than Miss Nailpolish herself, Lisa Merlins. Who the Crahn is this Sue Ceri?”

Lisa stood up, feeling annoyed that her cover had been blown. “That my late mother’s maiden name you are insulting…Brother.”

“So what dirty work you doing against us for the Fallen Angels and Phoenix this time?”, shouted Father Angus.

“None! I left Phoenix six months ago, and if you haven’t heard I’m not exactly welcomed in Fallen Angels.”

“Lies!” Father Angus, whispered something to himself. Lisa quickly reacted by stepping a little to her left, as a bolt of lightning hit the floor and cracked the tile on the floor.

“You will not leave this church alive, for the crimes you and those Tech Freaks have committed against Crahn!”. Lisa stepped back to her right as another bolt of lightning hit the Pew to her left. The Pew shattered into a pile of smouldering broken wood.

“Tempesta del fuoco!”, Lisa whispered to herself and thrust her hand in the direction of Father Angus. A blanket of fire approached Father Angus very rapidly, before he waved his hand. In a split second the flames was extinguished. Lisa swore to herself. “Crap!”, before she was knocked backwards twenty feet by a well timed and well placed PSI attack spell from Father Angus.

Lisa was lying her back, feeling a little outclassed by Father Angus’s PSI power. She jumped to her feet. “Lampo Santo”, she whispered.

A bolt of lighting hit the ground and cracked the tiles on the floor. She quickly repeated the spell, but Father Angus was too quick, and managed to dodge each bolt of lightning that Lisa threw at him.

Father Angus waved his hand and held his hand in the air. Suddenly Lisa was slammed against the wall, and held in the air a few feet from the ground. Lisa tried to move her hand, but she could not. The spell was completely restraining her movements. Father Angus waved his other hand, and a spell flew from Lisa’s belt to his hand.

“A fire apocalypse spell. I seem to recall you have burnt quite a few of your enemies with this spell.”, commented Father Angus

Lisa couldn’t reply, as the restraining spell seemed to be grabbing her around the neck preventing her from speaking. A beam of fire formed in the middle of the room and started to approach Lisa slowly, who was starting to struggle a lot more. She started to feel the intense heat of the fire beam as continued to approach her, as the trickling flames danced around the beam. The beam stopped about one foot in front of her face. The heat was intense, and Lisa could feel the fire beam intense heat starting to burn her.

“Rot in hell Lisa.”, said Father Angus.

Lisa closed her eyes to focus her PSI power to force Father Angus PSI grip off her. But before she could command the spell, she heard a loud crack, and Lisa fell to the floor. She opened her eyes to see the fire beam gone, and Father Angus on the floor face down, and a bullet hole in the back of his head. Blood started to pool out from his face on the floor. Lisa quickly looked up to the ledge on the first level of the Vestry. She spotted the brief blue glow of a spy slipping into stealth.

Lisa ran over to the dead body of Father Angus to pick up the clear blue stone and her fire apocalypse spell. There was a banging sound on the locked door to the Vestry.

“Father Angus!”, shouted the two servants, as they continued to bang on the door. The door buckled as the two servants tried to ram the door to open it. Lisa has to make an exit quick, before the Servants got her, but who was the spy who saved her? Was the spy who shot Father Angus friendly, or was she going to be the next target? Lisa spotted the open window on the ledge. She had no choice to go that way out. Quickly she jumped up to the first ledge, and climbed out though the window. She jumped down to the path that led to Outzone 7, and started to run as fast as she could.

For five minutes she ran through the Outzone sectors, until she felt she could no longer run any more. She hoped she had lost the spy as well, but she wasn’t sure. Lisa turned to hide in a dark side alleyway and catch her breath. She turned around to look out of the alleyway. Now she would have to find her way out of the Outzone sectors without the Neocron City runners spotting her or Crahn finding her.

“Lisa!”, said a voice behind her. Lisa jumped and spun around to see a spy wearing power armour looking at her. His sniper weapon was holstered on his back. “Who are you? I owe you one for saving my life.”

The spy took off his helmet, to reveal a face that Lisa knew very well. “Tratos!”, she exclaimed. “Really you stop sneaking up on me like that!” The Director of Phoenix’s Section 2 looked at her. “You are a hard person to track down.”

“I have to be, since I am a wanted person by the Tech Haven Security Council. I still protest my innocence. You here to take me in, as you know I can very easily kill you.”, she told Tratos.

“You was a wanted person Lisa. You was cleared two weeks after the court hearing. Although Brammers had a hard job convincing the Tech Haven Security Court to listen to the evidence that cleared you. Escaping from jail and going on the run didn’t help. Was you planning to join Crahn and fight against the Angels?”

