Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

[WIP] Quoth Skarn - The Life Of Q.

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby Tratos » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:00 pm

:( Aint written anything more as of yet will be very soon.
THN Administrator & Moderator
Tratos
THN Administrator

Chapter V - "The Mutant"

Postby Tratos » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:01 pm

Took me a while and the product isnt the best but here is the next part of Quoth's Story.

If you spot any mistakes in grammar or spelling please drop me a PM or point them out here and i'll fix them.

----------------------------------------------------
My eyes finally opened after what must have been hours as my migraine had gone and I was no longer in pain, it took a few moments for me to register the ceiling was moving past me as the stench of stagnant water filled my nostrils I gazed up at it, not having the energy to raise my head to see what was going on I tried to listen to my surroundings however there was only a loud humming sensation in my ears until as my head was jolted over a rock and my hearing rushed back with the noise of clanking mechanical movement, with great effort I lifted my head to see myself being dragged along a cave like corridor with many pools of hideous green water by the second little spiderbot which I hadn’t destroyed. Minutes past as I was dragged along, unable to kick myself free due to the lack of energy, soon I was able to hear the sound of cascading water.

Going over the last stage of events in my mind as I was being dragged to who knows where I had not noticed the sound of water getting louder or the tunnel becoming wider as it entered an enormous cavern, coming to an abrupt halt I was quickly jolted out of my day dream as the spiderbot rushed off the way it had just dragged me, getting up with a struggle and a groan as my whole body ached I was finally upright for the first time in hours, looking around the cavern I quickly became aware of the huge water fall at the far side cave which ran into a wide river that flowed past where I was standing, the air was much fresher here due to the flow of what appeared to be clean fresh water. In the distance along the bank for the underground river I could see smoke billowing from a small fire, interested to see what was there I headed off in the direction of the flames.

A few moments later walking along the bank of the river I stopped and crouched down at the waters edge, lowering my hands into the cool water I felt quite refreshed, drawing some from the river in my cupped hands I splashed my face, making me feel a lot better and a little less groggy, as I stood up again and faced my destination a familiar metallic scampering noise drifted to my ears, turning around I saw the little spiderbot scuttling across the cave floor towards me with my backpack, on reaching me it discarded the bag, beeped a few times and dashed towards to the small fire.

Picking my up bag and seeing all its contents were still inside it, I strained my eyes in the direction of the small fire, there appeared to be a camp there, picking up my pace I headed for the camp, head spinning at what I would find there, upon reaching the camp I was quite surprised, there was a small power generator connected to a salvaged home term, also the small spiderbot was now sitting idle next to the generator one of its little legs locked straight and connected to a badly made socket bodged to the generator. There were robot parts everywhere from pretty much every mechanical device I had ever seen, they were spread all over the floor and piled high in open crates. Looking over the rest of the camp there was a crudely made bed, more crates, a large barrel filled with water and a large cooking pot standing over the flames of the small fire filled with an odd looking stew, turning my back on these I went to investigate the home term. I was shocked to see it was connected to the CityCom network and even more shocked when a dry voice croaked from behind me
“Yeah, I was quite amazed myself when I managed to get it connected all the way down here” I turned slowly to face the owner of the croaking voice, petrified by the sudden shock of seeing this man, I passed out and fell to the floor at the crusted and mangled feet of a mutant draped in a long green and brown patched cloak.
Tratos
THN Administrator

Postby sanityislost » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Nice work dude!

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby Tratos » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:12 pm

Only 6 months wait ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

The mutant had managed to be lift me and place me on the crudely constructed bed after about an hour of unconsciousness I awoke with a jolt to see a bowl of stew being offered to me by a pair of scared and mangled hands.

“Not the best sight to see when you first wake up I know” said the mutant passing me the bowl and crossing the floor of the cavern to his home term.

“Who are you?” I asked shakily, drinking the stew from the bowl, it was hot and actually tasted quite nice although I couldn’t tell what it was made of.

“More importantly, who are you? I’ve not detected a psionic presence down here in decades and then one of the most powerful I’ve ever felt comes to visit me”

Staring at the mutant I tried remembering what happened, I could remember the great white light, the thumping migraine and finally the scorching pain I felt in my hand as it burst into flames. Putting the bowl of stew down slowly I pulled back the long sleeve of my jacket which I’d been using to hold the hot bowl with like a glove.

Without turning to face me the mutant began to speak
“No, you wont find any scorch marks, not even a bit of singeing to the hairs on your hand – after all what use would being able to summon fire be if it burnt the hand of it’s creator. What’s your name kid?”

“Quoth err Q for short” I said nervously.

“Well Q, you’ve certainly got the gift, I haven’t felt so much psi energy in years, well to tell you the truth I haven’t felt it at all for along time, since they abandoned that storage room and corridor due to the damp no one seems to come even that far down here anymore”

“What do you mean I’ve got the gift? And a powerful psionic presence? All I knew is that I had one heck of a bad headache then fire burst out of my hand” I replied hastily over my bowl of stew.

“Then you have a lot to learn about the powers you possess....”

The mutant grinned at me, or at least attempted to as one side of his jaw hung slack from the rest giving him a lop-sided expression.

“But who are you?”

“Me? That isn’t important but if you must know my name is Zindain Bail”
Last edited by Tratos on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tratos
THN Administrator

Postby sanityislost » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 pm

OMFG MUTANT YODA FTW!!!

very nice dude! :twisted:

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:57 pm

Yoda!

-Z
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby Tratos » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm

The fact i only just realised the Yoda-like similarity after you two metioned it.
I'll try and save this doom Star Wars parody in the next part, lol
Tratos
THN Administrator

Previous

Return to Role Playing