Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

(Unfinished) M/S-STORY: Booglebox- The Re-Beginning

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

(Unfinished) M/S-STORY: Booglebox- The Re-Beginning

Postby booglebox » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:29 pm

The robot next to Booglebox woke up. Booglebox didn't. She was already awake.

There were several electrodes attached to Booglebox's brain, matrix-style. One was plugged in, and the rest were jammed in at odd but prescise angles. There were also several crude needles attached to the computer, and they pulsed and occasionally creaked in protest at the cocktail of toxic chemicals being pumped through them. They were transferring constant information to Booglebox's brain, and constant information was being sucked out.
For several years, life for Booglebox had been exactly the same. She was close to death. One last chance remained. This was it.

The computer's aincient nodes glowed brighter and groaned as Booglebox's brain, or what was left of it, went into overdrive. The robot sat up, and bits of it's rusted iron hull flaked off onto the floor, which was covered in at least an inch of dust. The robot stood up, slowly and apparently painfully, accompained by the screaming of rusted metal. It's crude internal combustion engine chugged slowly as it moved, leaking hydraulic fluid from at least twenty places, some eight feet across the floor, and extended it's foot in order to smash the computer's glass nodes and free Booglebox.

Booglebox was covered in sweat and shaking. She had never used her powers to such an extent before. The computer groaned and rattled, the green liquid inside the nodes by now fizzing and beginning to evaporate.

Booglebox was faced with a choice. Continue and face the fact that failure meant soon death due to an overstressed computer, or stop now and continue to inhabit the virtual and by now rather boring world of her computer. Her cyber-empire was decaying. There was a time when the entire internet bowed down to her, but that was seventy years ago when she had purpose, drive, resolve. That was all in the past now.

She continued. The robot chugged and clanked, coughed and stumbled the remaining three feet to her home, her place, her dwelling for the past two hundred and thirty years, the few cubic metres in which she lived, the computer lived, and they were one.

The robot stopped just short of the computer, it's right foot extended, ready to strike. The primitive engine within seized with a horrid grinding sound. The vibrations stopped. It's positronic brain, denied power, stopped firing. There was silence.

Booglebox died.

In the physical sense at least. She let out a sigh, more of a gesture than a necessity, as she had been intravenously fed oxygen for the past two centuries. The computer noticed this and, combined with the fact that it's partner had died two seconds before, overreacted. Literally.

TO BE CONTINUED SOME MORE....
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby sanityislost » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 pm

heh was sure what to expect when i noticed your thread but is damn sweet, cant wait for the next part.

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:55 pm

me neither that a least worth 19/20 form barrett or McD :P
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby booglebox » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:56 am

Thanks!
Next part coming at about 4pm Brit time.
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:17 am

its past 4pm now I NEED MORE STORY
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby booglebox » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:48 pm

200 years of overclocking, combined with a faulty electricity supply and lack of cooling... the 200,000 billion credit Altemann Übermachine had had enough, and made it's feelings clear by exploding. Not spectacularly, but vigourously enough to splatter the entire room with fizzing green goo and bits of glass.

What happened next defies the inagination.

Only a small amount of goo had hit Booglebox, due to the fact that a whopping great HomeTerm seperated her from the computer. Two globs of one hundred and fifty thousand volt green goo hit her. The larger on her hair, which melted, and the smaller right on her heart. It penetrated through a tear in her leather jumpsuit made by the cracked HomeTerm and gave her heart a massive electric shock. It then dissipiated.

Booglebox woke up.
No drama, no "Jeezuz Crist Wherethehellami" but a slow, dignified return to consiousness. The massive charge had re-activated the nuclear power cells in her by-now-obsolete battle armour.

The suits' main memory banks had been wiped by the Enemy, meaning that no backup of Booglebox's brain was availiable. However one last backup device remained. A vial of liquid was activated by the suit and a needle penetrated Booglebox's leg and injected itself into her veins. She gasped with the pain, then fell asleep suddenly as her brain began to restore itself.

Booglebox woke up again half an hour later, for the second time in two hundred years. She now knew the basics. She knew her name, place of birth, how to use her weapons and the basics of life in Neocron two hundred years ago. She asked her suit to give her some chemical help, and once it had taken effect slowly sat up. The suit performed some subroutines that made her feel refreshed after a good night's sleep.

Some night.

She got up slowly and waded through the blackess to switch on the lights. As she went over to the place where the lights must be she almost tripped over the carcass of a drom. Some long-bueried instinct flared, and she did the "sexy hip action" seven times to get her ligaments working. She chuckled quietly, and switched the lights on.

Nothing happened. Booglebox stood there, scratching her head. She tried the door. It was locked.

She retreated to the other side of the apartment, got out her First Love, loaded up a clip of Alpha-Cell Cooled Plasma Rifle Ammo, hoisted it up on her shoulder, and blew the southern corner of her apartment apart.
She stepped into the lift, got out her Heaven's Key, stroked it, and hacked the apartment lift.

It groaned and shuddered into action. Once it had stopped, she got out and a sign proclaimed "TH 1 layer 2 bar". She walked over to the bar, killed both the barkeepers with one shot, macroed her sl, nicked every drink in the sector, and strode off, happy, confidemt, puzzeled, and rather drunk.

TO BE CONTINUED....
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:52 pm

nice I WANNA MORE-I !!!!!!!
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby booglebox » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:01 pm

4:45 pm tomorrow... since phelps has banned the comps in WC there is not much I can do until then.

Mmmmm, boarders tea beckoning....
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:33 pm

that's what lappy's are for you idiot.... :p
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby sanityislost » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:00 am

Heh nice one, Dead Barmen...weeeeeee

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:43 am

mmm dead :( momi dadi i wana be dead when im older...
Dr J Zoidberg
THN Uberaddict

Postby booglebox » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:57 am

Thanks guys

Have pacience! um pacience um how do you spell that

Next part coming 4:30 or 4:45 Brit time
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Postby Dr J Zoidberg » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:01 pm

too slow!!!!!