“I wasn’t planning to stay around Crahn for long. I was heading back to Military Base join the Mercs. My mother, Sue Ceri, was a Merc, before she left for the city and met my father. So you been looking for me for the last 6 months to tell me I have been cleared?”

“Actually, we have been looking for you for the last 3 days, something has come up that’s threatening the security of the Fallen Angels again, and you are only expert left on the threat.”

“What threat?”, asked Lisa. Tratos Skarn pulled a blue glowing datadisk from his pocket, and touched the top of it. A holographic image of Brammers standing appeared. The image started to talk.

“Miss Merlins.”, said the holographic image of Brammers. “I trust Section 2 have found you, or you have erm…eliminated them and found this message. I have some news, and the Angels need your help. We fear the Skull Cult is back. I ask you to come to Phoenix HQ in Tech Haven. Be safe out there Lisa.”. The image of Brammers faded away, and the glow of the datadisk faded. The wind in the alleyway started to pick up.

“Is he serious?”, said Lisa. Tratos nodded. “Is Lifewaster and SanityIsLost still with Phoenix?”

“They are, and it’s nothing to do with them. And you know what City Admin did to the cult members they captured, Life and Sil can’t remember very much of their days in the cult. You are the only ex-cult member who knows their ways, and hasn’t had their brain cells screwed by City Admin.” The wind in the alleyway was now a strong breeze.

Lisa thought to herself. Tech Haven was now neutral ground for everyone, so she wouldn’t be arrested there if she walked in there. Also she knew Tratos knew a dozen to capture or kill anyone. So far Tratos had saved her from the mad Father Angus.

“Ok I’ll come to Tech Haven and talk to Brammers. You got a vehicle to give me a lift?”, Lisa started to notice the wind was getting very strong, and she could just hear a roar nearby.

The com-link on Tratos’s power armour beep and cracked. “Sir, we are homing in on your position, status?”. The male voice sounded familiar to Lisa.

Tratos tapped his com-link. “Status is green, target recovered and is willing to co-operate.”

Suddenly a DoY Hovercarrier appeared overhead and remained stationary, and it created a very large back-draft that was making it difficult for Lisa and Tratos to stand. Lisa looked up, to see if she could spot the name on the side of the Hovercarrier. The bay doors of the Hover Carrier opened, and a platform on the end of the cable started to lower down.

“Sir, we got two assault gliders on intercept course. ETA 1 minute…oh and hi hot Lady.” Lisa knew it was John Keel, who was the only person who called her Hot Lady. Lisa smiled a little, she was glad to hear that John was still with Phoenix.

The rescue platform got to about three feet from the ground. Lisa and Tratos jumped onto the platform. Tratos pushed the button to raise the platform back to the Hovercarrier. He opened the com-link. “As soon as the platform has cleared the alleyway walls, hit the throttle Morpheous. Lisa get ready to hold tight, this is going to be a very fast extraction.”

The rescue platform cleared the walls of the alleyway. Lisa looked around to see the roof tops of Outzone, and the Dome that covered the inner sectors of Neocron City. Then she spotted two smoke trails closing very rapidly on their position. The roar of the DoY hovercarrier engines increased to full power and started to accelerate. Lisa and Tratos grabbed the handrail of rescue platform, as there was still fifteen metres to go before the platform was safely inside the hovercarrier.

The 20mm cannon on the hovercarrier turned to face the two rapidly closing assault gliders. It opened fire in the direction of the two Assault Gliders, which both broke formation, but the gunner on the cannon tracked one of the escaping gliders. A black smoke trail appeared from the first glider, and it started to take a nose-dive towards the ground. The second glider, changed direction and started heading away from the Hovercarrier. Once again the cannon tracked the glider and fired, but the glider was now out of range of the cannons.

The rescue platform arrived in the bay of the hovercarrier. A Gen-tank in power-armour hit a switch to close the bay doors. Lisa and Tratos jumped off the rescue platform. Tratos walked over to the communications panel, and flicked a switch.

“Morph, red-line it to Tech Haven.”

“Got it Sir, hold tight and strap in!”, replied Morpheous.

The engines of the hovercarrier increased power. The hovercarrier started to vibrate as the harmonics of the two engines started to creep pass the vibration dampers. John Keel, Tratos and Lisa Merlins quickly strapped themselves in their seats, while Morpheous flew them to Tech Haven.
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Chapter 5 – Swamp hunters

Postby Lisa Merlins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:28 am

The Neo-Hiker’s guide to the Wastelands describes the regions between Regents Fortress and Regents Legacy, as a road that goes to a dead end. It also recommends you don’t go off the track, as it’s either muddy, or full of overgrown vegetation that no matter how fast you go though it will always be a crawl. It also recommends you take a pair of Wellington boots. However no armour seller has ever heard of Wellington boots, yet alone sold a pair.

