Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

(Unfinished) The Shadowfall Legacy - Part 1

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

(Unfinished) The Shadowfall Legacy - Part 1

Postby Wraith Shadowfall » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:08 am

"Why they put cheap booze in these cabinets I'll never know" Wraith muttered to himself as he placed the next cabinet into the new Dragon Ltd warehouse in Tech Haven.
'CHINK!!!' The GoGuardian was in place.. excellent.. now the company needed another million or so credits to maximise storage capacity.

"Wraith, you're needed in the Dome" a voice chattered over the RPOS company channel. It was HTEC, and another order had come in.

Wraith, like his father, never had a minute to himself. Business, sales and most of all.. profit.

"Ok.. I'll be back shortly.. who do I need to contact?" Wraith asked, hoping that it was some ludicrously rich individual who needed a full loadout.

"A new runner needs some weapons, could you give him the lowdown on pistols and what modifications he may need."

Wraith walked out of the warehouse and down the lift. Stopping breifly to type in his own appartment code. The same code and lift as his father's old store in Tech Haven.

"Grav lifts..." Wraith shuddred as he floated unnaturally upwards towards the second floor of his appartment. "Never had these in Tokyo".

Sitting down on the floor infront of his terminal, Wraith browsed the logged-in employees list. Deagan Romero, the only current sales rep for Dragon Ltd was once again not around..

"Deagon too stoned to accomodate?" Wraith called over the com again.

"Again.. whats new?" joked Skulk Parker back over the com.

"Ok.. I'm on my way back now". Wraith made his way to the Gene Replicator downstairs and pulled out his hack tool.

Flicking open the GRCP3 flap on the monstrous contraption proved a little odd to say the least. Instead of the usual few error beeps because the control panel had been opened while the system was active, a spark flew out and cought Wraith's hacktool..

"Shit!!" Wraith yelped, glancing at his hacktool.. "Nothing major" he sighed..

He lifted his arm again and began the hacking process that would give him a free ride from the Tech Haven hub all the way back to the Fallen Angels DNS.

His body materialised within the digital world that was hacknet. However, his digital eyes were not telling him what he expected to see. For a brief instant there was a bright light and the colour of the code flying around him was reminicent of Tech Haven.. things blurred a little and Wraith found himself in the FA DNS.

Gliding past the security, he went right for the Faction Logout node and materialized back in the real world..

"Senses intact... love this tool" he chuckled as he ran out through the Faction HQ. His Power Armour buzzing and beeping as he went.

Wraith jogged through the FA sector of the Dome.. dirty.. infested.. not a patch on his father's old home.

Arriving at the sector appartment lift, Wraith quickly punched in his appartment code, and walked into his hovel to drop a few items off before heading to his office in the Dragon workshop.

Wraith couldn't stop himself.. he crept over to the cabinet he knew contained a crate of Jack whiskey, grabbed a bottle and put it on the table amongst the rat droppings.

"pzzzzzzt" the Power Armour shut down and slipped off and Wraith reached for his drink.

In one swift move he removed the cap and brought the bottle to his lips.... but stopped..

"What the?" Wraith's other hand clasped his neck.. then moved down feeling something very unfamiliar.

Two chains ran around his neck, two dogtags... Wraith pulled at what he knew wasn't his personal dogtag.. it was heavier.. and much brighter.
The clasp slipped open on the chain and Wraith gasped in awe at what he was looking at.

He began reading aloud the inscription on the tag "Fallen Angels Free Thinker Award!".

Completely baffled how it had appeared there, Wraith took a seat and tried to recall his trip through Hacknet. "Wasn't here when I hacked the GR." he pondered.

He fumbled with the tag and turned it over. Then nearly passed out with shock as he read the engraving on the reverse..

"To Zane Shadowfall - From Lupus Wonderboy & The FA Admin"

ooc: part two coming when I don't have to sleep! ;)
-----------------------
Wraith Shadowdall [Business Director and CoFounder - Dragon Ltd]
Son of Zane Shadowfall [Founder of Phoenix Ltd, ex-chairman of the Fallen Angels and holder of the Fallen Angels Free Thinker Award (Deceased)]
Wraith Shadowfall
THN User

Postby HTEC9900 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:32 am

Right on, Zane, right on.
- HTEC9900
HTEC9900
THN fan

Postby HusK » Mon May 23, 2005 8:13 pm

OOC: say... did zane *coughs* wraith run off again? Or is he still ingame, anyone? /me wonders about such a great roleplayer not finishing a story... :huh:
Tech Haven Network - Former Lead Moderator / Former co-administrator
HusK
THN Whore

Return to Role Playing