Forums

BGS: Personal Log

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

BGS: Personal Log

Postby Kolesar » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:20 am

Personal Log Entries for Kolesar - uploaded via remote uplink to the TechHaven Network

Notes: This is my personal account of my last few weeks following my departure from the Dome. They are my own ramblings and I appologise for any bad spelling/grammer

Day - 1

I have decided to leave the dome and the current anarchy that is raging throughout Neocron and the Dome

of York. Since the forced removal from our home at Tech Haven and the dark and cold surroundings I find

myself in while writing these personal logs, I feel as though I can no longer live amongst some of the

worst people on the planet. I am surrounded by drug-dealers, pimps and other evil people and I do not

feel safe to walk the grim looking streets of the Dome.

So later today I am handing in my notice to Phoenix, who have employed me over the last few years

following my transfer from Next Systems. Maybe I should never have left the safe feeling of living

inside Neocron, but I cannot dwell on the past. I cannot transfer back due to the recent company

alliances that have formed.

I will need to gather my essential possessions, Silent Hunter, Stealth Device, Hacktool and basic

rations to help me survive the long trek beyond the wastelands.. Where I am going I do not know, maybe

there is another city far beyond the confines of the current explored region, maybe there is a way off

the planet. I have heard rumours and talk about distant systems, but as with everything the information

is soon quashed by the forces that lead the two cities.

Day - 2

I have said my goodbyes to as many of my fellow Fallen Angels as I could. It has been a sad day but I

cannot go back on my decision. If I don't go I will never be able to make the break...

Day - 3

This is it, I am leaving my appartment for the last time. Logging off... the rest of my logs will be

done via my personal data recorder.

It is now the end of day 3 and I am far from the Dome, after navigating around a lot of ferocious

monsters I have made camp in a small cave. From here I can see the towers of the Dome in the far

distance

Day - 4 - 10

Nothing much happened over the last few days, I have managed to cross the large desert which surrounds

the Dome, navigate around a mountain range and strangely, the environment is changing. Gone are a lot

of the large monsters that populated the areas around the Dome. Maybe they are drawn towards the

populated regions for food and out here there is nothing for them.

My rations are running out I will have to find something that I can eat and drink. Now I have passed

the mountain range I am finding a lot more fresh water and vegetation, I feel more alive, maybe the

radiation effects are less out here or something.

Day 14

I have found an abandoned camp, someone has been this way before and not too long ago. I have decided

to set-up here for a few days as the area is abundant with small animals and there are a lot of fruit

in a nearby copse of trees. There is also a large lake which has been very handy.

One thing has started to happen though, I have been experiencing strange flashbacks. These started

yesterday and I cannot make out what is happening within them. Maybe it was something I ate a few days

ago. I still have a few drugs that I brought with me, so I will take one tonight and see if I get a

better sleep...

Day 16

These flashbacks are getting worse, I have decided to stay put at this camp as I am not sure what is

happening. They are more vivid and last longer now. I seem to exist in these dreams as a strange human,

who has powers similar to a psi-monk. Around me are other alien races... but the dreams are not lasting

long enough for me to establish what they mean.

Day 20

The dreams continue, getting gradually stronger all the time, I will have to leave this camp as I can

feel myself getting weaker. I will have to head back to a remote outpost and find a doctor or medic. I

need help!

The dreams are very vivid now; the aliens in the dream are other races; orcs, elves, barbarians and we

all seem to exist in a large city called Qeynos. Everything appears very peaceful, completely different

to my physical life, but it is draining my energy. I do not know why these dreams are happening...

Day 22

I have had to stop again, I feel so weak. Again the visions dominate my sleep. I have not slept

properly for days now. My thoughts are cloudy, I cannot concentrate. I can see a large building in the

distance, hopefully it is an outpost of the Dome. Let's hope a friendly clan is occupying it and not

one loyal to Neocron.

Day 25

There is a large gap in my log, I can see that from the current day it is displaying. I cannot remember

how I got here, but I appear to be safe inside a building. I am hooked up to a strange machine, let's

hope the people here are friendly. I still have my log and items, except for my gun.

I do feel a lot better, the dreams seem to be subsiding and I have managed to eat and drink today. I'd

better put my log away as I hear someone coming.

Day 26

What a recovery! I have slept very well for the last 2 nights and I do not appear to have any lasting

damage. The people here are not from the Dome or Neocron. They do not say much about who they are or

what they are but they have seen many people suffer in the same way I have.

There analysis has been going on for a while, they seem to think that a chemical agent is added to the

water inside the cities of Neocron and the Dome which all people become somehow addicted to. After a

certain length of time without the agent the person becomes disorientated and has these visions.

Eventually without treatment the person will die, but by drinking the affected water the person does

regain their health.

They would not explain anything else to me and said I could leave tomorrow. I am not allowed to explore

the place I am in, I am only allowed inside this medical complex.

I'd better have a good nights sleep and prepare for my journey tomorrow. What shall I do? Do I head

back to the Dome, seek refuge somewhere or try and gain entry into Neocron? But I know one thing I

cannot leave, there is no way I can survive without the chemical agent and the people here do not fully

understand how it works.

Day 27

I am due to leave this afternoon, I have decided to head back to the Dome and try and find out how this

chemical agent work and seek out the reason why it is used.

They have returned all my belongings, but have warned me that I will be taken out of here drugged and

in a secured vehicle as they do not want to reveal the location of this outpost.

They say the drugs wear out after a couple of hours and they have provided me with plenty of rations to

last on my journey back to the Dome.

Well this will be my last entry until I get back to the Dome, lets hope I still have my appartment....
Kolesar
ex-employee of Phoenix Ltd
Kolesar
THN User

Return to Role Playing