No-one would normally come to this region of the wastelands, because there was nothing out here. Well except for a small group of people, who’s boss had told them to go there and find “Anything.”

Delphi, Nova and H-K from Section 2 of Phoenix were the unfortunate group of people who were looking for “Anything.”

The monk at the front of the group was soaking wet from head to toe. “Next time you break a code that the codestreamers can’t break, don’t volunteer us to go and join in the search for the source of the signal.”, said Delphi to Nova. Delphi stopped for a brief second to wipe the sweat from his forehead. Even though it was about four hours after sunrise, it was incredibly hot.

“Hell yeah!”, said H-K. I prefer to search for anything so long as it’s in the comfort of a Rhino with music. Searching on foot does not even come close to comfort, and these temperatures of 40 C is flipping hot.”

“Guys, if the code was that simple to break, finding the source of the signal should be even simpler.”, said Nova enthusiastically. Delphi and H-K did not share Nova’s enthusiasm.

The group continued moving for a few minutes, breaking a path of overgrown weeds and plants. Then Nova cleared a path to an area that had been cleared previously by a group of large vehicles. Delphi and H-K looked around. “I think we found something.”, commented Delphi.

“There you go, told you it would be easy to find.”. Delphi and H-K glared at Nova.

“Now which way?”, asked H-K

“Well that way goes out of the swap area, and this way goes further in. Simple! Looks like they used APC’s.”, said Nova.

“How can you tell?”, asked Delphi.

“Well there are no other known vehicles that have tyre tracks this wide.”

“You got a point N...”, Delphi started to say, when Nova raised his hand to silence him. He them gestured his hand to look to the left. H-K and Delphi looked to the left.

Through a small gap in the field of overgrown vegetation, Delphi, H-K and Nova observed a solitary monk who appeared to be meditating. Beside him, there were some crates, digging equipment and some mounds of earth and clay, and directly behind him there appeared to be some electronic equipment.

“Is he Crahn?”, asked H-K.

Delphi looked at the monk. He could see the symbol of Crahn emblazed on his coat, and some other symbols which Delphi couldn’t identify. “Could be, but what’s he doing out here, and what all this digging equipment.”

“What to go and ask him?”, said Nova.

“Sure!”, said Delphi with a beam of confidence.

H-K unstrapped his S.T.O.R.M laser from his gap, and powered it up. He mounted the weapon on his shoulder and got a weapon lock on the monk through the grass and the heat haze. “One false move and he’s toasted.” Nova had moved a bit further to H-K’s left and got his Moonkstriker out. He checked to see if it was loaded with rockets, before joining H-K and locking on target at the monk.

H-K and Nova nodded to Delphi. Delphi whispered a few words to himself. A brief yellow and white glow encircled him. Delphi was now ready, he stepped out of the overgrowth into the clearing. “Morning!”

There was a whoosh and screeching noise from what sounded like a fusion weapon being fired. Delphi saw the small red fusion ball approaching the spot he was standing on. He jumped cleared before the red ball impacted the grounded, creating a shower of mud. Delphi, now on the ground scrambled to get up and get clear before two more fusion shots hit the ground.

H-K wasn’t quite sure he saw the fusion shots come from the monk, but he wasn’t going to ask questions now. He squeezed the trigger on his S.T.O.R.M laser. The deadly weapon fired, and the equipment behind the monk exploded in a big shower of sparks. “What the f….” H-K swore he had a clean lock on the monk before a fusion shot sailed over his head and impacted the ground behind him. The next thing H-K saw was a rocket blast from a Moonstriker hitting the area to the left of the monk, and the noise of a monk screaming in pain.

Delphi felt the ground shaking from the Moonstriker rocket hits. There was calm for ten seconds before Delphi got up from his feet. By now Nova and H-K had found the monk and had restrained him from trying to doing anything. Delphi looked at the monk, who was badly injured from the Moonstriker blast.

“Who are you?”, said Delphi in a raised voice.

The monk strained to raise his head before speaking. “I don’t answer… questions… for I am a follower of the Circle of…”. The eyes of the monk closed and the body went limp.

“The circle of what?”, demanded Delphi. The body of the monk glowed read before disappearing into nothing, leaving nothing but his robe. “Shit.” Nova and H-K released the robes of the monk which fell flat into the ground. Nova looked at the back of his coat. “What are these four symbols Delphi?”

