Forums

Latest Neocron News and Information

EVENT: Statement on the failure of the TH Security System.

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

EVENT: Statement on the failure of the TH Security System.

Postby Brammers » Sun May 30, 2004 5:18 pm

Last night (29 May 2894) Arbiter of the Fallen Angels Science Council informed runners that the Techhaven Security systems had been hacked, and they was offline. This left our home, wide open to attackers.

After an initial assessment of the situation, it was established that the systems in Sectors 1, 2 and 3 where offline. However the security systems in the Faction Offices was still operational, as these are on a separate and isolated system, to keep the Science Council safe at all times. The reason for the systems being offline was due to an unknown group hacking the central mainframe in Tech Haven. This group either has background knowledge to the central mainframe or is very highly skilled.

Due to the spies in TechHaven it was quickly concluded that our enemy factions (Crahn, Black Dragon and Tangent) would use this opportunity to attack, all Fallen Angels runners was called to defend Techhaven, while another group regained control of the mainframe.

While groups of Fallen Angels patrolled sectors 1 to 3, attempts was made by Black Dragon to breach the entrance into Techhaven Sector 3, reported to be lead by Kirja Iljusha, however this is not yet confirmed.

The hacker group then took control of the security bot defence manufacturing plant, forcing it to run at 1250% of it’s normal capacity, and reprogramming the AI to attack all runners. Fortunately with the manufacturing plant running at an insane rate very poor quality weapons and armour was fitted to each bot. The hacker group then let all the bots (Estimated to be in excess of 10,000) loose around Techhaven sectors 2 and 3.

At this point the runners defending Techhaven found it very difficult to hold the bots back. A decision was made to call for help, which arrived from Silent, of Twilight Guardian. With the extra forces we were able to destroy the faulty security bots, and eventually take control of Techhaven Sector 2. Forces then moved to sector 3 and destroyed all the security bots leading into the shopping hall, where at least 2,000 more security bots was found and destroyed.

After clearing up the mess and attending to the wounded, 2 flaming skulls appeared in the air. A decision was made to evacuate the shopping hall, but due to a failure of the door into the hall we were not able to leave. Eventually we managed lift open the door and allow all runners to escape, however one Fallen Angels runner, named [TgR]Guard did not make it out. Before the door slammed shut, his last words he spoke was “Command me my lord”

The technicians at this point reported that they have re-gained control of Techhaven security systems, and the defence system was back online. The faulty door leading to the Shopping Hall, was now in back in full operation, but when we checked the shopping Hall, there was no traces of [TgR]Guard or the flaming skulls. Anyone with any information about this runner please report it to a member of the runner council, who are Brammers and Ressi.

The hacker group responsible for this attack on TechHaven remains unknown at this stage, however with the appearance of the flaming skulls just before we regained control of the mainframe, one can only speculate who the group is. Anyone with information please contact a member of the runner council.

On behalf of the runner council I would like to take this opportunity to thank our allies and friends for coming to our aid, and to all the runners of Techhaven who fought the bots to bring TechHaven back under control Without your help, I think we could have been looking at a major tragedy.

Be Safe

Brammers
Vice Chairman to Fallen Angels

ooc: Pictures of the event are in the Gallery - click on the link above
Also this post has been posted on the offical forums - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1401307
Brammers
THN Lead Administrator

Clan: Phoenix Ltd
Faction: Fallen Angels

Postby Morpheous » Sun May 30, 2004 5:23 pm

As systems administrator for the Tech Haven Mainframe, I can confirm that we now have control of the mainframe and the backdoor has been removed.

As well as a substantial increase in security, the TH Advanced Computing Laboratories has almost completed work on a system to allow us to regain control even if this doesn happen again.

And as the Faction Counsellor Assistant, I would like to thank all those who helped in the defense of our home.

Morpheous
Morpheous
THN Addicted

Postby booglebox » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:09 am

Rofl. Morph spends most of his life on developing intricate and expensive security systems... It happens to the best of us (pun intended)

Due to failure of comp just before I got back I will not be on NC until perhaps the day after tomorrow. (@ french internet cafe now)

I may not be on soon but i WILL be on.
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Return to Role Playing