Delphi looked at the symbols which he recognised straight away. “Signs of the zodiac, Aries, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio.”

H-K wasn’t paying attention. He could not understand how he had missed. “I can’t believe I missed.”, Nova looked at H-K. “It looked the beam went straight through him.”

Delphi was looking at the body of the monk, and the crater of the Moonstriker blast. “If he was standing where I saw him, then a Moonstriker blast should have blasted him back into this equipment, not over here. From what I saw of his injuries, he looked liked he taken a direct hit from a Moonstriker rocket.”

Delphi, H-K and Nova looked at each other very confused. “Where is the fusion weapon?”, asked H-K.

All three of them looked around the area for any signs of a fusion weapon. There was no sign of any. “I know Lifewaster is good at using rifles and pistols but he never mastered a fusion weapon.” Delphi remembered Lifewaster’s last attempt to use a fusion weapon. The end result was Lifewaster ended back ten feet on his back from his starting spot and there was a nice round hole in left in the ceiling, which had to be rapidly concealed before anyone noticed.

H-K looked at the centre of the Moonstriker blast, and his original position. “Well it looked like the fusion shot I saw came from the centre of this crater.”

Delphi looked around. “Now what was going on here?”. The two gen-tanks and the monk started to spread out look around the area. It was clear it was a digging site of some sort. Delphi approached the burning equipment that H-K had destroyed ealier. “Nice work there H-K”, said Delphi.

“Delphi, think you better take a look at this.”, shouted Nova. Delphi walked to where Nova was standing. Next to a pile of rumble, there was a makeshift ladder going down a hole, and a pile of lifting equipment. Delphi pulled his torch out, and switched it on. He looked down the hole. He could see a skeleton which looked very old, but that was all he could see.

Delphi grabbed the first rung of the ladder and started to descend. “Looks like we are going down.”

Once Delphi got down to the bottom of the ladder he looked around in the corridor he was standing in. There were a couple of doors leading off, to various rooms all with various symbols in black on yellow backgrounds. The walls looked liked they had been scorched by intense heat blast. He noticed the floor had a lot of marks as if some heavy equipment had been dragged and then lifted out. Delphi heard the feet of H-K and Nova dropping to the floor.

“Ok keep in constant radio link, lets have a look around.”. The group split up and started to take a door each.

Delphi entered the room with two double doors. He entered a room that was massive in size. In the middle there was a very large circle of broken glass, with jagged edges around the circumference. The angle of the jagged edges made Delphi think that this was a dome like structure that had been destroyed. Was this an early Dome of York research lab? Delphi looked around the room with his torch. On the walls there was a lot of equipment, which was no longer functioning. He walked over to the equipment to see if he could work out what it did. He touched a switch on one console, but nothing happened. Delphi decided against touching any other equipment, just in case it did do anything.

In the corridor, H-K entered a small room. It had a desk, a chair which was overturned and several tall bookcases full of books. The room looked totally undisturbed, until H-K spotted a very unusual tall metal crate with a compartment open. H-K looked inside the compartment, to see nothing inside. He pushed the compartment door closed, and read the label on the compartment. He immediately opened the com-link to the rest of the team. “Delphi I think I got something.”

In another room, Nova was looking around what appeared to be lab. There were several frames of what used to be windows, judging by the piles of broken glass at the base of the frames. There was a skeleton of a body which looked like it had been thrown over against the bench which was overturned.

Nova walked over to the other side to see another skeleton partially under the workbench. Nova looked at the angles of the desk and skeletons, to conclude that a massive blast had hit this room. He saw a clock on the wall, which had the date and time on it. In the middle it read “17 Feb 2143”, and the big hand was on the 1 and the small hand was on the 8. Nova could only conclude that this was some very scientific time keeping equipment.

Nova looked at the skeleton again, to see the hand holding something that looked like a large notebook. He carefully lifted the hand up to try and pull the notebook out, when he heard H-K speak over the com-link. “Delphi I think I got something.”

The link crackled with a conversation between Delphi and H-K. Gently he lifted the notebook away, and turned it over.

He read the cover. Straight away he knew what he had found was important and vital. He opened the com-link to the rest of the team.

“Boys, I think I’ve got something, and I think we better get hold of the boss.”

ooc: What is the mysterious message? Are the Skull Back? And what has the swamp team found? Login in to find out in a few days time!
Lisa Merlins
THN User

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:07 pm

I read this through chemistry, and I will read it again when I get home, but what I have seen so far,

A
W
E
S
O
M
E

As was the last :P

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby sanityislost » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:01 pm